* Fri Jul 12 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added patches to fix boo#1123334 (CVE-2018-20743), instability
and crash due to crafted message flooding
* added mumble-1.2.19-limit-amount-of-messages.patch (backported
version of upstream patch)
* added mumble-1.2.19-stricter-message-limit.patch (backported
version of upstream patch)
* Wed Jan 03 2018 email@example.com
- Add 0001-AudioOutput-do-not-use-non-existant-template-version.patch
to fix tumbleweed compilation
* Thu Jun 08 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add initialize-soundfile-format.patch to initilalize a variable so
it's not used later uninitialized.
* Wed Feb 01 2017 email@example.com
- use individual libboost-*-devel packages instead of boost-devel
* Sun Jan 29 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.2.19:
* Murmur?s -limits command will now print output as it runs, instead of at exit.
* Mon Dec 19 2016 email@example.com
- update to 1.2.18:
- mostly non-Linux fixes
- switch default compiler to use C++03
* Sun Sep 25 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.2.17
* Fixed a bug that could cause the Mumble log view to be
inacessible after receiving a specially crafted text message.
* The PulseAudio backend will now fall back to default device
if the chosen device is no longer present.
* Mumble now explicitly sends plain text notifications to KDE
and Freedesktop.org notification endpoints.
* Xbox button/controller names as shown by Mumble should now be
correct for controllers other than the first controller.
- Add appdata.patch for https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:AppStore
* Fri May 13 2016 email@example.com
- Fixed build on 13.1 by only adding (/var)/run/mumble-server
as temporary file only on newer openSUSE versions (> 1310)
* Fri May 06 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- mumble 1.2.16
* Mumble will no longer try to poll for changes in XInput button
state when no controllers are connected.
* The last references (public server list registration and crash
reporting) to the old domain name for the Mumble service host,
?mumble.hive.no?, have been changed to use ?mumble.info? instead.
* The overlay blacklist from 1.3.0 snapshots has been backported.
- add (/var)/run/mumble-server as temporary file for proper cleanup
* Sun Mar 13 2016 email@example.com
- mumble 1.2.15:
* Add ability to disable the public server list
* Add ability to create and/or edit Mumble?s server list
- includes changes from 1.2.14:
* Fix regression crash on exit for in overlay feature
* Mon Jan 11 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- mumble 1.2.13:
* Fix Murmur DoS (Mumble-SA-2016-001), does not affect GNU/Linux
- update upstream signing keyring
* Mon Jan 04 2016 email@example.com
- mumble 1.2.12:
* The log would always scroll-to-bottom, even if manually
scrolled up to view a previous message. Scroll-to-bottom is now
only triggered if the log view has not manually scrolled by the
* Fixed a bug where a stale overlay client could cause the Mumble
UI to freeze under some circumstances.
* Fixed a bug where CELT and Opus encoders were not properly
reset when using more than one frame per packet in Mumble. This
would previously cause noisy artifacts at the beginning of
* Mon Dec 14 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Removed unneeded patch for SLE10: mumble-1.1.4-sle10glx.diff
- Added patch from RandyBB (email@example.com) to fix missing
semicolons in desktop file: mumble-1.2.11-desktop_fix.diff
- Removed parts for outdated openSUSE versions, older then openSUSE
12.2 or SLE 11, from spec file
* Mon Dec 14 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.2.11:
* Fixed a bug where Mumble global shortcuts on X11 would not
release properly when Chrome/Chromium was the frontmost application.
* Fixed a bug where clients would automatically reconnect after
* Inserting an image in the chat should now always cause Mumble
to scroll correctly to the bottom of the log.
* Opening mumble:// URLs should now correctly allow people to
change channels if a URL is opened while Mumble is running.
* Fixed an issue where the ?shortcut/linux/evdev/enable? config
option was not saved correctly, and overwritten when closing
* Tue Oct 13 2015 email@example.com
- update to 1.2.10:
* no code change, other than to create another binary release
for platforms other than GNU/Linux with updated libraries
* Thu Jun 18 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.2.9 maintenance release
- remove redundant clean section
- add missing service_add_pre macro
- gpg key has changed
* Wed Mar 18 2015 email@example.com
- Added speech-dispatcher support for openSUSE (Text-To-Speech)
* Mon Mar 16 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add pkgconfig(speexdsp) BuildRequires: its presence is checked
for by the build system.
* Thu Feb 05 2015 email@example.com
- remove gpg-offline from BuildRequires, now done by source validator
* Fri Nov 21 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix murmur-user-wrapper (bnc#906416)
* Sat Aug 09 2014 email@example.com
- update to 1.2.8
+ A PulseAudio issue that could cause the Mumble client
to crash on launch has been fixed.
+ Various source-level issues that made the Mumble build
fail when built with Clang has been fixed.
* Tue Jul 29 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix build for older distros like SLE 11
- disable xinput2 support on sle 11
- add a new bcond for systemd and use that throughout the spec
file for guarding systemd usage instead of spreading out the
if suse_version conditional all over the place.
