- update to 2.4.0: * add missed parens to LockingQueue function call. * revert PR #305 SetWatches which caused RuntimeError * pep8 all the things * drop Python 2.6/3.3 official support, add 3.5/3.6 testing * allow multiple endpoints in KazooClient hosts arg * use epoll when available to support fds > 1023 * Add TreeCache recipe * update MANIFEST.in to reflect changes to filenames * add travis deployment and update ZK versions * allow having observers and different sized clusters * fully resolve multiple records for hosts in the zookeeper connection string * Fix the recipe examples, so they actually work by connecting to ZooKeeper. Without start() they just hang and can't be killed.
- update to 2.2.1: * Issue #234: Add support for reconfig cluster membership operation * Start running tests against Zookeeper 3.5.0 alpha and explicitly configure the `admin.serverPort` in tests to avoid port conflicts. The Zookeeper alpha version is not yet officially supported. * Integrate eventlet *handler* support into kazoo so that along with [gevent, threading] handlers there can now be a dedicated eventlet handler for projects that need to (or want to) use eventlet (such as those working in the openstack community). The ``requirements_eventlet.txt`` file lists the optional eventlet requirement(s) that needs to be satisfied when this new handler is used. * Use ``six`` to nicely handle the cross compatibility of kazoo with python 2.x and 3.x (reducing/removing the need to have custom compatibility code that replicates what six already provides). * Add ``state_change_event`` to ``kazoo.recipe.partitioner.SetPartitioner`` which is set on every state change. * Add a NonBlockingLease recipe. The recipe allows e.g. cron jobs scheduled on multiple machines to ensure that at most N instances will run a particular job, with lease timeout for graceful handover in case of node failures.
- update to version 2.0 * Extend support to Python 3.4, deprecating Python 3.2. * Issue #198: Mention Zake as a sophisticated kazoo mock testing library. * Issue #181: Add documentation on basic logging setup. * Null or None data is no longer treated as "". Pull req #165, patch by Raul Gutierrez S. This will affect how you should treat null data in a znode vs. an empty string. * Passing acl= to create() now works properly instead of an InvalidACLError as it returned before. Patch by Raul Gutierrez S in PR #164. * Removed the dependency on zope.interface. The classes in the interfaces module are left for documentation purposes only (issue #131). * Logging levels have been reduced. + Logging previously at the ``logging.DEBUG`` level is now logged at the ``kazoo.loggingsupport.BLATHER`` level (5). + Some low-level logging previously at the ``logging.INFO`` level is now logged at the ``logging.DEBUG`` level. * Issue #133: Introduce a new environment variable `ZOOKEEPER_PORT_OFFSET` for the testing support, to run the testing cluster on a different range. * When authenticating via add_auth() the auth data will be saved to ensure that the authentication happens on reconnect (as is the case when feeding auth data via KazooClient's constructor). PR #172, patch by Raul Gutierrez S. * Change gevent import to remove deprecation warning when newer gevent is used. PR #191, patch by Hiroaki Kawai. * Lock recipe was failing to use the client's sleep_func causing issues with gevent. Issue #150. * Calling a DataWatch or ChildrenWatch instance twice (decorator) now throws an exception as only a single function can be associated with a single watcher. Issue #154. * Another fix for atexit handling so that when disposing of connections the atexit handler is removed. PR #190, patch by Devaev Maxim. * Fix atexit handling for kazoo threading handler, PR #183. Patch by Brian Wickman. * Partitioner should handle a suspended connection properly and restore an allocated state if it was allocated previously. Patch by Manish Tomar. * Issue #167: Closing a client that was never started throws a type error. Patch by Joshua Harlow. * Passing dictionaries to KazooClient.__init__() wasn't actually working properly. Patch by Ryan Uber. * Issue #119: Handler timeout takes the max of the random interval or the read timeout to ensure a negative number isn't used for the read timeout. * Fix ordering of exception catches in lock.acquire as it was capturing a parent exception before the child. Patch by ReneSac. * Fix issue with client.stop() not always setting the client state to KeeperState.CLOSED. Patch by Jyrki Pulliainen in PR #174. * Issue #169: Fixed pipes leaking into child processes. * Add section on contributing recipes, add maintainer/status information for existing recipes. * Add note about alternate use of DataWatch. - Remove Require python-zope.interfaces
- Initial version
- update to 2.7.0: * *core:** * run SASL Kerberos tests as part of build * Add create2 support * closed states instead of lost states (#573) * *recipe:** add support for curator SharedCount recipe (#559) * *core:** * allow requests to be queued in CONNECTING state (#374) (#588) * when connection fails, close the ConnectionHandler (#577) (#579) * *tests:** * Disable JAAS isInitiator for Server * deactivate TCP port that was enabled by default. * capitalize the default_domain value * prefix with toxinidir variable with a / to ensure path to ensure-zookeeper-env.sh is correct * specify -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 when starting the ZK JVM
- version update to 2.5.1 * *client:** add missing paren (#550) * *core:** support deprecated KazooRetry argument (#545) * *core:** reduce timeout for the first Connect() request (#540) * *handlers:** make AsyncResult call all registered callbacks instantly if the handler has stopped running (#549) * *recipe:** No more memory leak when ChildrenWatch was stopped (#543) * *recipe:** No more memory leak once TreeCache was closed (#524)
- Update to 2.5.0: * Various fixes for gevent and python 3.7 - Fix homepage
- downgrade pure-sasl dependency to suggests, as it requires kerberos which conflicts with pykerberos (needed by requests) and the code handles this as optional dependency
- add dependency on pure-sasl, move python 2.x deps inside a conditional