* Wed Sep 01 2021 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 3.9.1
* This simplifies the handling of distributed computations in
connection with volume by signed decomposition. There are a
few other improvements.
* Fri Jul 02 2021 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 3.9.0
* Normaliz now uses e-antic for algebraic polyhedra.
* Added the Lawrence algorithm for polytope volumes by signed
decomposition into simplices.
* The descent algorithm for volumes now has a variant exploiting
isomorphisms of faces.
* Thu Feb 11 2021 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 3.8.10
* New data structure for the return of triangulations and other
decompositions by libnormaliz.
* Fri Oct 02 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 3.8.9
* New extensions:
* Input types rational_lattice and rational_offset. They allow
to choose an arbitrary sublattice of the rational space as
the lattice of reference.
* Computation goal IsEmptySemiOpen. It allows to check the
emptyness of semiopen polyhedra defined by inequalities
and strict inequalities.
* Computation goals DualFaceLattice, DualFVector, DualIncidence
computing the face lattice etc. for the dual cone.
* Computation goal TriangulationGenerators: it replaces
unstable Generators, and the name says explicitly for what it
* Tue Sep 01 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Enable flint integration
* Sat Aug 29 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 3.8.8
* No user-visible changes; a build fix for Debian packaging.
* Fri Jul 31 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 3.8.7
* It is now possible to check the emptyness of semiopen
polyhedra via the new computation goal IsEmptySemiopen. The
'"open faces" are defined by excluded_faces and
* Fri Jun 05 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 3.8.5
* New feature: computation of refined triangulations using all
input generators or all lattice points in a polytope or being
* Fri Feb 14 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 3.8.4
* Use of precomputed data newly designed.
* New versions of CoCoALib and nauty integrated.
* Tue Nov 26 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 3.8.3
* Technical realease that fixes an incompatibility between
libnormaliz and PyNormaliz in version 3.8.2.
* Sun Nov 24 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 3.8.2
* Some improvement in convex hull computation for algebraic
* Code cleaned up and formatted; also in the installation files.
* Sun Sep 29 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 3.8.1
* This release fixes the codimension bug of 3.8.0.
* Tue Sep 10 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 3.8.0
* This release adds the computation of automorphism groups to
Normaliz. Various types of automorphism groups can be
computed: combinatorial, rational/algebraic, integral and
euclidean. It is not yet possible to use the automorphism
groups in the computation of other invariants, which is the
main reason for their introduction.
- Remove 0001-Fix-a-bunch-of-compiler-warnings-and-two-actual-bugs.patch,
* Mon Aug 26 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add headerfile.patch to provide normaliz/output.h.
* Sat Aug 24 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 3.7.4
* Algebraic polyhedra: these can now be computed directly in
Normaliz so that QNormaliz has become obsolete.
* Face lattice and f-vector can now be computed by Normaliz.
* NumberLatticePoints is a new computation goal that lets
Normaliz count lattice points in polytopes without storing
* Added the computation goals Dynamic and Static and the
libnormaliz function modifyCone.
- Add 0001-Fix-a-bunch-of-compiler-warnings-and-two-actual-bugs.patch
* Mon Oct 22 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.6.3:
* Fix configure.ac that caused building issues.
- Update to version 3.6.2:
* Fix problems with certain borderline input, like empty
polytopes or polytopes of embedding dimension 0.
* Wed Jul 18 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.6.1:
* Introduction of NoGradingDenom and better treatment of
* Refinements in the computation of volumes.
* Sat Jun 09 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.6.0:
* Includes QNormaliz as a tool for algebraic polyhedra and its
Python interface PyQNormaliz.
* The install scripts have been revised thoroughly.
* Mon Apr 30 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.5.4:
* Make computations that so far required homogeneous input
available to all polytopes, regardless of the input type:
Ehrhart series, triangulations, cone decomposition, Stanley
- Changes from version 3.5.3:
* Performance improvements.
* Bug fixes.
- Changes from version 3.5.2:
* Introduce a new algorithm for volume computations by descent
in the face lattice.
* Bug fixes.
- Use %%license to package COPYING file, instead of %%doc.
* Tue Jan 09 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.5.1:
* Uniqueness in output of not uniqely determined results (bases
of sublattices, equations), necessary to make all tests yield
the same results on all.
- Drop 0001-Fix-compiler-warnings-in-matrix.cpp.patch:
* Mon Dec 25 2017 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 3.5.0
* Euclidean volume of polytopes
* Expansion of series
* Projection of cones and polyhedra
* LLL reduced coordinates for project-and-lift
- Add 0001-Fix-compiler-warnings-in-matrix.cpp.patch
* Wed Nov 22 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.4.1:
* Miscellaneous bug fixes.
* Wed Sep 27 2017 email@example.com
- Let normaliz-devel require boost-devel because its
header files do.
* Mon Sep 25 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop unusual Require on gap-core (copy&paste error?)
* Sat Aug 26 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.4.0:
* New project-and-lift algorithm, also in a floating point
* Improved subdivision of large simplicial cones, equivalent own
replacement of Scip.
* Floating point input (and, partly, output).
* Fast Gorenstein test.
* Restriction of number of significant coefficients of
* Sun Jul 09 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 3.3.0:
* Inclusion of NmzIntegrate in libnormaliz
* Rational numbers in input
* Improvement of polynomial arithmetic
* Controlled interruption
* Thu Mar 23 2017 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 3.2.1
* Automatic choice of symmetrization
* better use of HSOP option via libnormaliz
* Tue Feb 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 3.2.0
* Constriants in symbolic format
* A better implementation of Approximate and its use in the
* Option for Symmetrize that produces symmetrized input for and
runs nmzIntegrate and runs on it
* QNormaliz, a version of Normaliz using coordinates in an
extension of the rational numbers (estricted to convex hull
computations and triangulation)
* Further automatic choices of algorithmic variants
* Wed Jun 08 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 3.1.1
* support for nonpointed cones / input of subspace
* new computation goals: IsIntegrallyClosed and
* new computation goal: IntegerHull
* new computation goal: ConeDecomposition
* Sat Mar 12 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package (version 3.1.0) for build.opensuse.org