Cantata is a graphical client for MPD, supporting the following features:
- Multiple MPD collections.
- Customisable layout.
- Songs grouped by album in play queue.
- Context view to show artist, album, and song information of
- Tag editor.
- File organizer - use tags to organize files and folders.
- Ability to calculate ReplyGain tags
- Dynamic playlists.
- Online services; Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts.
- Radio stream support - with the ability to search for streams via
TuneIn, ShoutCast, or Dirble.
- USB-Mass-Storage and MTP device support
- Audio CD ripping and playback
- Playback of non-MPD songs - via simple in-built HTTP server if
connected to MPD via a standard socket, otherwise filepath is sent
- MPRISv2 DBUS interface.
- Basic support for touch-style interface (views are made
- Ratings support.
Cantata started off as a fork of QtMPC, however, the code (and user
interface) is now very different to that of QtMPC. For more detailed
information, please refer to the main README.