pytest-django allows testing Django projects/applications with the
pytest testing tool.
Running the test suite with pytest-django allows tapping into the features
that are already present in pytest:
- Manage test dependencies with pytest fixtures.
- Less boilerplate tests: no need to import unittest and creating a
subclass with methods. Tests can be written as regular functions.
- Database re-use: no need to re-create the test database for every test run.
- Run tests in multiple processes for increased speed (with the pytest-xdist plugin).
- Make use of other pytest plugins.
- Works with both worlds: Existing unittest-style TestCase's still work without any modifications.