* Sat May 22 2021 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.6
* Widescreen graphics for Heretic and Hexen
* Sprite shadows like in the Build engine. Both in software and
* 16 bit channel PNG files can be read.
* DEHEXTRA working properly now.
* Various enhancements and fixes for ZScript.
* Thu Mar 04 2021 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Add 0001-fixed-zipdir-inability-to-update-empty-zip-file.patch
- Update to release 4.5.0
* For all of Doom's fullscreen images, there's now widescreen
* A simplified options menu is now available for quick setup of
the important settings.
* New keybindings presets. Users can now choose between the
classic layout and a WASD-based one.
* Menu and intermission screen now scale to the original
Doom.exe's layout by default.
* Major additions to the menu system - animated menu
transitions, image slideshows and fixed size menus can now be
* The console now uses the border flat as default background
instead of the titlepic.
* It is now possible to fully quit the fullscreen console and
get back to the title loop.
* Interpolate positions and angles in the automap for smoother
* Added $PitchSet for SNDINFO.
* Allow indirections in the string table by prefixing the
language string with '$$' the remaining text is interpreted
as another string label to resolve.
* Optimization of the patch texture checker - do not read in
the entire file if checking the initial header is sufficient
for rejecting it. This can speed up loading of large mods
* OPUS support (via libsndfile)
- Drop gzdoom-spirv.patch (merged)
* Tue Sep 15 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Drop Recommends for music backends
(this has moved to zmusic.spec)
- Demote Recommends to Suggests
* Wed Jun 17 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 4.4.2
* Made the new "Build" light mode operational
* Fri Jun 12 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add gzdoom-sdlbug.patch.
* Thu Jun 11 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 4.4.1
* Heretic's "bag of holding" had incorrectly given mace capacity.
* Mapped "Smooth mouse" back to the "m_filter" CVAR, and
removed the "smooth_mouse" CVAR.
* Fixed crash with texture upscaling in the truecolor software
* Fixed crash rendering 3D floors without ceiling or floor
textures in software.
* Sun Jun 07 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.4.0
* Heretic's "bag of holding" had incorrectly given mace ammo.
* Added per pixel lighting for decals.
* Added a compatibility option for a bad teleporter in the
final map of Strife.
* Add a cvar to control weapon bobbing while firing.
* Fixed crash on maps with out of range sidedef and sector
* Fixed missing sound for Polyobj_MoveTo.
* Attenuated lights for Strife.
* Added MTF_NOCOUNT to spawn flags.
- Drop gzdoom-system-gme.patch (moved to zmusic.spec),
gzdoom-dl.patch (unnecessary). Add gzdoom-spirv.patch.
* Wed Jan 29 2020 Michael Scafidi <email@example.com>
- Update to release 4.3.3
* fixed resetting of music volume after closing dialogue
* exposed Level.MusicVolume to ZScript
* fixed calling a function on string CVar
* added ability to filter VM disassembly dump
* add check for unity version of Nerve.wad
* infrastructure in place in case Nerve.wad changes again, this
can be extended.
* customized invulnerability colormap does not interfere with
* precache a few sounds being referenced in common game code.
* define misc/secret for Hexen, too. By now there are some mods
defining secrets for the game so this sound should be present
* Implement special colormap support for softpoly
* Softpoly: Fix broken fixed camera light for walls
* make nosave standalone CVar flag, alongside server and user
* implemented screenshots in softpoly backend
* Sun Jan 19 2020 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.3.2
* Added ML_NOSKYWALLS and ML_DRAWFULLHEIGHT
* Added support for new Bethesda.Net Unity Edition WADs.
* Sat Jan 11 2020 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 4.3.1
* New softpoly backend for the hardware renderer.
* Advanced texture colorization options.
* Scripted map postprocessor.
* Dictionary class for ZScript.
* Add PSPF_PLAYERTRANSLATED flag (makes a PSprite layer
translated to the user's color).
* Support for MIDI on Linux via ALSA sequencer.
