* Thu Mar 03 2022 Atri Bhattacharya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add o2scl-eos_quark_cfl6-test-increase-tol.patch: Increase the
tolerance of a test that fails due to minor tolerance issues on
* Sun Jan 16 2022 Atri Bhattacharya <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.926:
* Long list of changes, see
- Drop patches incorporated upstream:
- Add o2scl-disable-test-without-destdir-support.patch: Disable
tests that use data files installed to datadir but does not
support DESTDIR and therefore cannot be run in a buildroot env.
- Minor specfile cleanups.
* Tue Jun 08 2021 Atri Bhattacharya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add o2scl-cpp17-legendre-conflict.patch -- Rename function
legendre() to legendrex() to avoid conflict with std::legendre()
in c++17 (default in GCC 11) [gh#awsteiner/o2scl#17].
- Update URL to current upstream.
* Tue May 04 2021 Atri Bhattacharya <email@example.com>
- Add o2scl-boost-math-gamma-header.patch: Include boost header
required for tgamma function.
- Fix an EOL encoding issue.
* Tue Nov 10 2020 Atri Bhattacharya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.925:
* Fixed interpolation bug and log grid bug in
* Improved acol docs everywhere. Created acol table3d
to-tensor-grid, acol table3d to-hist-2d, acol table3d
get-grid, acol create table-mv, acol table3d slice-hist, acol
table3d select, acol h5-copy, acol table correl, acol
constant, acol binary, acol docs, and acol wdocs.
* The integration routines for semi-infinite intervals have been
refactored to use \ref integ_iu(), \ref integ_il() and \ref
* Improved error handling and documentation in cloud_file.
* Several updates to eos_sn, nstar_rot, eos_had_rmf,
eos_had_rmf_hyp_ts, and ex_eos_gibbs.
* Created new beta-equilibrium functions in some EOS classes.
* Created new function nucmass_fit::fit_covar() to fit nuclear
masses with a covariance matrix.
* Reworked documentation in sphinx/breathe.
* Fixed spacing bug in rewrap_keep_endlines().
* Updated strings_spec(), vector_spec(), mult_vector_spec() and
* Added OpenMP support to some table functions. Updated
* Created experimental new convert_units::convert_calc()
function and created find_constants class. Updated solar
* Improvements to the vec_index class.
* Updated the vector_acor() function. Created vectors_equal()
* Fixed hidden virtual function warnings.
* Created columnify::add_spaces().
* Worked on multiprecision support for several particle classes.
* Cleaned up polylogs and created bessel_K_exp class.
* Fixed HDF5 1.12-related deprecation warnings.
* Renamed integration classes for infinite or semi-infinite
* Created a new experimental auto_format class.
* Created new vt100 string functions and moved them into a new
* Added quadratic and cubic discriminants.
* Added experimental part_pdg.
- Add o2scl-disable-slow-hdf-test.patch: Disable a slow hdf test
that causes OBS workers to time out.
- Add o2scl-exp-overflow.patch: Fix for overflows from GSL exp.c;
patch taken from upstream git commit [gh#awsteiner/o2scl#16].
- Drop o2scl-disable-failing-eos-test.patch: Fixed upstream.
- Pass "-DO2SCL_HDF5_PRE_1_12" to CXXFLAGS to use HDF5 1.10.x
* Tue Apr 24 2018 email@example.com
- Enable test only on x86_64 since all other archs do not support
* Tue Mar 27 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disable tests on i586 until test codes are fixed, typically
simply by increasing tolerances (gh#awsteiner/o2scl#7).
* Tue Mar 06 2018 email@example.com
- Add o2scl-decrease-fit_fix-tolerances.patch: Decrease the
tolerance level on fit_fix test to prevent errors on 32-bit
systems during make check; patch taken from upstream git
* Tue Mar 06 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only enable gsl2 features for openSUSE >= 1500; gsl >= 2.0 is
not available for older openSUSE.
* Tue Feb 27 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.921:
* New vector_autocorr() functions were created to analyze
* The class serach_vec now has improved thread safety.
* Kriging classes interpm_krige_nn, interpm_krige, and
interp_krige were created. These are still a bit experimental.
* A new Robbins-Monro iteration root-finding class has been
created. A class smooth_func for smoothing multivariate
functions by averaging in a neighborhood has been created.
These should help dealing with noisy functions.
* All 'funct11' classes have been renamed to 'funct'.
* New vector bin size functions have been created.
* The 'acol' command has been reworked to handle HDF5 I/O for
more types. It can now manipulate vectors, matrices, and
tensors in several new ways. The interaction with o2graph in
o2sclpy has also been improved.
* The Markov chain Monte Carlo classes have been updated, but
are still experimental. Similarly with the probability
density distribution classes where new bivariate gaussian
and AMR-like probability densities were created.
* The internal bibliography mechanics have been improved.
* Error handling in nucleus_rmf has been improved.
* Updates to eos_tov_vectors, eos_had_rmf, eos_tov_vectors,
* Created an eos_cs2_poly class and anneal_para_ts.
* Nuclear masses were updated for the 2016 AME data set.
* The calculation of dndT, dndmu, and dsdT for relativistic
fermions has been improved.
