* Tue Feb 10 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.3.7
* Android support, with the OpenSL ES driver adapted from the old
* Support for AmigaOS and its variants like MorphOS, AROS, and a new
* Build system configuration and packaging simplifications, tidy-ups.
* Several portability tweaks.
* New PSP driver. (untested. based on older ports from pspdev.)
* Fix some OS/2 bit rot. (for nostalgia...)
* Wed May 07 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Modify libmikmod-config.patch to also remove pthreads stuff from
cflags and ldadd. Now it's "equivalent" to the .pc file.
* Tue May 06 2014 email@example.com
- Add libmikmod-config.patch:
Remove @LIBRARY_LIB@ from libmikmod-config, which is only needed for
static linking, which is not possible anyway
* Mon Apr 07 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix Source URL
* Sun Apr 06 2014 email@example.com
- update to version 3.3.6 from 3.3.5
Changes description from upstream:
This release adds updates to the umx loader, a fix for a dynamic loading
issue for ALSA and ESD drivers, a small update to the OSS driver to cover
less common setups, a minor fix to PulseAudio driver, and build system
updates (configure and cmake).
* Fri Mar 07 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.3.5
+ Lots of changes. See NEWS file or http://mikmod.sourceforge.net/#news
- Remove CVE-2007-6720.diff, libmikmod-3.2.0-loopingvolume-fix.diff,
libmikmod-altivec.patch and libmikmod-lp64.patch. Applied upstream.
- Remove libmikmod-rpmlintrc. Doesn't apply anymore.
- Remove esound-devel BuildRequires
- Add pkg-config, pkgconfig(alsa) and pkgconfig(libpulse-simple) BuildRequires
- Disable OSS sound output
* Thu Apr 04 2013 email@example.com
- fix altivec CFLAGS (libmikmod-altivec.patch)
* Tue Mar 26 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- merged / ported missing patches:
- libmikmod-lp64.patch: generic 64bit patch for 64LP architectures
- CVE-2007-6720.diff: perhaps missing upstream boundary checks (?)
- libmikmod-3.2.0-loopingvolume-fix.diff: seems missing upstream still
* Tue Nov 20 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 3.2.0:
+ MacOS X CoreAudio driver
+ Carbon support
+ Loader for ASYLUM Music Format v1.0 (.amf) modules, as used in
+ New function 'Player_QueryVoices' added, which is used to
return dynamic channel information about the module player.
+ Mixing with floating point output.
+ AIFF disk writer driver.
+ RPM support. To build a rpm, download the tar.gz, and run this:
% rpmbuild -tb libmikmod-3.2.0-beta2.tar.gz
+ New NAS driver (Network Audio System). Tested with nasd and
NCD X terminals.
+ MREADERs now have an iobase member (previously was a static
variable in mmio.c).
+ Created an example/ subdirectory, to hold programming examples.
+ Added functions to read from memory.
+ Renamed internal _mm_malloc function to MikMod_malloc, which
is now part of the API.
+ Raw samples can now be loaded using the new Sample_LoadRaw*
family of functions for sound effects.
+ PowerPC 64 support
+ ALSA driver is now working with "recent" ALSAs.
+ Change MDRIVER "char *" fields to "const char *".
+ Implement a fix to the ALSA driver in MIKMOD_DYNAMIC mode so
it will allow linking against libmikmod when "-Wl,--no-undefined"
+ The sun driver now compiles on solaris.
+ The wav output driver had problems on big endian systems.
+ A warning in libmikmod.m4 with autoconf 1.8 was fixed.
+ The 'card' argument, supported by the OSS driver was not
documented via the MDRIVER->CmdLineHelp string.
+ Now checking for linking against -lm.
+ Modified patch of libmikmod-CVE-2009-0179.patch.
+ Apply the libmikmod-CVE-2007-6720.patch.
+ Implement a fix for sprintf-of-list
+ Apply a patch for non-blocking opening of the OSS driver.
+ Fixed the prototypes of vc_callback.
+ Cast a vc_callback parameter to "unsigned char *" instead of "char *",
becuase the former is what it accepts.
