* Sat Feb 27 2021 Cor Blom <email@example.com>
- Update to 7.0.40:
* A number of small updates across several fonts.
For details see:
* Sun Jan 10 2021 Cor Blom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 7.0.31
* Correct distribution release filenames
* Sat Jan 09 2021 Cor Blom <email@example.com>
- Update to 7.030:
* Overhaul dot placement on all Latin capitals with dot-above
* Align dot-below on ? U+1E43 below middle stroke of m
* Remove bogus glyphs encoded as subscripts from Display and
* Drop inappropriate kerning classes from ? U+2098 and ? U+2099
* Zero out kerns between super/subscript glyphs
* Add glyph for U+0453 to Cyrillic Italic styles
* Enable support for Macedonian localized Italics
* Expand range of available angle bracket sizes in Math family
* Add alternative slanted integrals to Math family (as feature
- Use tar.xz archive
* Wed Oct 14 2020 Cor Blom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 7.020:
* Fix name tables broken in 7.010 that associate styles in the
* Correct position of middle dot on ? U+0140 in Mono and Keyboard
* Adjust height of middle dot in ? U+013F in the Display family
* Un-slant ? U+2016 and ? U+2017 in Mono family
* Un-slant, center, and fix widths of dash related characters in
* Fri Oct 09 2020 Cor Blom <email@example.com>
- Update to 7.010:
* Build WOFF2 static font files suitable for use as self-hosted
webfonts (these are not packaged here)
* Add ??? [U+1D106] and ??? [U+1D107] MUSICAL SYMBOL REPEAT SIGN
* Add ??? [U+A789] MODIFIER LETTER COLON glyph
* Fix weight of period (and derivatives such as colon) in Serif
* Fix side bearings for +dlig ?tz?
* Fix vertical alignment of dots in colon to not shift between
* Fix kerning of ?f\? and substitute an alternate ?f? glyph used
* Cleanup encoding used in source files and build rules for easier
* Update font meta data fields, documentation for downloads, and
* Sun Aug 23 2020 Benedikt Fein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 7.000
* Adopt maintenance of project and update foundry, docs, URLs, etc. (alerque)
* Change version scheme to be OpenFV compatible with 3 digit minor version.
* Use Fontship to build all fonts and generate release packages.
* Filter out generated font artifacts from source repository.
* Sun Jun 28 2020 Cor Blom <email@example.com>
- Update to 6.12:
* Increase right side bearing of math italic R?s (#304).
* Add glyph variants for floor and ceiling, to make their sizing
consistent with other delimiters.
* Remove kerning and other glyph positioning features, combining
marks and other non-keycap glyphs from Libertinus Keyboard font.
* Fix size and shape of U+2639, U+263A and U+263B (frowning &
* Add ?smcp?/?c2sc? variants for letters with macron (#303).
* Make U+2223-2226 the same height as bar (#324).
* Drop ?sinf? feature, it just duplicates ?subs? feature.
* Improve sizing and spacing of math over accents.
* Building the fonts no longer use FontForge.
* Sun Mar 08 2020 Cor Blom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 6.11:
* Added turned capital F (U+2132) to Libertinus Serif Regular.
* Fix advance width for Serbian alternate U+0431 in Libertinus
* Unify Cyrillic small letter ef (U+0444) shape in Libertinus
Serif SemiBold fonts.
* Add U+1D35, U+1D51, U+1D4B, U+1DA4, U+1DB6, U+2132,
U+A71C-A71D, and U+A78A-A78C to Libertinus Serif fonts.
* Add U+2982 and U+2A3E to Libertinus Math.
* Various cleanups to Libertinus Mono font, removing erroneous
glyphs and unsuitable features.
* Improve the metrics of math italic v, w, and y.
* Work around a bug in old versions of FreeType when rendering
Linertinus Sans Italic m.
* Fix alignment of multiplication sign in Libertinus Serif and
Mono Regular fonts.
* Make sizing of vertical and double vertical bar consistent
with other math delimiters.
* Improve spacing above and below fraction rule.
* Various fixes to combining marks placement.
* Thu Jul 18 2019 Cor Blom <email@example.com>
- Update to 6.10:
* Improve math italic j and i spacing
* OpenType layout tables are now compiled with FontTools's feaLib
instead of FontForge's own OpenType layout support.
* Various internal cleanups.
* Drop "case", "frac", "tnum" and "pnum" features from the
Libertinus Mono font, they either were broken or not appropriate
for a monospace font.
* Mon Jun 03 2019 Cor Blom <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 6.9:
* Many mathematical operator in Libertinus Math were scaled up
and redesigned for better use in math mode.
* Libertinus Math now has fraktur alphabets (copied from STIX
Two Math font) and sans serif italic Greek (slanted from the
* Overline mark (U+0305) no longer make i and j dotless.
* Overline mark should be placed higher than glyph ascenders.
* Fonts are now autohinted with Adobe?s psautohint instead of
* Libertinus Keyboard had the German keys Bild misspelled as
Build in both glyph name and ligature string.
