DNSMeter is a tool for testing performance of nameserver and/or
infrastructure around it.
It generates dns queries and sends them via UDP to a target nameserver
and counts the answers.
- payload can be given as text file or pcap file
- can automatically run different load steps, which can be given as
list or ranges
- results per load step can be stored in CSV file
- sender address can be spoofed from a given network or from pcap file,
if payload is a pcap file
- answers are counted, even if source address is spoofed, if answers get
routed back to the load generator
- roundtrip-times are measured (average, min, mix)
- amount of DNSSEC queries can be given as percentage of total traffic
- optimized for high amount of packets. On an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2430
v2 @ 2.50GHz it can generate more than 900.000 packets per second