* Mon Oct 23 2017 email@example.com
- updated to 1.16
- Added a doc note on installing the required dependencies on Red Hat. RT
- Fix tests on macOS. Based on PR #7 from Tom Wyant.
* Wed May 31 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 1.15
- Fix the Makefile.PL so that we don't install the LibMagic.xs and typemap
files. Based on a patch from Petr Pisar. RT #107081.
- Fixed handling of extra include dirs passed to Makefile.PL via the -I
flag. This wasn't working properly in previous releases. Reported by Andy
Jack. GH #6.
- Fix failing tests with some versions of libmagic. PR #5 by E. Choroba.
- The constructor now accepts named params. In addition to a magic_file param,
it now accepts follow_symlinks and uncompress params. These do what you'd
expect, tell the object to follow symlinks and/or uncompress files when
getting info from them. The old single parameter constructor is still
supported, but is no longer documented.
- The old APIs are now called "discouraged" rather than "deprecated" in the
documentation. I have no plan to remove these APIs any time soon or to make
them warn, so "deprecated" was too strong a word.
- Changed a test to hopefully skip rather than fail on OpenBSD systems.
- The info_from_handle() method did not handle binary data correctly, which
could lead to incorrect results.
- The info_from_*() methods returned a full mime type with encoding in the
"mime_type" key rather than just the mime type alone.
- Allow File::LibMagic->new() to accept an array reference containing multiple
magic file paths.
* Fri Feb 20 2015 email@example.com
- updated to 1.10
* Added yet another OO API to File::LibMagic. This provides a simpler and more
future-proof API which can be expanded on later. The new methods are
info_from_string(), info_from_filename(), and info_from_handle(). The latter
method allows you to get info about an open filehandle. These new methods
return the description, MIME type, and character encoding in one call. This
addresses RT #54843 and partially addresses RT #99470.
* Switched from using Devel::CheckLib to Config::AutoConf with the hope that
the latter will work with more compilers. Requested by Jens Rehsack. RT
* Switched the primary git repo to github
* A File::LibMagic object would not close one of the handles it might have
opened, leading to leaks. Reported by Alexander Zaitsev. RT #93512.
* Mon Dec 02 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- link to removed, the package does not exist in Factory.
- Fixed source url for version 1.00
* Tue Sep 03 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.00, pulled from cpan
* Mon Feb 20 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- regenerate with cpanspec
- disable tests as they rely on specific version of libmagic's text
* Wed Dec 01 2010 email@example.com
- switch to perl_requires macro
* Fri Jul 02 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- spec mods
o added header
* Tue Jun 29 2010 email@example.com
- Sorry that 11.2 did not check the RPM-Group. fixed.
* Sat Jun 26 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- cleaned up spec-file, added example subdir
My tests show, that this is the best of all. File::MimeInfo::Magic comes second.
* Sat Jun 26 2010 email@example.com
- initial check in, 0.96
File::Type, File::MMagic, File::MMagic::XS, File::MimeInfo::Magic need some more competition