+ Check for Samples' validatity in virtch_common.c.
+ Fix compilation on MSVC.
- Drop all patches, fixed upstream.
- Stop passing autoreconf, not needed anymore since we do not carry
- Bump so name, following upstream changes.
* Fri Sep 07 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add explicit buildrequire makeinfo
* Mon Jun 11 2012 email@example.com
- Adhere to shlib package naming guidelines
- Parallel build with %_smp_mflags
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
* Sat Nov 19 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add libtool as buildrequire to avoid implicit dependency
* Wed Aug 25 2010 email@example.com
- correct fix for CVE-2009-3995 [bnc#625547]
* Thu Apr 22 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix CVE-2009-3995,3996
* Wed Apr 21 2010 email@example.com
- fixed CVE-2009-3995 and CVE-2009-3996 [bnc#577875]
* Mon Dec 21 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 3.1.12
* bugfix release
- refreshed all patches
* Sat Dec 19 2009 email@example.com
- add baselibs.conf as a source
* Thu Feb 26 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed CVE-2009-0179 [bnc#468760]
* Fri Jan 23 2009 email@example.com
- fixed DoS CVE-2007-6720 [bnc#468760]
* Fri Jan 09 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- remove static libraries and "la" files
* Thu Oct 31 2019 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 3.3.11
* Fixed lots of possible crashes in the IT, XM, S3M, STM, STX,
AMF, IMF, GDM and MED module loaders.
* Fixed a possible endless loop in the IT loader with
* Fixed signed integer overflow leading to crashes in the
* Fixed a possible crash in MMCMP depacker with malformed
* Fixed the broken fixed-line comment reader which might
possibly lead to crashes, and also badly translated several
song messages. The new code is adapted from libopenmpt.
* Support for building the Windows version using Open Watcom
* A few minor OS/2 fixes.
* CMake updates.
* Other minor fixes/tidy-ups.
* Fixed windows builds when UNICODE is defined. (Thanks S.
* Amiga, AHI driver: Fixed a crash upon driver shutdown.
* Amiga: Updates. Added standalone makefiles with cross-build
* RAW file writer: Changed to use ansi stdio functions instead
of posix unistd, for better portability.
* Playercode: Allocate the right channel reverb buffers only
if the mixer is setup for stereo mode. (Helps with ports to
memory-tight platforms. Patch from Andrew Rossignol.)
* Fixed access to uninitialized memory in the simpleplayMEM
* Added a configuration option to exclude the hqmixer (off by
* Using locale-insensitive ctype.h and casecmp functions in
* Configury: New --disable-alldrv option to disable all of the
audio output drivers. If additional --enable-xxx options are
given, the specified drivers will be enabled.
* Handle the FastTracker2 pattern loop (E60) bug. Modules
abusing this bug (roadblas.xm) should play correctly now.
Thanks to Eugene Toder.
* AMF loader: Fixed segmentation fault in case of bad sample
offsets in broken files. (sf.net bug #26, thanks to 'Saga'
of OpenMPT project for the report and analysis.)
* AMF loader: Fixed loading of v10 files where sample loop
start and end values must be read as 32 bits, not 16 bits.
(Tested with Maelcum's "the tribal zone" and "the way its
gonna b". Noticed in OpenMPT source)
* Fixed a possible undefined behavior in the XM loader.
* Support for MMCMP, Amiga PP20 (PowerPack), STC (Stone
Cracker S404) and XPK compressed module formats, based on
public domain code from libmodplug and libxmp.
* Support for OpenBSD sndio.
* Fixed SDL output driver, so that it doesn't crash upon
* Disabled the gt2 loader until it is completed properly. (It
has been always non-functional since its introduction in
* Updated configury. The aix, hpux, bsd/sunaudio and sgi audio
drivers are now configurable and not built unconditionally.
Haiku support thanks to Jérôme Duval.
* Documentation update.
* Update DOS build for the new djgpp-2.05 release.
* Minor fix/tidy-ups.
- Spec cleanup