* Several changes to glyph names for consistency and accuracy.
* Several minor reorganization to the OpenType features.
- Update URL
- Run through spec-cleaner
* Sun Apr 07 2019 Cor Blom <email@example.com>
- Update to 6.8:
* Fix missing ?math? OpenType script from Libertinus Math.
* Add \QED symbol to Libertinus Math, also add Add ? (U+2987) and ? (U+2988).
* Fix misencoded glyphs in Libertinus Serif Semibold Italic.
* Make digits fitted in Libertinus Serif Initials font, and drop incomplete
Greek, Cyrillic and Hebrew support.
* Add U+AB52 and U+A793 to Libertinus Serif Regular.
- Update to 6.7
* Add Cyrillic to Libertinus Serif Bold Italic.
* Many character additions to Libertinus Math.
* Set ?is extended shape? flag to relevant Libertinus Math glyphs to fix script
position on large symbols in Microsoft Word.
* Improve \coloneq and \eqcolon by increasing the space between the colon and
the equal sign.
* Make upright \partial and \mbfpartial look upright, and make \mbfpartial
* Make the vertical bars in Libertinus Math match the height of the other
* Use smaller value for SubscriptBaselineDropMin, the subscripts applied to sub
formulas were positioned too low.
* Fix the side bearings for italic mathematical glyphs in Libertinus Math,
making them symmetrical (20 units) and rework kerning tables according to
text font kerning.
* Fix vertical variants of math symbols.
* Add more ligatures to Libertinus Serif, and add missing ligatures to other
Libertinus Serif fonts for parity with the regular style.
* Move Th ligature to Discretionary Ligatures (?dlig?).
* Discretionary Ligatures can also be enable using ZWJ control character.
* Drop ?fina? feature for Greek sigma, this feature is for Arabic-like scripts.
* Move short f substitutions to the more appropriate ?calt? feature instead of
* Drop ?nalt? feature as all glyphs it substitutes to are encoded Unicode
haracters that can be accessed directly.
* Rename font files to match the PostScript name of each font.
* Make Libertinus Serif Semibold work on legacy applications that support only
4 styles per family.
* Fix disordered BlueValues causing warnings with Ghostscript.
* Make the PUA symbols that were in Libertinus Keyboard accessed as ligatures.
* Align the bottom of the colon with the period.
* Kern alternate W glyph similar to regular one.
* Harmonize the design of italic figures.
* Extend caps lining figures to (almost) all Serif faces and both proportional
and tabular spacing.
* Fix Libertinus Serif Italic ?, it looked like an ?.
* Make few marks that combine two glyphs higher, so that they don?t bump into
* Lower Libertinus Mono asterisk and make it bigger.
* Make combining low line and over line contiguous.
* Make OpenType features more consistent across fonts.
- Update Url.
* Mon Apr 30 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 6.6:
* Align MATH AxisHeight with minus and similar operators.
* Align single and double arrows to minus and equal signs.
* Fix Celsius, Fahrenheit and Ohm signs to take the style of their fonts.
* Fix Ohm sign side bearings.
* Fix Service Mark and Trade Mark in sans fonts to take their style.
* Unify the default for of Eng glyph across fonts, and add and alternate shape
for Sami language.
* Fix Cyrillic small letter ef in display font to match the regular serif font.
* Dropped some more unused PUA slots.
* The copyleft symbol now used the proposed Unicode 11 code point.
* Mon Mar 26 2018 email@example.com
- Update to 6.5:
A number of small improvements and bugfixes. for details see
* Fri May 19 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 6.4:
* Fix broken extensibles of the left square bracket in the math font
* Mon May 15 2017 email@example.com
- Update to release 6.3:
* Add U+231C-231Fi and U+2A7D-2A7E to the math font.
* Add script math alphabet based on that of XITS Math font.
* Add monospaced math alphabet based on that of cmtt10 font with modified
METAFONT parameters to better fit with Libertinus glyphs.
* Improve math top accent positions.
* Fix spacing of math italic i and j.
* Increase the gap between \sum and its limits.
* Improved math braces and brackets based on STIX Two Math font.
* Disable optical variants of math alphanumerics that were based on the text
sup/superscript glyphs as they don?t look good besides being incomplete and
* Remove duplicate glyphs that caused broken GPOS generation.
* Drop optical bounds (?opbd?, ?rtbd? and ?lfbd?) features as they were
incomplete and virtually unsupported.
* Fix text mark placement below O and o.
* Fix oldstyle numbers feature in Libertinus Serif Semibold that had wrong
glyph mapping for 6, 7, 8 and 9.
* Use swash Q when followed by v.
* Various consistency fixes to font names and vertical metrics.
* Fix placement of the half ring in U+1E9A.
* Fix several Libertinus Serif Bold italic alternate glyphs that were not bold.
* Fix Libertinus Serif Italic U+2098-2099 (subscript m and n) that looked like
superscript circled + and -.
* Sat Apr 29 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to latest git
* Sat Sep 03 2016 email@example.com
- Initial package