* Tue Dec 17 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.2.4
* This is a bugfix release without new features. The notable
highlight is that this fixes translucent objects in the
- Add gzdoom-system-gme.patch, gzdoom-dl.patch
* Tue Oct 01 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Add gzdoom-asmjit.patch.
- Enable SSE/SSE2.
* Fri Sep 13 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.2.1
* Level compatibility additions for Scythe 2 and Hell Revealed.
* Add current, max and average velocity as stat.
* Let Hexen Cleric and Mage use unique health chains.
* Allow custom status bars to override notification and
centered message display.
* Improve crosshair health color to be more informative.
* Added obituary fallbacks for actors that do not have
- Remove fl2.patch (merged)
* Fri Aug 23 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 4.2.0
* The survey code has been re-enabled for this version: it sends
basic info about the operating system but no private data:
the number of CPU cores, the graphics card, and supported
* Restored original vanilla behavior of Lost Souls' charging
* Exposed Append() method to ZScript dynamic array
* Fixed an inconsistency with missiles bouncing off actors.
* Added A_SoundPitch and an optional pitch parameter to
A_PlaySound and S_Sound.
* Attachable dynamic lights with ZScript or DECORATE.
- Drop _service and gzdoom-wadsrc-extra.patch,
both unused since 4.1.3.
* Fri Aug 23 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Turn off LTO, it is broken. [boo#1142267]
* Sun Jun 09 2019 Martin Hauke <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 4.1.3
* bug fixes for both zscript and vulkan (the vulkan renderer is
pretty much complete at this point)
* added native double round(double) function
* added a crosshair on/off toggle
* cl_blockcheats 2 blocks cheats without showing any messages,
useful for streamers who happen to be mappers/modders/etc
- Update to new upstream release 4.1.0
* workaround buggy preprocessor in old AMD OpenGL drivers
* fix bloom pass regression
* fixed scale calculations for option menus.
* implement custom post process shaders for vulkan backend
* improve error handling during vulkan initialization
* fixed inverted logic for displaying the generic log in Strife.
- Remove patch:
* gzdoom-staticlibs.patch (fixed by upstream)
- Update patch:
* Mon Apr 08 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 4.0.0
* Experimental Vulkan renderer (via "+vid_backend 0" console
* Scaling has been changed. GZDoom now runs at a minimum of
640x400. An extra mode (960x600) has been added to replace the
lost 320x200 one.
* Added "cl_blockcheats" - useful for people who use debugging
keys, allows a user to consciously turn off cheats without
affecting the serveradd "cl_blockcheats" - useful for people
who use debugging keys, allows a user to consciously turn off
cheats without affecting the server
* "wait" console commands no longer execute inside the level,
and can run during intermissions and outside the game.
- Folded gzdoom-asmjit.patch into gzdoom-staticlibs.patch.
- Added gzdoom-vulkan.patch.
* Wed Jan 23 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 3.7.2
* The resolution selector now sets to auto detected resolution at
startup, no longer uses entries from the config file.
* Committing a scaling change for fullscreen sets scaling to 1.0
to guarantee the selected number of pixels are actually used.
* For details, see https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=63346
* Thu Jan 03 2019 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 3.7.1
* Expand UDMF and ZScript API for side's own additive colors
* Added NOFRICTION and NOFRICTIONBOUNCE actor flags
* Added an AMD64 JIT for DECORATE and ZScript
* Lights are now referenced by sections rather than surface, to
speed up light linking. This should allow a dynamically-lit
plasma bolt to pass over a 3D bridge in Frozen Time without
turning the game into a slide show.
