* Thu Feb 18 2021 D B <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 0.8.2
- Fixed duplicate rewards from pirate ship-stealing missions. (Sorry.)
- Fixed the Advanced Nebula Research mission's failure condition in case you don't stick with the transport ship. (Sorry.)
- Fixed the "The one with the Runaway" mission so the captured drone doesn't appear back in space.
- Fixed a bug loading games with short (1-character) names.
- Tweaked chances of seeing Spaceport Bar missions.
- Updated German translation.
- Fixed "configure" script when the system has a "cxsparse" library and no "csparse".
- Fixed source .tar.gz so ./configure is immediately usable again. (Note: 0.9.x will use Meson for builds.)
- Removed naev-0.8.1-overlay.tar.gz
* Wed Feb 03 2021 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Modernize specfile
* Wed Jan 27 2021 D B <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 0.8.1
- Lowered large ships' time constant (renamed from time dilation) by 50% of the deviation from 100%.
- Tweaked Za'lek ships' stats and outfit slot behavior to match expectations.
- Restored macOS support. (Catalina users will have to bypass Gatekeeper: See https://github.com/naev/naev/wiki/FAQ for details.)
- Fixed a crash-loop when the "saves" folder gets populated by Steam data (or other files) and no Naev save files.
- Fixed intermittent error messages about the "Lua Spawn script for faction 'Trader'".
- Fixed rare/potential bugs in font and save-file code.
- Fixed crash when navigating landing screens with the tab key.
- Updated German translation.
- Improved text in minor ways.
- Added naev-0.8.1-overlay.tar.gz to fix autotools compilation
* Thu Dec 17 2020 D B <email@example.com>
- Update to 0.8.0
- Overhaul of the interface to be more sleek and functional
* Interface is much more slick
* Dark theme to be more consistent with space
* Font uses outlines to be more readable
- New map overlay with adjustable opacity
- Added rarity indicator to ships and outfits
- Changed fonts
- Indicate non-common NPC with exclamation marks
- Added accessory slot and unique accessory outfits as mission rewards
- Simple economy model implemented with map visualizations
- Added travelling merchant who sells unique items
- Made missiles and fighter bays reload while in space
- Modified the balancing of missiles
- Added asteroids and mining
- Improved player GUI
- Brushed GUI is now the default
- Improved and fixed escort system
- Made Pirates and FLF spawn in a fairer way
- Made time pass at different rates for different ships ("Time Dilation")
- Made piracy missions available from any Independent or black market planet
- Substantially increased pay for unique missions (10x in most cases)
- Made references to the player gender-neutral
- Made combat music vary from faction to faction
- Made it so AI ships spawn with cargo
- Improved AI behaviours
- Nerfed Quicksilver
- Added the ability to buy "fake IDs" from pirate strongholds
- Made jammers into activated outfits that increase cloaking
- Added Soromid organic ships that level up organs
- Improved and expanded NPC portraits
- Commodities can be sold/bought everywhere
- Added a "slow mode", which runs the game at half speed (like an easy mode)
- Added a ship log which records events
- Added a "system map" which displays information about known remote planets
- Added support for giving commands to individual escorts
- New intro images replacing old placeholders
- Increased pirate name variety for bounty missions
- Ships now travel with you automatically for free, as with outfits
- Added map decorators showing locations of factions and the Nebula
- Added a dogfight aiming helper
- More music
- New and/or improved missions
* New Za'lek mini-campaign
* Completed the FLF campaign
* Fixed up the Collective campaign
* Improved the Shark (Nexus Shipyards) campaign
* Improved the Dvaered anti-FLF campaign
* Added and improved piracy missions
* New minor Soromid campaign, "Coming Out"
* New tutorial mission at the start of a new game
* Various newly added and improved generic missions
- Support for compilation with Meson
- Support for translations
- Added shaders to speed up and improve graphics
- Added support for non-ascii direct character input
- Added support for map decorators
- Removed support for Lua 5.0
- Removed support for SDL 1, only SDL 2 is supported
- Added support for translating
- Made the OSD compact itself to avoid showing redundant information
- Made Autonav able to follow ships
- Consolidated the effects of cloaking and jammers under cloaking
- Added workaround for ALSOFT buggy version that crashes
- Added a polygon-based collision algorithm
- Added some symbols for partial colorblind accessibility
- Support #include in shaders
- Multiple font support
- Many bugfixes
* Sat Jul 22 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.7.0
* New missions
* Initial asteroids support
* Initial fleet formation support
* Fixed screen scaling
* Mission fixes
* Lua backend unified
* Lua console tab completion
* Generalized claim system
- Enable SDL2 mixer support
- Install icons
- Add desktop/icon macros
* Sat Feb 18 2017 email@example.com
- Validate through https://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls
- Use upstream supplied make install rules, desktop shortcut and icon
- Install AppData for https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:AppStore
* Mon Nov 21 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update summary and description for style, and trim redundant
- Drop non-SUSE parts, there are no targets configured for them
in the develprj.
* Fri Nov 13 2015 email@example.com
- naev 0.6.1
* Improved AI (nenau)
* New Misisons (onpon4, nenau)
* Changed how action loss is handled (onpon4)
* Lua AI rewrite (Ian D. Scott)
* Misc fixes and improvements.