- some systemd pieces were also done on none systemd distros.
move those into the systemd blocks.
* Sat Jun 14 2014 email@example.com
- update to 1.2.7, minor bugfix
* Thu May 15 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- new bugfix release 1.2.6 fixes security issues (CVE-2014-3756,
bnc#877971, CVE-2014-3755, bnc#877969)
* Wed Mar 26 2014 email@example.com
- enable rc link also for systemd
* Thu Feb 06 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- new version 1.2.5 fixes security issues (CVE-2014-0044, CVE-2014-0045,
* Sat Jan 11 2014 email@example.com
- remove syslog.target, since it no longer exists in recent
systemd versions (>202) and causes the service to fail to start
* Thu Aug 01 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- clean up old macros
* Thu Jun 06 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.2.4: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/1.2.4
- systemd service file
* Wed Nov 28 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify GPG signature.
* Wed Nov 07 2012 email@example.com
- install apparmor profile without x permissions
* Wed Nov 07 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- require lsb-release (bnc#785659)
* Mon Jun 25 2012 email@example.com
- allow reading /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf in apparmor profile (bnc#768692)
- fix path to sed and grep due to usr move in 12.2
* Mon Feb 20 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- remove read permissions for other users on local sqlite database
as it may contain passwords (bnc#747833, CVE-2012-0863)
* Mon Feb 13 2012 email@example.com
- don't add built-in CA certificates (bnc#660784)
* Wed Jul 06 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d instead of /etc/tmpfiles.d.
* Sat Jun 11 2011 email@example.com
- install mumble in libdir and put a symlink in bindir to make
loading libs from applicationDirPath work.
* Mon Apr 11 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix bonjour support
* Wed Nov 06 2019 email@example.com
- set permissions of config file to 640 because it can contain passwords
* Wed Sep 11 2019 Christophe Giboudeaux <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Really use the system speex and opus dependencies.
- Run spec-cleaner, use pkgconfig() style BuildRequires when possible.
- Fix the package requirements.
- Remove obsolete conditions and build options.
- Also recommend the Qt mysql and psql backend. Murmur also supports
* Tue Sep 10 2019 Michal Suchanek <email@example.com>
- Update to upstream version 1.3.0 final.
Release notes at:
- Use system speex and opus.
* Tue Sep 03 2019 Michal Suchanek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to upstream version 1.3.0-rc2. Supports Qt5. (boo#1148406)
- Remove upstreamed patches:
- Refresh add-speechd-include-path.patch
* Wed Jun 26 2019 Dirk Mueller <email@example.com>
- add mumble-pr-3623-protobuf37.patch to fix build against protobuf 3.7
* Sat Jul 11 2020 Andreas Stieger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- mumble 1.3.2:
* client: Fixed overlay not starting
- fetch upstream release signing key for 2020
* Fri Jun 19 2020 UTC - Markus Ebner <email@example.com>
- Update to upstream version 1.3.1
* Fixed: Potential exploit in the OCB2 encryption (#4227)
* Fixed: Added missing UserKDFIterations field to UserInfo =>
Prevents getRegistration() from failing with enumerator
out of range error (#3835)
* Fixed: Segmentation fault during murmur shutdown (#3938)
* Fixed: Crash when using multiple monitors (#3756)
* Fixed: Don't send empty message from clipboard via shortcut,
if clipboard is empty (#3864)
* Fixed: Talking indicator being able to freeze to indicate talking
when self-muted (#4006)
* Fixed: High CPU usage for update-check if update server not
* Fixed: DBus getCurrentUrl returning empty string when not in
* Fixed: Small parts of whispering leaking out (#4051)
* Fixed: Last audio frame of normal talking is sent to last
whisper target (#4050)
* Fixed: LAN-icon not found in ConnectDialog (#4058)
* Improved: Set maximal vertical size for User Volume Adjustment
* Improved: Don't send empty data to PulseAudio (#3316)
* Improved: Use the SRV resolved port for UDP connections (#3820)
* Improved: Manual Plugin UI (#3919)
* Improved: Don't start Jack server by default (#3990)
* Improved: Overlay doesn't hook into all other processes by
* Improved: Wait longer before disconnecting from a server due
to unanswered Ping-messages (#4123)
* Fixed: Possibility to circumvent max user-count
in channel (#3880)
* Fixed: Rate-limit implementation susceptible to
* Fixed: OpenSSL error 140E0197 with Qt >= 5.12.2 (#4032)
* Fixed: VersionCheck for SQL for when to use the
WAL feature (#4163)
* Fixed: Wrong database encoding that could lead
to server-crash (#4220)
* Fixed: DB crash due to primary key violation
(now performs "UPSERT" to avoid this) (#4105)
* Improved: The fields in the Version ProtoBuf message are
now size-restricted (#4101)
- Drop patch add-speechd-include-path.patch, included upstream
* Wed Apr 15 2020 Marcus Rueckert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- use the "profile profilename /path/to/binary" syntax to make
"ps aufxZ" more readable