* Wed Sep 29 2021 ecsos <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.3
- Server bookmarks
- Introduce render resolution scaling for the modern renderer.
For users with limited GPU power, this allows to get significant performance (FPS) gains
at the cost of image quality.
It can also allow additional graphics effects at the same performance.
This is especially useful for users with high-resolution and high-DPI screens.
The scaling only affects the 3D scene, the UI remains crisp at full-resolution.
- Simplification through removal of unused deprecated graphical effects
- Many updates to texture-related code
- Auto-compute Level of Detail distances for 3D models set to use LOD depending on track complexity.
The geometry level parameter allows partial control over the drawing distances.
- Improved screen space reflection
- Switch port
- Gamepad force feedback support
- Highscore screen
- Grand Prix highscores
- Updates to the bundled tinygettext library
- Enable custom skidding sounds for karts
- Greatly sped up loading of tracks with many checklines through optimization
- And many bugfixes and enhancements too small or specific to be detailed
* User Interface
- Display the skin-appropriate iconset without having to restart
- Fix some issues with the options menu when used during a pause
- Add a confirmation dialog before closing the game through the "go back" key/button
- In the result screen, display the race position with a number with 10 karts or more
- In the result screen, display the challenge result and the requirements met or failed
- Many small menu and dialogs improvements
- Usability and functionality improvements to the debug menu
- Clickable URLs in text
* In-race UI
Add visual and sound feedback when a timed challenge or timed game is about to end
* Tracks and modeling
- Alien Signal
- Ancient Colosseum Labyrinth
- Improved Las Dunas Soccer
- Add lap line extensions to Hacienda, Old Mine, Ravenbridge Mansion and Shifting Sands
- New Pepper kart
- Improved Adiumy, Emule, GNU and Sara karts
- Drop supertuxkart-sdl.patch because now in upstream.
* Mon Mar 15 2021 Carsten Ziepke <email@example.com>
- Add supertuxkart-sdl.patch to fix building on SDL2 >= 2.0.14
* Sat Aug 29 2020 Matthias Mailänder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.2
+ Much better gamepad support
+ New settings to customize the game's camera
+ A new "Cartoon" theme
+ An improved online rating system. Online rankings have been reset to go along with it.
+ The game's window can now be resized in-game without going in the options
+ The minimap now shows basketballs
+ Any addon kart can now be used online even if other players don't have it.
+ Three improved karts: a new Kiki kart and improved Pidgin and Puffy karts
+ Add support for IPv6 LAN servers
+ Improved server creation speed and performance
+ In-game creation of a racing server is now possible on iOS devices
+ An improved tutorial with free-flow racing
+ Support for SVG icons
+ New tips for soccer mode
+ Team chat for team games
* Thu Jan 23 2020 Guillaume GARDET <email@example.com>
- Enable build on non-x86 architectures
- Add _constraints to avoid build failures
* Sun Jan 05 2020 Andrey Karepin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.1:
+ Improved online multiplayer play
+ Fix network lags in various scenarios when playing online
+ Add AI support to local networking servers
+ UI enhancements
+ A new arena: Pumpkin Park
+ Mobile enhancements and iOS support (The iOS version can be tested
through testflight : https://testflight.apple.com/join/mbK8RjHq )
+ Complex text layout and emoji support
+ Story mode timer for speedrunners
+ Generic polish and minor improvements
See full changes in CHANGELOG.md.
- added CMake option OpenGL_GL_PREFERENCE=GLVND
- use system provided libmcpp
- use system provided libraqm
* Sun Apr 28 2019 Andrey Karepin <email@example.com>
- Update to version 1.0:
+ Networking support for normal race, time trial, free for all,
capture the flag and soccer.
+ Spectating option for players having entered a server while a
race or game is underway.
+ New game mode Capture the Flag.
+ New game mode Free for All.
+ Improved powerup and nitro handling in AI.
+ Race UI improvements (new speedometer, nitro gauge, bigger
minimap, minimap display options, more legible text with
outlines and for some bigger font).
- Add wiiuse-devel BuildReqires.
- Drop supertuxkart-mesa-18.3.patch: merged upstream.
* Mon May 07 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disable post/postun scriptlets on suse_version >= 1500: the
functionality of desktop_database_post/postun and
icon_theme_cache has been migrated to file triggers.
* Tue Nov 21 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.9.3 (final):
+ Only minor bug fixes over 0.9.3-rc1.
* Mon Oct 30 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.9.3-rc1:
+ Reduced RAM and VRAM usage, reducing load times.
+ New mesh format optimized for space and hardware skinning.
+ Code refactoring of both render pipeline.
+ New kart Wilber and Hexley.
+ New kart Kiki and updated Konqi.
+ New tracks Candela City, Cornfield Crossing and Las Dunas
+ Physics improvements and various physics bugfixes.
+ Kart GFX improvements (exhaust and headlight).
+ In-game screen recording powered by libopenglrecorder.
+ High quality mipmap generation.
+ New smoother camera.
+ New grand prix win scene.
+ Gamepad configuration bugfixes.
+ 3 Strikes Battles : added spare tire karts.
+ Various improvements (wall driving fixes, parachutes, GP
points, cannon fixes, colorization shader).
* Sat Jul 02 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.9.2 release (no changes since rc2).
- Updated BuildRequires to use pkgconfig().