* Add shader cache for Intel GPUs which should result in faster
- Add gzdoom-asmjit.patch
* Wed Nov 14 2018 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update description
* Thu Mar 30 2023 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add gcc13.diff
* Tue Feb 07 2023 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update gzdoom-vulkan.patch for glslang 12
* Sun Dec 04 2022 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.10.0
* Map<K,V> and MapIterator<K,V> for ZScript
* Quaternion support for model rotations
* Improved IQM support
- Delete 0001-build-unbreak-compilation-on-Linux.patch (merged)
* Sun Nov 06 2022 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update description for the removal of SoftPoly
* Sat Nov 05 2022 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.9.0
* IQM bone model support
* Textured particles
* The SoftPoly renderer was removed
- Delete gzdoom-sdlbug.patch (obsolete),
- Add 0001-build-unbreak-compilation-on-Linux.patch,
* Mon Oct 24 2022 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update gzdoom-vulkan.patch for glslang-11.12.
* Sun Jul 24 2022 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Replace 0001-Revert-load-the-hex-font-as-early-as-possible.patch
by better fix, 0001-fix-gzdoom.pk3-not-found-error.patch .
- Drop gzdoom-asmjit.patch (no longer needed; the linkage error
it used to fix seems just gone)
* Sun Jul 10 2022 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Disable rpath
* Tue Jul 05 2022 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 4.8.2
* add a few maps to the rebuildnodes compatibility block
* Sun Jun 26 2022 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 4.8.1
* Bugfix for software mode mirrors not working
* Feature: Add +ONLYVISIBLEINMIRRORS and +INVISIBLEINMIRRORS
actor flags. The former makes the actor only visible in
reflections, while the latter makes the actor not cast
reflections in mirrors.
- Drop 0001-Resolve-build-failure-on-i686-linux.patch (merged)
- Add 0001-Revert-use-static_assert-to-make-32-bit-builds-fail.patch
* Thu Jun 23 2022 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add 0001-Revert-load-the-hex-font-as-early-as-possible.patch
* Mon Jun 06 2022 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to release 4.8.0
* Added Raze-style HUD scaling. Not exposed in the menu yet,
Set hud_oldscale to 0 and use shift with the screen resize
keys to scale the status bar.
* Handle the start/endoom screens with the ingame renderer.
They are now present on all platforms and use the full screen
size of the game.
* Many MBF21 fixes.
* Added the cutscene system from Raze.
- Add gzdoom-discord.patch
- Add 0001-Resolve-build-failure-on-i686-linux.patch
* Sat Apr 23 2022 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reenable use of system vulkan libraries on Tumbleweed.
* Fri Apr 15 2022 Cristian Rodríguez <email@example.com>
- Drop unused nasm from buildrequires.
* Mon Jan 08 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream 3.2.5
* Implemented 'i_soundinbackground' to continue playing sounds
and music while in background.
* OpenGL rendering now continues even when losing focus if not
* Added 'playerrespawn' skill flag to allow gameplay mods to
retroactively enable player respawns in single player on
* Improved Advanced Sound Options menu - added option for
FluidSynth chorus, removed fractional part from FluidSynth
* Fixed applying of Doom 64 lighting to horizon portals.
* Particles are now interpolated.
- Use system lzma-sdk
- Add 0001-Update-LZMA-SDK-to-version-17.01.patch,
* Tue Jan 02 2018 email@example.com
- Remove zdoom from the specfile (which had built both zdoom and
gzdoom due to their similarity) and rename to gzdoom.spec.
- Update to new upstream release 3.2.4
* Recognition for the HacX 2.0 IWAD
* Recognition for the modified Doom 1/2/U IWADs and the "No Rest
for the Living" expansion pack shipped in the Doom3 BFG Edition.
* New GL3 node format for complex UDMF maps which need fractional
precision on node splitters.
* The ZScript scripting language has been added.
* A new 32-bit software renderer has been added.
The classic 8-bit renderer remains available.
- Add gzdoom-waddir.patch, gzdoom-staticlibs.patch.
* Sun Mar 24 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standardize on /usr/share/doom for IWADs.
- Per-user configuration is to be moved to ~/.config/zdoom
(XDG environment variables are not respected, though),
~/.config/gzdoom and ~/.config/zandronum for the different
game engines respectively.
* Thu Mar 21 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release zdoom-2.6.0+svn4191
* berserk indicator on alternative HUD
* support for BFG edition IWADs
* sound precaching through MAPINFO.
