* Mon Feb 24 2020 Sebastien CHAVAUX <email@example.com>
- Update to version 1.8.1:
* Issue #443: MathJax 3.0 is now built into the HTML preview. Note that this feature works best with Pandoc and requires an Internet connection. Other Markdown processors are not currently supported.
* Issue #447: Cursor is no longer shown when editor is not in focus.
* Issue #461: Fixed Cheat Sheet to have correct image example.
* Issue #471: HUD window styling is fixed for Qt 5.13.
* Issue #472: Fixed typing paused timers for session statistics and for hiding HUD windows.
* Discount is not listed as an available Markdown processor if MultiMarkdown is installed.
* New application translations are available for the following languages:
* Wed May 01 2019 Sebastien CHAVAUX <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.8.0:
* New Features: HTML preview has been ported from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine (Chromium).
* Issue #206: ghostwriter now has right-to-left language support.
* Issue #391: mathml option for pandoc is now used to render math equations for preview and export.
* Issue #411: Fixed crash when adding a new theme with no theme selected.
* Issue #412: Fixed export to PDF (wkhtmltopdf) failure with Pandoc.
* Issue #430: Fixed issue extra spaces appearing between <br/> tags in the HTML preview.
* Removed print support, since it has some odd bugs on some platforms, and most users would want to print their exported content anyway.
* Removed graphics fade effect for the bottom of the editor, as it is a risky feature that has caused bugs in the past and does not work on HiDPI screens.
* Fri Dec 14 2018 Sebastien CHAVAUX <email@example.com>
- Update to version 1.7.4:
* Issue #178: Only use --quiet option for Pandoc version 2 or greater.
* Fixed words-per-minute calculations to not be jumpy or overly high.
* Fixed issue where creating a new theme resulted in inconsistent selection and display of themes in the Theme Selection dialog.
* Fixed broken icon when running under Wayland.
* Fixed screenshots in appdata.
* Issue #385: Updated resource files license to CC BY-SA 4.0.
* Fri Aug 24 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.7.3:
* Fixed segfault that occurred when changing the theme or interface style after opening the Preview Options dialog.
* Tue Jul 31 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.7.2:
* Fixed issue where the --quiet option was mistakenly used with older Pandoc versions that did not support its use.
* Worked around Qt 5.11 qinstall bug where running qmake and make would fail when installing the translation files
* Mon Jul 23 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.7.1
* Fixed regression in full screen mode where menu bar was not showing on mouse-over.
* Fixed regression where wrong theme was shown as selected on opening the Theme Selection dialog.
* Fixed issue #366 where warnings from Pandoc that were resulting in error dialogs on successful export.
* Fixed issue #292 where saving a document under Windows resulted in end-of-line characters being written as \n instead of \r\n.
* Fixed issue #360 where a graphical glitch under MacOS disabled the Theme Selection dialog's remove theme button.
* Wed Jul 18 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.7.0
* Added light and dark built-in themes based on the community Ulysses III theme Plainstraction.
* @sbrl added a new Github Dark built-in stylesheet for use with the live preview.
* Live preview has been optimized to show the preview for typed characters immediately on smaller documents.
* Added ODT and EPUB 3 as export options for MultiMarkdown 6.
* Theme selection dialog now displays a grid instead of a list.
* The menu bar is now hidden again in full screen mode when the user presses Alt+Tab to switch to a different application.
* Fixed issue #354 to disable hard line breaks for Pandoc's Github-flavored Markdown.
* Worked around issue in Qt 5.11 where changing the theme causes the app to crash.
* Worked around issue in Qt 5.10 where opening a new document with a document already loaded can cause the app to crash.
* Mon Apr 16 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.6.2
* Issue #315: Worked around slow load of QPrinter constructor in
Fedora 27 by lazy loading the printer settings only when needed
for printing or print preview rather than during application
* Fixed line break tokenizing to not include paragraph breaks.
* Mon Apr 09 2018 email@example.com
- New upstream release, update to version 1.6.1
* Worked around an issue with Qt version 5.10 that causes the
application to occasionally crash when reloading the currently
opened document or when opening a new document due to the text
cursor not being set to the beginning of the document before
clearing the editor and loading the new document.
* Mon Apr 09 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Run spec-cleaner
- Drop not needed scriplets
* Sun Apr 08 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.6.0
* HTML live preview is now in a split pane view rather than in a
* New options were added to hide HUD windows while typing, in full
screen mode, or in live preview mode.
* A new button was added to the status bar and a new shortcut was
added to the View menu in the menu bar to toggle hiding/showing the
* Github's cmark-gfm can now be detected and used as a Markdown
* Block quotes and code blocks now have an inobtrusive background
color to differentiate them.
* Buttons have been added to the status for existing features.
* HUD windows and scrollbars can be stylized to have square or
rounded corners in the Settings, and are no longer theme dependent.
* New "Typewriter" focus mode was added by @hirschenberger.
* The style sheet and Markdown processor to use with the HTML live
preview can now be selected in their own dialog box accessible both
from the status bar at the bottom of the window and from the menu bar
in the Settings menu.
* The "Copy HTML" button has been moved to the "status bar" at the
bottom of the main window.
* The "Copy HTML" button / menu bar option can copy just the selected
Markdown text as HTML (using the currently selected Markdown
processor). It will still copy the entire Markdown text document and
convert it to HTML in the system clipboard if no text is selected.
* Themes now support options for emphasis color and block text color.
Note that emphasis color will also affect the color of headings, and
block text color will affect the color of block quotes and code blocks.
