* Mon Aug 02 2021 Pedro Monreal <email@example.com>
- Update to 1.38:
* Fix compilation failure with some compilers, including AIX's
because _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED was defined with null value.
* Wed Jun 09 2021 Pedro Monreal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Build and link against ncurses version 5 to fix missing exported
* Sun Oct 18 2020 Dirk Stoecker <email@example.com>
- updated to 1.37
New in 1.37
Fix printw for wide characters.
Fix bug: wenclose() and mouse_trafo() treat an integer as a boolean. The
functional effect is they return true if they fail to do the window move (I
don't understand this - there's some kind of window move that is part of
every function). False is better.
* Wed Sep 12 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 1.36 (Released August 14, 2016)
Fix the GNU Hurd thing from 1.35 by including the hints file in the
New in 1.35 (Released July 11, 2016)
Added hints file for GNU Hurd ($OSNAME == 'gnu'). From Pino Toscano.
New in 1.34 (Released April 2, 2016)
Several bugs fixed in demo programs (which also function as the
documentation) for forms and menus and comments added explaining need to
keep Perl variables around to avoid invalid memory references.
New in 1.33 (Released October 3, 2015)
Package contains META files.
- Cleaned with spec-cleaner
* Fri Feb 06 2015 email@example.com
- updated to 1.32
Makefile.PL: if /usr/include/ncurses/ncurses.h exists, use Ncurses regardless
of what the $guess_cfg table says for the OS at hand. This fixes the former
hybrid approach which didn't work for a Solaris 11 system that has both
Ncurses and BSD curses.
Typographical error in documentation fixed.
New in 1.31 (Released April 26, 2014)
Fix compile failure with some Curses libraries, introduced in
1.29 - undefined KEY_CODE_YES.
Fix documentation: wide character functions exist back to Perl 5.6,
New in 1.30 (Released April 19, 2014)
Fix build failure: Use older substitutes if Perl is too old to have
the 'utf8_to_uvchr_buf' function they use; don't include the wide character
functions if Perl is even too old to have the substitutes. Broken in 1.29.
Fix "constant not provided by your vendor" message when you refer to a
function that does not exist in the Curses module.
Minor fixes to documentation of new wide character functions.
Fix warning about extra argument to c_setmevent .
Fix documentation for "not defined in your Curses library" errors.
(broken in 1.28).
Fix demo programs' recognition of "not defined in your Curses library"
errors (broken in 1.28).
New in 1.29 (Released April 6, 2014)
Add an alternate set of functions (getchar, ungetchar, getstring,
instring, addstring, insstring) providing a more Perl-like interface,
converting from and to Perl strings (instead of passing data to the C
library verbatim) and using wide character functions if available in the
underlying curses library.
Written by Edgar Fu201337, Mathematisches Institut der Uni Bonn,
* Fri Nov 18 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- use original tar.gz
* Tue Nov 30 2010 email@example.com
- switch to perl_requires macro
* Mon Nov 29 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- remove /var/adm/perl-modules
* Tue Oct 19 2010 email@example.com
- add perl as explicit buildrequire
* Tue Feb 09 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.28
* Disable Curses::Var::STORE. It doesn't work (doesn't even compile) with
newer Ncurses (due to updates to make Ncurses reentrant). One can
re-enable it by defining ALLOW_VARS_STORE in c-config.h.
* Improve "not provided by your vendor" message.
* Sun Jan 10 2010 email@example.com
- enable parallel build
* Mon Feb 23 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.27
* Extraneous .i and .s files in 1.26 removed. 'make clean' cleans
all .i and .s too.
* 'gen' directory is replaced by gen.tar file, so CPAN doesn't
index the stuff in there. That directory is stuff for developing
the Curses package, not stuff for users.
* newterm() is available and putwin() and getwin() work in newer
Perl (with PerlIO). We now use PerlIO_findFile().
* Wed Sep 10 2008 email@example.com
- update to 1.24
* Export KEY_RESIZE, KEY_EVENT.
* For Netbsd, allow both Netbsd and BSD guesses via CURSES_LIBTYPE,
and default to Ncurses.
* Add guess capability for Dragonfly.
* Mon Mar 10 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.23
* Fix crash of Makefile.PL on Windows.
* Don't undefine 'bool' macro in c-darwin hints file.
* Fix missing comment delimiter.
* Mon Nov 19 2007 email@example.com
- update to 1.19
- add -lpanel and -lmenu
* Use Ncursesw (Ncurses with wide character functions) instead of
Ncurses if available.
* Change all sv_isa() to sv_derived_from() so you can use
* bugfixes, test fixes
* Thu Mar 29 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add ncurses-devel BuildRequires
* Sat Mar 10 2007 email@example.com
- link with ncursesw.so to make UTF8 output work
* Fri Jul 14 2006 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.14
* Make demo.form work on 64 bit machine.
* Add some narration to Makefile.PL to help with diagnosis.
* Move undef of 'instr' from individual hint files to Curses.c
and add explanation.
* Some kind of build fix to get panels, forms, and menu functions
* Wed Jan 25 2006 email@example.com
- converted neededforbuild to BuildRequires
* Mon Aug 01 2005 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 1.12
* Sat Jan 10 2004 email@example.com
- build as user
* Fri Aug 22 2003 firstname.lastname@example.org
- require the perl version we build with
* Tue Jul 15 2003 email@example.com
- adapt to perl-5.8.1
- use %perl_process_packlist
* Tue May 20 2003 firstname.lastname@example.org
- remove unpackaged files