QDirStat is a graphical application to show where your disk space has gone and
to help you to clean it up.
This is a Qt-only port of the old Qt3/KDE3-based KDirStat, now based on the
latest Qt 5. It does not need any KDE libs or infrastructure. It runs on every
X11-based desktop on Linux, BSD and other Unix-like systems.
QDirStat has a number of new features compared to KDirStat. To name a few:
- Multi-selection in both the tree and the treemap.
- Unlimited number of user-defined cleanup actions.
- Properly show errors of cleanup actions (and their output, if desired).
- File categories (MIME types) and their treemap color are now configurable.
- Exclude rules for directories are easily configurable.
- Desktop-agnostic; no longer relies on KDE or any other specific desktop.
For more details and screenshots, see
and the local documentation in