* Issue #302: ghostwriter will now look for default Qt
translations on the standard Qt translations path
(for standard buttons/text). These default Qt translations
have been included in the Windows installer translations
folder and portable Windows Zip, and will be loaded automatically
based on the currently selected application language.
* Some tweaks have been made to the parsing/highlighting of
emphasized text to handle nested emphasis cases better. As part
of this effort, ghostwriter uses a Qt 5-specific regular
expression class that is not available in Qt 4. As such,
ghostwriter can no longer be built with Qt and must be built with
* Issue #272: Fixed issue with Focus mode where inserting
matching characters around a selection was causing the application
* Issue #260: Added compatability with Pandoc version 2 and
MultiMarkdown version 6.
* Fixed issue where HTML preview scrolls to the top if the new
HTML from a modified document matches the old HTML, even if the
markup used in the source document did change.
* Fixed issue where current word is not live spell checked if the
user switches the text cursor to a different line.
* Fixed issue where prompt to reload a file that has been modified
externally was being displayed multiple times per file change. This
seems to have been triggered by some editors like Sublime Text that
perform multiple file saves for a single file modification.
* Issue #228: Selected text can now be dragged and dropped to a
different location within the editor.
* Fixed issue where if setext heading markup line is selected and
deleted with the cursor position beginning at the end of the previous
line, the heading is not removed from the Outline HUD.
* Fixed issue where Preview HTML menu item and button were not in
sync to appear checked or unchecked.
* ghostwriter now clears the Outline HUD when loading or reloading
a document to prevent a crash in case bad data is in the HUD.
* Fixed copy HTML issue to ensure Markdown text has proper formatting
(i.e., greater than signs aren't converted to >).
* ghostwriter will now search in the mozilla-dicts installation
location for dictionaries on OpenBSD.
* Fri Nov 03 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update suggested packages and recommend virtual package markdown
* Sun May 28 2017 email@example.com
- Update suggested packages
* Sat May 27 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.5.0
* HUD windows can now be closed using the Esc key when they have
* A new option has been added to highlight double spaces at the
end of a line.
* Github-style task lists can now be made using the * and +
bullet point characters, in addition to the - character.
* Support for ConTeXt and wkhtmltopdf when exporting to PDF with
Pandoc has been added.
* Auto-matching characters for selected text now respects the
existing preferences for the matching done while typing without
* Typing a single quote (') will no longer result in a second
quote being automatically inserted after the cursor if the
cursor is positioned in the middle of a word.
* Most settings have been moved into a new Preferences dialog to
accommodate the ever increasing number of application options.
* Font size can now be increased by pressing Ctrl+=or decreased
by pressing Ctrl+-. It can also be changed by using Ctrl and
the mouse wheel.
* When exporting to other file formats, the output file will be
opened after export with its default application.
* E-books created using Pandoc will now also be generated with a
table of contents.
* When passing in a file path via the command line, a new file
will be created with that path if it does not already exist.
* When typing a * character, ghostwriter would auto-insert a
second '*' character in anticipation of emphasized text. The
auto-inserted second * will now be removed if a space is typed
to accommodate a bullet list instead.
* Rudimentary support for HiDPI has been added. See notes below.
* Various performance enhancements and tweaks have been made
under the hood.
* Hyphenated words are now considered one word for spell checking
* ghostwriter can now be built from its source tarball without
needing git to be installed.
* Linux desktop file now specifies that ghostwriter can open only
one file from the command line rather than multiple files.
* Ctrl+M now opens the HTML Preview instead of Ctrl+W. This is to
avoid a conflict with closing windows in Linux.
* Copy and paste no longer makes the word count jump.
* Sundry minor fixes have been added.
* Sun Feb 19 2017 email@example.com
- Split lang subpackage and generate/install translations
- Suggest MultiMarkdown-5 as well
* Thu Sep 08 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.4.2:
* Issue #113: Full screen clock now displays time based on
* Issue #119: Null characters, which had been breaking the HTML
preview, are no longer inserted when typing over selecting text.
* Issue #121: Code fences are now correctly highlighted when they
contain blank lines.
* Issue #123: Statistics HUDs now have proper padding when
alternating row colors is enabled.
* Issue #125: The translations folder has been moved up one
folder for the portable distribution of ghostwriter.
* Sundry minor fixes have been added.
* Mon Aug 15 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.4.1:
* Pressing backspace at the end of a line no longer deletes
adjacent line breaks.
* Renaming a theme no longer removes its background image.
* Main window is now rendered correctly when transitioning
between full screen mode and maximized. Main window also
remembers its normal size upon being restored from maximized
after having been in full screen mode previously.
* Wed Jul 27 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.4.0:
* The time of day optionally displays in full screen mode.
* The recent file history size has been increased to 10.
* The menu bar will optionally auto-hide in full screen mode when
the mouse is not hovering over it.
* All new Hemingway mode button will disable backspace and
* Two new HUDs display statistical information on the current
writing session and document.
* Auto-matched characters can be customized.
* Pandoc PDF export now has better defaults for margins and
* Shortcut keys using Alt now use Ctrl to avoid conflicts with
OS shortcut keys and to better accommodate non-USA keyboards.
* High DPI scaling has been enabled for Qt 5.6 and above.
* Dragging and dropping an image into the editor will now insert
the image link at the mouse location.
* Classic Light and Classic Dark themes have new color palettes.
* Various aesthetics have been added to the main window.
* New application translations are available for the following
+ Portuguese (Brazil)
* Sundry other fixes have been added.
* Thu May 05 2016 email@example.com
- Trim description to relevant parts.
* Sat Apr 30 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package for version 1.3.1