* Sun Aug 30 2020 Tina Müller <email@example.com>
- updated to 1.23
- Fixed a bug with the Makefile.PL that caused every call to "make" to
recompile the object file for the package's XS code. Reported by Kent
Fredric. GH #28.
* Mon Apr 27 2020 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- updated to 1.22
- This is a stable release with the same changes as 1.21. See the change logs
for 1.17 and 1.21 for details of what's new.
1.21 2020-04-04 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Add two class methods that provide introspection on the available limit
processing parameters, max_param_constant() and
limit_key_is_supported(). Based on a PR from Paul Wise. GH #24.
1.20 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Fix one last test that assumed a limit parameter was available. Reported by
Slaven Rezić. GH #22.
1.19 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Fix tests that still mistakenly assumed that all limit parameter constants
should be exported by File::LibMagic. Reported by Slaven Rezić. GH #22.
1.18 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Not all versions of libmagic support setting processing limits, and those
that do may not support all the limit parameters that the most recent
version supports. This release fixes compilation and runtime issues that
would occur with older libmagic versions that don't support the same options
as the version I have installed locally. Reported by Slaven Rezić. GH #22.
1.17 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Switched to using GitHub issues.
- Removed embedded copy of Config::AutoConf from distro. Instead this is now a
configure phase prereq. Implemented by Paul Wise. GH #19.
- Moved list of constants in libmagic that we care about to one
module. Implemented by Paul Wise. GH #20.
- Add support for setting libmagic processing limits. Implemented by Paul
Wise. GH #15.
- Check all libmagic function return values properly and croak on
failure. Implemented by Paul Wise. GH #21.
* Mon Oct 23 2017 email@example.com
- updated to 1.16
- Added a doc note on installing the required dependencies on Red Hat. RT
- Fix tests on macOS. Based on PR #7 from Tom Wyant.
* Wed May 31 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 1.15
- Fix the Makefile.PL so that we don't install the LibMagic.xs and typemap
files. Based on a patch from Petr Pisar. RT #107081.
- Fixed handling of extra include dirs passed to Makefile.PL via the -I
flag. This wasn't working properly in previous releases. Reported by Andy
Jack. GH #6.
- Fix failing tests with some versions of libmagic. PR #5 by E. Choroba.
- The constructor now accepts named params. In addition to a magic_file param,
it now accepts follow_symlinks and uncompress params. These do what you'd
expect, tell the object to follow symlinks and/or uncompress files when
getting info from them. The old single parameter constructor is still
supported, but is no longer documented.
- The old APIs are now called "discouraged" rather than "deprecated" in the
documentation. I have no plan to remove these APIs any time soon or to make
them warn, so "deprecated" was too strong a word.
- Changed a test to hopefully skip rather than fail on OpenBSD systems.
- The info_from_handle() method did not handle binary data correctly, which
could lead to incorrect results.
- The info_from_*() methods returned a full mime type with encoding in the
"mime_type" key rather than just the mime type alone.
- Allow File::LibMagic->new() to accept an array reference containing multiple
magic file paths.
* Fri Feb 20 2015 email@example.com
- updated to 1.10
* Added yet another OO API to File::LibMagic. This provides a simpler and more
future-proof API which can be expanded on later. The new methods are
info_from_string(), info_from_filename(), and info_from_handle(). The latter
method allows you to get info about an open filehandle. These new methods
return the description, MIME type, and character encoding in one call. This
addresses RT #54843 and partially addresses RT #99470.
* Switched from using Devel::CheckLib to Config::AutoConf with the hope that
the latter will work with more compilers. Requested by Jens Rehsack. RT
* Switched the primary git repo to github
* A File::LibMagic object would not close one of the handles it might have
opened, leading to leaks. Reported by Alexander Zaitsev. RT #93512.
* Mon Dec 02 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- link to removed, the package does not exist in Factory.
- Fixed source url for version 1.00
* Tue Sep 03 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.00, pulled from cpan
* Mon Feb 20 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- regenerate with cpanspec
- disable tests as they rely on specific version of libmagic's text
* Wed Dec 01 2010 email@example.com
- switch to perl_requires macro
* Fri Jul 02 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- spec mods
o added header
* Tue Jun 29 2010 email@example.com
- Sorry that 11.2 did not check the RPM-Group. fixed.
* Sat Jun 26 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- cleaned up spec-file, added example subdir
My tests show, that this is the best of all. File::MimeInfo::Magic comes second.
* Sat Jun 26 2010 email@example.com
- initial check in, 0.96
File::Type, File::MMagic, File::MMagic::XS, File::MimeInfo::Magic need some more competition