* Sat May 02 2015 email@example.com
- update to version 7.0:
* General Improvements:
Various fix including security fix, thanks to
+ Coverity scan (Static Analysis of source code)
+ afl-fuzz (security-oriented fuzzer)
+ Denis Andzakovic from Security Assessment for reporting an
exploitable Stack Buffer Overflow
- exFAT: better support
- ext4: handle 64 bit blocks or 64 KiB blocksize
Fix detection and file listing
+ Bug fixes:
- Avoid erroneous error when writing 512 bytes on hard disk
using 4k sector
- FAT, NTFS: avoid NULL pointer dereference if localtime()
* PhotoRec & QPhotoRec
QPhotoRec is a Graphical User Interface (Qt based GUI) version
of PhotoRec. More user friendly, it recognizes the same file
- Reduced false positives for more than 80 file formats.
- .gif: fix filesize detection
- .flv: add Flash filesize detection
- .mpg: detect filesize for MPEG
- .ra: detect filesize for RealAudio3
- Improved algorithm to deal with data fragmentation
resulting in a general speed increased
- Speedup brute-force mode. Brute-force mode can recover more
fragmented files, but it's still slow and not 100% reliable
+ New file formats recovered by PhotoRec:
- .3dm: Rhino / openNURBS
- .ari: ARRI Raw Video
- .camrec: Camtasia Studio
- .dad: Micae DVR
- .dcm: Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM)
- .fp12: File Maker Pro 12
- .kra: Krita
- .mlv: Magic Lantern Video
- .notebook: SMART notebook
- .ora: Mypaint
- .red: RED2 video format
- .rlv: Revelation password
- .vbm: Veeam Backup Metadata
- .woff: Web Open Font Format
- drop testdisk_614_fix_ext2_check.patch: fixed upstream
- fix documentation path in %install
- add new subpackage for qphotorec:
* add build dependencies hicolor-icon-theme, libqt4-devel
* run suse_update_desktop_file on qphotorec
- add translated (zh_CN) manpages to each package
* Tue May 27 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 6.14:
* The log file generated by the Windows version (cygwin) reports bad sectors
in a more readable fashion, example <code>ReadFile Data error (cyclic
* As openssl isn't used, don't link with this cryptographic library (Debian
tries to avoid mixing GPL code and openssl)
* <code>testdisk /list</code> now displays the disk model, serial number,
firmware version and hpa or dco presence if detected
* Recover WBFS (Wii Backup File System) partition
* Make FAT RebuildBS works when there is a single FAT table
* Interface: Display the partition table type if autodetected
* Interface: modified warning about mismatching geometry between FAT or NTFS
boot sector and HD geometry information
([http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=651756 Debian #651756])
* Interface: Remove "Allow partial last cylinder" option
* Fix crc in EFI backup GPT
* Rewrote how TestDisk aligns partition on cylinder or 1MB boundary. It
avoids to create partition entry where the partition ends after the end of
* Improve Olympus .orf recovery
* Improve WP Mac/WP5/WP6 Corel Documents .wpd files recovery
* Fix thumbs.db recovery, avoid some false positive with .doc
* Interface: if less than 10 file families are enabled, display the results
even if zero has been found yet
New file formats:
* .aep After Effects
* .axx AxCrypt
* .dp Designer, a Photobook Designer Software
* .lzh archive
* .mmap MindManager
* .plt Gerber Graphix Advantage
* .prproj Adobe Premiere project
* .psb Adobe Photoshop Image
* .pts PTGui, panoramic stitching software
* .qcp The QCP File Format and Media Types for Speech Data (RFC3625)
* .shn Shorten audio file
* .snt Windows Sticky Notes
* .ttd TinyTag Data
* .wallet Armory bitcoin wallet
* .wim Windows imaging (WIM) image
* Fix an endless loop during .caf file recovery
* Fix tiff recovery including some raw file formats, 64-bit version wasn't
- Renamed the package from photorec to testdisk (as the original package name).
- Added photorec as a subpackage.
- Added a patch (testdisk_614_fix_ext2_check.patch) to fix ext2 check.
- Added libewf-devel as build requirement.
- Removed libopenssl-devel build requirement (not needed anymore).
* Tue May 27 2014 email@example.com
- testdisk-file-contains-date-and-time.patch avoid endless
republish by removing timestamps from the resulting binaries.
* Fri Dec 27 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- license update: GPL-2.0
src/ufs.h and src/xfs.h are GPL-2.0 (only) licensed
* Wed Jun 20 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.13:
- Fix UAC manifests for Windows, so users don't need to use right-click "Run As Administrator"
- TestDisk & PhotoRec are now compatible with both libewf and libewf2, the new version of a library to support the Expert Witness Compression Format (EWF).
