- Update to Version 4.9.0 + Features * Add an option to allow the ``InternalIPKernel`` to initialise its kernel at kernel creation time. At some point in the future, this will become the default behaviour. + Fixes * Replace a use of the deprecated ``adapts`` function with ``register_factory``. * In the ``IPKernelApp``, correctly restore the original state of ``IPython.utils.io.std*`` streams even if those streams didn't exist originally. * Remove duplicate copyright header from autogenerated version file. + Tests * Remove a ``print`` call from a unit test. * Add unit tests for the ``envisage.ui.single_project`` adapters. * Add unit tests to check that ``InternalIPKernel`` doesn't affect ``sys.path``. * Fix the test suite not to write to the user's ``~/.ipython`` directory. * Fix the test suite not to write to the user's ``~/.enthought`` directory. * Remove an unused import and a useless ``tearDown`` method in the ``IPythonKernel`` tests. * Fix ``DeprecationWarning``s from uses of long-deprecated ``TestCase`` methods. * Add test eggs for Python 3.8. + Build * Rename changelog extension from ``.txt`` to ``.rst``. * Update EDM version used in Travis CI and Appveyor. * Add ``mock`` to test dependencies on Python 2. * Fix status badges in ``README``. - Update to Version 4.8.0 + Features * Improved ``repr`` for ``ExtensionPoint`` objects. + Changes * Drop support for Python versions older than 2.7 and Python 3 versions older than Python 3.5. * The ``IPythonKernelPlugin`` now releases all allocated resources (threads, file descriptors, etc.) and undoes global state changes at plugin ``stop`` time. * Suppress the Ctrl-C message printed by the IPython kernel at start time. * Add license headers to all files, and make license header statements consistent. + Fixes * Use a fixed pickle protocol when saving task layout state, to avoid cross-Python-version difficulties. * Fix deprecation warnings from use of ``Logger.warn``. * Fix some Python 3 syntax errors in example scripts. + Removals * Remove the unsupported and incomplete ``UpdateCheckerPlugin``. * Remove the ``plugin.debug`` empty submodule. * Remove the old ``IPythonShell`` plugin, which was based on pre-IPython 1.0. * Remove the non-functional ``RefreshCodePlugin``. * Remove ``project_runnable``, which was never functional. * Remove outdated debugging fallback from the ``ExtensionPoint`` source. * Remove ``FBIPlugin``. * Remove the ``remote_editor`` plugins. + Documentation * Add docstrings for tasks plugin extension points. * Fix incorrect documentation for ``always_use_default_layout``. * Spell "Pyface" correctly. * NumPyDoc style fixes. * Add API documentation, with corresponding build infrastructure. * Fix invalid syntax in Tetris example. * Use the Enthought Sphinx Theme for documentation. + Tests * Remove dependency on the ``nose`` package, and rename test modules. All tests can now be discovered and run using ``unittest``. + Build * Revise version-handling mechanisms and other minor details in ``setup.py`` script. * Remove unused and outdated ``tox.ini`` file. * Update ``etstool.py`` to work with a non-EDM bootstrap environment on Windows. * Test against other ETS packages from source, using Travis CI cron jobs. * Fix deprecated pieces in Travis CI configuration. * Update EDM version used, and clean up and simplify Travis CI and Appveyor configurations. * Usability improvements to ``etstool.py``.
- Update to version 4.7.2 * no changelog
- Update to version 4.7.0 * Add failing test and fix for old-style relative import. (#109) * Old-style relative import ipython_kernel plugin (#108) * Fix attractors example (#103) * Use --gui rather than --matplotlib when starting IPython kernel. (#101) * InternalIPKernel.shutdown method doesn't stop the kernel's IOPubThread (#93) * Fix task layout serialization under Python3
- Do not assume any specific user in the description.
- Add license files
- Implement single-spec version - Update to version 4.6.0 * no changelog
- Update to Version 4.5.1 + Enhancements * Add tox for testing package install (#67) + Fixes * Include missing test files in the package data (#67) * Include missing test cases for Python 3.4 (#67) - Update to Version 4.5.0 + New features * IPythonKernelPlugin for Tasks: run an IPython kernel within the envisage app and expose it as a service (#54). * Envisage now supports Python 3.4 (#61). + Enhancements * Allow loading plugins from an egg basket even when some eggs are invalid (#40, #46). * Add a simple ``GUIApplication`` to bootstrap basic plugin-driven applications (#34). * Split the IPython kernel and IPython menu action into two separate plugins for flexibility (#57). + Fixes * Use new Traits interfaces and adaptation implementation (#37). * Envisage now configures the logger with a ``NullHandler`` to avoid spurios unconfigured logger warnings (#45). * Envisage no longer swallows exceptions in plugin startup (#50). * Various fixes to continuous integration configuration (#47, #60).
- Update to 4.4.0 * no changelog - Update source to pypi url.
- Require python-setuptools instead of distribute (upstreams merged)
- Added a note about being part of the Enthought Tool Suite (ETS).
- Update to 4.3.0 * no changelog
- Initial spec file