* The SFHo and SFHx EOSs were updated.
* Several internal changes have been made to allow Ubuntu-style
packages. The 'make check' target now works without 'make
install'. A snapcraft snap has also been created. These are
still in progress.
- Run tests in a check section.
- Remove bogus duplicated doc files from non-std location
* Tue Aug 29 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upgrade RPM groups; combine two find calls.
* Fri Aug 25 2017 email@example.com
- Fix package groups: shared library -> System/Libraries, devel
package -> Productivity/Scientific/Math.
* Thu Aug 10 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use boost-devel instead of libboost_headers-devel where the
latter is not available (openSUSE < 1320).
* Tue Aug 08 2017 email@example.com
- Initial package.
* Tue Oct 30 2018 Dirk Stoecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix URL (old link dead)
* Mon Oct 22 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.922:
* In the table class, the set() function no longer automatically
adds rows or columns. This prevents some behavior which was
not intuitive for users.
* Several tensor functions have been added, including
tensor::swap_data(), tensor_out(), tensor::min(),
tensor::max(), tensor::copy(), tensor::is_valid().
* Slicing for tensor_grid objects has been improved.
* Copy constructors for tensor and tensor_grid have been
* A few long double integration classes have been added when
higher accuracy is required.
* The MCMC classes have been completely reworked, offering
better support for OpenMP and MPI parallelism.
* The acol command has been expanded and improved in several
ways. Code for o2graph has been moved out and the
documentation has been improved.
* The conversion functions in convert_units now has a const
* The documentation has been improved everywhere.
* A new nearest neighbor interpolation type has been added.
* A seed bug in rng_gsl has been fixed.
* HDF5 I/0 for table3d types now allows const references.
* The cloud_file class is updated and simplified.
* The prob_dens_func_amr class has been updated.
* Some work has been done on heat capacity functions for
* The fermion_rel::calc_mu() and pair_mu() functions work better
now with bad initial guesses.
* The tov_solve, eos_tov, eos_cs2_const, and eos_had_rmf_hyp
classes are improved.
- Drop o2scl-decrease-fit_fix-tolerances.patch: upstreamed.
- Add o2scl-remove-glob_wrapper-test.patch: Remove glob_wrapper()
from misc_ts because it isn't platform independent; patch taken
from upstream git (gh#awsteiner/o2scl#8).
* Sat Jan 04 2020 Atri Bhattacharya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.924:
* Updated second derivatives of the pressure for the particle
clases and updated the eos_had_skyrme class to compute second
* Created a new system for OS detection to make compilation a
bit more user-friendly. HDF5 headers have been reworked a bit
* Improved integration between acol and o2sclpy.
* Improved the handling of aliases in acol and cli.
* Generalized convert_units, several of the integration classes,
a few derivative and solver classes, and several of the
particle classes to templates to allow for other floating
* Improvements to the ex_mmin example and the example plots.
Created new example ex_fermion_summ.
* Improvements to the ode_iv_solve_grid class.
* Improved error handling for calculator class.
* Created functions vector_refine(), file_exists(), and
* Created classes inte_tanh_sinh_boost, inte_sinh_sinh_boost,
inte_kronrod_boost, inte_exp_tanh_boost, nucmass_gen, and
* Created a couple_threads option and an ac_coeffs() function
* Creating strings_spec() for string list specifications and
updated vector_spec() and mult_vector_spec().
* Improved tabulate option for tov_love::calc_y().
* Updated constants for CODATA 2018 release.
- Drop o2scl-fix-LU-tests.patch: incorporated upstream.
- Add o2scl-disable-failing-eos-test.patch -- Disable a failing
test for eos which fails due to minor float error in the test
- Use %license to install COPYING file.
* Wed Oct 30 2019 Atri Bhattacharya <email@example.com>
- Add o2scl-fix-LU-tests.patch: Fix -- rather than disable --
failing LU tests (gh#awsteiner/o2scl#9).
- Drop o2scl-disable-failing-tests.patch: No longer needed due to
fixes from new patch o2scl-fix-LU-tests.patch; also drop
libtool BuildRequires and do not run autoreconf before configure
which were all required because of this patch.
* Fri Sep 13 2019 Atri Bhattacharya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add o2scl-disable-failing-tests.patch: Disable LU test that
fails on x86_64 (gh#awsteiner/o2scl#9).
* Tue Apr 30 2019 Atri Bhattacharya <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.923:
* A new function "rearrange_and_copy()" was added to the tensor
and tensor_grid classes for several kinds of tensor
* A new matrix_view_transpose class and a new wordexp() function
* The classes cloud_file, boson_rel, eos_had_skyrme,
eos_tov_buchdahl, fermion_deriv_rel, fermion_eff,
fermion_nonrel, fermion_rel, eos_had_rmf, hist, interpm_krige,
and interp_krige_optim classes were improved improved. The
particle calibration routines were improved.
* The constants were updated for the CODATA 2014 release.
* Several updates were made to acol. The handling of tensor and
tensor_grid classes was improved. Vector and value
specifications were added. The help text was reworked. The
autocorr command was improved.
* A new class slack_messenger was created to send messages to
- Drop o2scl-remove-glob_wrapper-test.patch: incorporated