jEdit is a cross-platform programmer's text editor written in Java.
Some of jEdit's features include:
- Built-in macro language (BeanShell).
- Extensible plug-in architecture with more than 80 plug-ins
- Plug-ins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using
the plug-in manager feature.
- Syntax highlighting for more than 80 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and
- Auto-indenting of source code.
- Folding (indent and marker based).
- Word wrap.
- Unlimited undo and redo.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- Every other feature, both basic and advanced, that you would expect
to find in a text editor.