* Wed Mar 18 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- naev 0.6.0
- Core slots system
* Ships must have a core system, engine, and hull equipped to take off
* Ships? attributes are mostly defined by their cores
* Total of 95 core outfits
- Naev?s data is now stored in a zip file, making contributing easier than ever
- Greatly improved SDL2 support (now default)
* Support for window resizing and toggling fullscreen without restarting
* Drag-and-drop ndata loading when ndata can?t be found
* Fake fullscreen is used by default to avoid turning off other monitors
* Fullscreen toggling via keybind (F11 by default)
- Improved keyboard-and-mouse gameplay, with an optional WASD layout
- Autonav improvements
* Autonav resets time accel instead of aborting (onpon4)
* Improved autonav behaviour when pushed off of jump points
- Activated outfits get hotkeys by default
- Fuel is now provided for free at spaceports
- Auto-braking (Ctrl-S by default) in lieu of a dedicated Active Cooldown key
- Ships only need to be spaceworthy when taking off (Avihay)
- Added on-screen ?PAUSED? indicator (can be disabled in conf.lua)
- Local system maps can be bought from the landing screen
- Greatly expanded galaxy
* 150+ new systems and 500+ new planets
* Za?lek faction added (Viruk and Lineth)
* Expanded pirate space (Lukc)
- New missions
* Added 6 repeatable missions
* Added 10 scripted missions
* Greater mission availability in Soromid space (BSoD-naev)
* New Sirius mission string, ?Heretic? (l0k1)
* Several repeatable pirate missions (Lukc)
* New FLF mission and two neutral missions by brognam
- 3 new songs by Askyel and saturn6
- Innumerable typo and content fixes by PhoenixRiver, perey, m1foley, ids1024, and others
- Cargo missions are longer-range (up to 6 jumps)
- Added hidden jumps, currently only discoverable via special maps
- Error logs are now stored to help with issue reporting
* Windows: %APPDATA\naev\logs\
* OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/naev/logs/
* Linux: ~/.local/share/naev/logs/
- Fixed save corruption issues on Windows
- Dynamic news support for missions and events (BariumBlue)
- See the news Lua API module for more information
* Sun Apr 15 2012 email@example.com
- naev 0.5.3
* Portable mode, allowing for Naev?s user data files (saves, screenshots, etc.) to be placed in arbitrary locations
* Afterburners now gradually overheat and have no fixed duration
* Active cooldown allows for rapid ship cooling
* Many typo fixes in missions and lore
* Fixed several rare crashes
* Mon Mar 26 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- naev 0.5.2
* New events and missions
* New outfits
* House Soromid now has a logo
* More ways of mapping the universe
* Disabling damage leaks through shields
* conf.lua-tweakable font sizes for accessibility
* Bug fixes
* Fri Mar 02 2012 email@example.com
- naev 0.5.1
* Many new missions, and improvements for older ones.
* Soromid faction added.
- Full array of ships for the faction.
- Populated northern area of the galaxy.
* New disable mechanic
- Disabling damage is separate from regular damage.
- Player ships can now be disabled, boarded and looted!
- Disabled ships will recover automatically over time.
* Jump points, planets and stations must now be discovered through exploration.
* Maps now reveal fixed routes, mostly between major factions? space.
* Fancier map search shows details about found items.
* New planet and station graphics.
* Large AI ships now have greater weapons diversity.
* General usability improvements for low resolutions.
* Missiles lock on gradually, depending on electronic warfare values.
* The tutorial has been substantially expanded and reworked.
* Active outfits allow for powerful, temporary abilities to be toggled.
* New key bindings make the it possible to use the keyboard most of the time.
- Autonav is now more flexible and can travel to planets in addition to systems.
- Navigate the spaceport with keytips.
* Improved faction reputation logic.
- Factions now have ceilings for reputation gained through killing.
- Missions are necessary to elevate your standing beyond this.
- Completing major missions can increase the reputation ceilings.
* Landing permissions enhanced beyond the simple boolean (hostile or friendly) model.
- Landing at military and other special assets typically requires high reputation with a faction.
- When you don?t meet the required standing but aren?t hostile, assets are marked ?restricted?.
* Overhaul of spaceport bar NPCs. NPCs will now often say meaningful things and can even help the player out by hinting at missions or updating his galaxy map.
* Complete ship health rebalancing.
* Store user data in XDG-compliant locations (*nix-only)
* Misc. bug fixes
* Faction standing and land permission code moved to Lua.
- Reputation is now handled with per-faction scripts.
- Special assets can have unique landing code (e.g. requiring a particular mission to be done)
* Large amount of Lua API additions and changes.
* Greatly enhanced the in-game universe editor.
* XML data (ships, planets, etc.) has been split into individual files to allow greater modularity.
* Various faction specific scripts have been reorganized to be in a more logical location, and these script have been tied closer to the master faction definition.
* Generally less crash-prone when loading corrupt data.
* Misc. bug fixes
* Thu Dec 08 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix building on openSUSE 12.1
- Some SPEC file clean-up