- Cmake clean-up.
- Enabled verbose make output.
- Don't modify system's C*FLAGS.
- Set Release With Debug Info cmake build type.
- Resolved warnings:
* version-control-internal-file: .gitignore;
* hidden-file-or-dir: .gitattributes;
* non-executable-script: run_me.sh update_po_authors.py
- Added desktop_database_post(un).
- Added man page.
* Thu Jun 16 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.9.2-rc2:
+ Ghost replay races.
+ Battle mode AI.
+ Soccer mode AI.
+ New icy soccer field.
+ New subsea track.
+ New volcano track.
+ TTF font rendering.
+ Kart properties refactor.
+ Scripting work under the hood.
+ Work on the track editor.
+ Tweak to challenges.
+ New farm track song.
* Wed Oct 21 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.9.1:
+ Many bug fixes.
+ Started to use scripting in tracks.
+ Significant audio performance improvements.
+ Smaller tweaks and improvements to several tracks including:
- Math class
- Fort Magma
- Gran Paradiso
+ Tweak to challenges.
+ Better support for driving tracks in reverse.
* Fri Aug 14 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set ExclusiveArch to x86 architectures to avoid build failures
on others. Have x86 assembly pieces in it.
* Wed Apr 22 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.9:
+ An immense amount of work went into the big release. Most
- A new rendering engine. It is still based on irrlich, but now
uses a modern OpenGL shader based backend.
- This release contains two completely new designed
- Drop supertuxkart.appdata.xml: it's now shipped by upstream.
- Drop upstream resolved patches:
* Mon Mar 23 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add supertuxkart-cmake-3.2.patch: Fix build against cmake 3.2.
* Sat Sep 27 2014 email@example.com
+ Please see: https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/commit/244d00280c1b082ca164f92337773e9e4e1a3898 Allows for building against Mesa >10.0
+ Fixes implicit definition warning from rpmlint
- Added CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to clear warnings about not using RPM_OPT_FLAGS, and gcc compatibility, using -fno-strict-aliasing going forward
* Sat Mar 08 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add supertuxkart.appdata.xml (from upstream git) as source. This
will allow STK to show up in gnome-software.
* Sun Jan 05 2014 email@example.com
- Use Mesa provided glext.h and glxext.h When building against
Mesa 10.0. The needed fixes (and more) are part of Mesa by now.
* Tue Nov 26 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.8.1:
+ New track 'STK Enterprise'.
+ Updated tracks 'Old Mine', 'Around the Lighthouse' and 'Zen
+ New modes 'Soccer' and 'Egg Hunt'.
+ New karts 'Xue' and 'Sara'.
+ Updated 'Beastie' kart.
+ Wiimote support.
+ Added tutorial.
+ Added new 'SuperTux' difficulty.
+ New bubblegum shield defensive weapon.
+ New combined speedometer and nitro meter.
+ Added ability to filter add-ons.
+ Updated nitro models.
+ Added ability to save and resume Grand Prix.
+ Improved skid marks and particle effects.
- Drop supertuxkart-desktop.patch: fixed upstream.
- Add bluez-devel BuildRequires: new dependency.
* Wed Feb 20 2013 email@example.com
- License update: GPL-2.0+ and GPL-3.0+ and CC-BY-SA-3.0
Based on audit of 0.8.
* Fri Jan 04 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Correct supertuxkart-desktop.patch: the fix did not really work
* Wed Dec 26 2012 email@example.com
- openal-devel is now called openal-soft-devel.
* Sat Dec 15 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add supertuxkart-desktop.patch: Fix path to supertuxkart in
.desktop file (bnc#794681).
* Tue Dec 11 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.8:
+ Story mode and new challenge set.
+ Improved AI.
+ Skidding and better collision physics.
+ Reverse mode.
+ New green valley track.
+ New Blackhill Mansion track.
+ Updated XR591 track.
+ Updated Fort Magma track.
+ Updated Jungle track.
+ Updated Sand track.
+ New music.
+ Updated menus.
- Drop automake buildrequires: no need to bootstrap;
- Drop Irrlicht-devel BuildRequires: we must build with the
internal, statically linked Irrlicht, or we will see graphic
- Drop supertuxkart-pthread.patch: fixed upstream.
- Add cmake BuildRequires: build system was ported to cmake.
- Add fribidi-devel BuildRequires: needed for RTL texts.
- Add pkgconfig(gl) BuildRequires: new dependency (for Irrlicht).
* Tue May 01 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corrected links is now hosted on sourceforge
- Added missing BuildRequires automake
* Mon Nov 14 2011 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.7.3:
+ New Minigolf track
+ New Zen Garden track
+ New Subsea track
+ New Island battle arena
+ New Suzanne kart
+ New graphical effects
+ New weapons 'Swatter' and 'Rubber Ball'
+ Added Thunderbird as race referee
+ 3 Strikes Battles now displays lives as spare tires
+ Improved bubble gum
+ See progression during Grand Prix
+ Improve physics for tall karts (e.g. Adiumy)
+ Lots of bug fixes
+ Improved kart control at high speeds
+ Better placement of rescued karts
+ Transition track-making to blender 2.5/2.6
- Hack in the .spec to drop files that get unintentionally
installed (reported to upstream).
- Add: supertuxkart-pthread.patch: Link against pthread when.