- Fix image creation, image.dd file wasn't created (Regression introduced in 6.12)
- Detect Vmware VMFS partition
- Locate lost GFS2 partition but not yet the size
- Log HDD serial number and firmware revision
- List NTFS Alternate Data Streams (ADS)
- Session recovery restarts at the previous location
- Better MPEG recovery, there should be less concatenated videos.
- Better JPG recovery, there should be less cases where thumbnails were recovered instead of the picture itself.
- Handle large avi files using "AVIX" or mov files using 64-bit chunk size.
- Rename recovered pdf using the title (not perfect)
- Major cleanup of PhotoRec core code
New file formats:
- .caf Core Audio Format
- .dardar3 archive
- .ddf Didson Data File (v3 and v4)
- .gcs GCstart (personal collections manager)
- .gam Games Factory
- .hdf Hierarchical Data Format 4
- .hdr ENVI
- .max 3ds
- .oci OpenCanvas Image .oci
- .par2 archive
- .psmodel Delcam PowerSHAPE
- .save Assassin's Creed II backup
- .sh3d Sweet Home 3D
- .TiVo video record
- .vmg Nokia Text Message
- .wpb OpenCanvas files
* Fri Aug 12 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 6.12:
* Support for exFAT has been enhanced.
* More than 60 new file formats have been added to PhotoRec.
* PhotoRec now generates Digital Forensics XML reports.
* support for ntfs-3g
* binaries moved to /usr/bin
More details in http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_6.12_Release
* Thu Apr 15 2010 email@example.com
- Updated to version 6.11
- TestDisk & PhotoRec 6.11 should use less CPU.
- testdisk: This new TestDisk version can undelete files for NTFS
filesystem and recover deleted exFAT and ext4.
- photorec: Performance improvement when scanning for numerous
- Fix several bugs including an endless loop, several memory leaks
and several out-of-bound memory access
- lots of new file formats are supported
See also http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_6.11_Release
* Fri Feb 29 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 6.9:
TestDisk & PhotoRec 6.9 comes with numerous improvements:
- They are compatible with ntfsprogs 2.0, the latest library version for
accessing NTFS partitions, e2fsprogs 1.40.6, the latest library for accessing
- EFI GUID Partition Table is now supported. EFI GPT is mainly used on Itanium,
MacBook and Mac Pro.
- Both utilities can use sudo if the user is not root, this functionnality will
be enabled for at least MacOSX, so users won't have to go into a command line.
- Improved Windows disk support, most internal USB card reader should now work.
- Disk model (ie. ATA ST3120026AS, _NEC DVD_RW ND-4550A...) are now reported
- update to version 6.8:
Version 6.8 is mainly a bugfix but some small improvements has been made to
both TestDisk and PhotoRec:
- Partition type is now autodetected.
- TestDisk and PhotoRec can now be used under screen, the screen manager with
VT100/ANSI terminal emulation.
* Fri Aug 03 2007 email@example.com
- New package:
- testdisk: recovers deleted partitions
- photorec: recovers lost files (images, videos, etc.)
* Sat Jul 27 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- remove testdisk-file-contains-date-and-time.patch as
RECORD_COMPILATION_DATE is undef by default.
- use "%license COPYING" instead of "%doc" in RPM spec.
* Wed Jul 17 2019 email@example.com
- update to 7.1 stable version
* PhotoRec & QPhotoRec improvements
- Recover more fragmented files.
* Sun Apr 28 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 7.1-beta:
+ Ask confirmation when user quits the list of partitions found by TestDisk
+ Various bug fixes for scripted run
* PhotoRec & QPhotoRec
- Log the correct filenames in photorec.log file
- Reduced false positives for tar
- Fix recovery of mobius camera videos.
- Fix recovery of progressive jpeg
- Extract the filesize from sqlite header when available
+ New file formats recovered by PhotoRec:
- .aes: Synology AES key files
- .axp: Pinnacle Studio
- .bdm: AVHCD index
- .cpi: AVCHD Clip Information
- .DS_Store: Apple Desktop Services Store
- .dvr: RT60
- .gi: Roxio Creator
- .gpx: Guitar Pro 6
- .gp4: Guitar Pro 4
- .iam/.ipt Autodesk Inventor part
- .icns: Apple Icon Image
- .jsonlz4: Mozilla bookmarks
- .lyx LyX 2.X
- .mpl: AVHCD playlist
- .tg Tux Guitar 1.2
- .vdj: VirtualDJ
- .wee: weecast
- .xar: XAR Archive
- switch from Qt4 to Qt5 for QPhotoRec.