- Imported zandronum-1.0+hg3641 (formerly Skulltag)
* Tue Jul 10 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.6.0 (gzdoom-1.6.0)
* Added Hacx IWAD support.
* Added text-format Strife conversation system with USDF and ZSDF.
* A textured automap is now available; automap graphics are now
* Rewritten menu system, which can now be defined with the MENUDEF
* Externalized intermissions to MAPINFO.
* Externalized IWAD detection and gave each IWAD its own
independent config section.
* Added FluidSynth and GUS emulator softsynths; fixed issues with
* Added VOC support and enhanced MIDI playback with support for
alternative formats such as XMI and HMI.
* Action specials: Added Ceiling_LowerAndCrushDist and
Thing_SetConversation. Added console command to execute specials.
* ACS: Increased maximum script number from 999 to 32767.
* ACS: Named scripts allow to avoid script number conflicts
* ACS: Added StrCopy, CheckSight, SetActivator, SetPointer
* ACS: Added APROP_ScaleX/Y and APROP_Mass actor properties.
* ACS: Added temporary dynamic strings variables with StrParam.
* ACS: Scripts can now have up to four parameters.
* DECORATE: Added A_CheckFlag, A_FaceMaster, A_FaceTracer,
A_RadiusGive, A_SetMass, A_SetScale, A_Warp and A_WolfAttack...
* DECORATE: Enhanced A_AlertMonsters, A_BFGSpray, A_Blast,
A_CustomBulletAttack, A_FireBullets, A_GunFlash, A_PainAttack,
* DECORATE: Added an actor pointer manipulation system with several
* DECORATE: Added DOHARMSPECIES, DONTCORPSE, SEEINVISIBLE and
* DECORATE: Increased damage type flexibility in several ways with
DeathType and PainType.
* DECORATE: Added customizable fléchettes.
* DECORATE: Made accuracy and stamina accessible through DECORATE
* DECORATE: Added ProjectileKickback, Inventory.RestrictedTo and
Inventory.ForbiddenTo class-based properties.
* DECORATE: Backported VisibleToTeam, VisibleToPlayerClass and
weapon DropItem feature from Skulltag, and enhanced them.
* DECORATE: Added "Fast" keyword for states and deprecated the
unreliable FASTER and FASTMELEE flags.
* Added a secret hint system.
* 3D floors support.
* FraggleScript support.
* Voxel support.
* SBARINFO: Ammo 1/2 capacities added to DrawNumber, support for
color names in colored text.
* SNDINFO: Added musicalias and attenuation.
* Compatibility: fixed issues with Eternal Doom, Happy Time Circus,
Phobos, vanilla compat, Boom compat, light levels higher than
255, Heretic, Strife, MUSINFO, misnamed UDMF field.
* Fixed loading of BMF palettes.
* restart console command.
* Added PALVERS lump for specifying alternate graphics to use with
a paletted render, in case the graphics you really want to use
look bad without true color.
* Custom IWADs no longer need to include a COLORMAP, as ZDoom will
generate one automatically if it is missing.
* Fixed vertical tiling of non-power-of-two textures.
* Sat Nov 27 2010 email@example.com
- cmake is really weird when it comes to CFLAGS.
Pass :STRING= to make it actually use our flags.
- set RPM group for gzdoom to one that rpmlint accepts
- disable strip to make debuginfo packages work
- fix a crash caused by an uninitialized variable
* Fri Sep 10 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable building with experimental fluidsynth support
- Optimize PNGs before packing up
- Do not use FMODEx for building on non-x86
- Remove unneeded p7zip build dependency (repacked + patched
.tar.xz is used since a while)
- Update to ZDoom 2.5.0
* Obsoleted zdoom-binutils.diff
- Update to GZDoom 1.5.02
* Fri Jul 30 2010 email@example.com
- Add patch to workaround compile issues with binutils 2.20.0
* Wed Jul 28 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Split up zdoom package into its components
- zdoom, gzdoom, zdoom-devel