* Wed Apr 15 2020 Antonio Larrosa <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 20200314:
* FontForge now has much improved stroke expansion functionality.
The main change is that it actually works most of the time. New
features include support for arbitrary convex nibs and the
miter-clip and arc join styles from SVG 2. All functionality is
accessible from the Python and native APIs.
* Remove overlap handles certain important edge cases better.
* The Python API now has a function called genericGlyphChange
that matches the "Change Glyph" command in the GUI. See #4133
for more details.
* The Python API now has functions for getting Unicode script and
for interrogating glyph boundaries.
* One can now use text flags (rather than just numerical flags)
when opening a font file via the Python API.
* UFO import now outputs the note field properly.
* SVG import is much more robust.
* We have dropped most gnulib and autotools logic in favor of
CMake, which dramatically simplifies the build system and just
as dramatically improves build time.
* As part of the switch to CMake, per the deprecation of
Python 2, and per the lack of objections to the proposal on
the mailing list, we have dropped support for building
FontForge with Python 2 support. The non-build-system Python 2
code remains, but it is neither tested nor maintained nor
supported and is likely to follow a trajectory of decay and
* Documentation is now rendered in Sphinx, which makes
maintenance and improvement easier.
* Translations now happen on crowdin, which makes contributions
* We got such a contribution for Croatian.
* Character view point coloring is more consistent, and preview
fills support transparency.
* The user can now move and close tabs in the character view.
* The metrics view now allows for entry of negative kerning
values and runs a bit more smoothly.
* There is now a warning when a user is about to discard an
* We fixed bugs all over, as always, with particular attention
given to the metrics view, Python, Spiro, and high-resolution
* Notes on build system changes:
+ libgutils and libgunicode have been combined into
+ libgdraw and libfontforgeexe have been combined into the
fontforge executable itself
+ No development files are installed (headers, or pkg-config).
This is because we do not provide a stable API or ABI to work
against, nor are the headers actually well configured to be
used externally. We are also not aware of any maintained
product that compiles against FontForge itself.
* Fixes use-after-free (heap) in the SFD_GetFontMetaData()
function and fix NULL pointer dereference in the
SFDGetSpiros() and SFD_AssignLookups() function(bnc#1160220,
bnc#1160236, CVE-2020-5395, CVE-2020-5496).
- Drop patch that isn't needed anymore:
- Add patches to fix build:
* fix-sphinx-doc.patch (only for Leap 15.2)
* Wed Oct 30 2019 Ond?ej Súkup <email@example.com>
- add python38_config.patch to build with python-3.8
* Wed Aug 21 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- version update to 20190801 [bsc#1145185]
* Added Croatian translation
* Added user decompositions
* New graphic for the splash/about screen
* Images embedded in SFDs are now serialised as PNGs
* Both the Windows and Mac builds are now built with Python 3 instead of Python 2.
* The minimum supported version for the Mac build is now MacOS Sierra (10.12)
* FontForge no longer uses gnulib
* collab support has been removed
* Complete GDK support, enabled by default on Windows and Macintosh, from @jtanx.
* Enhanced UFO 3 support, with separate import/export paths for UFO 2 and UFO 3,
from @frank-trampe. See the technical bulletin here for more information.
* Improved feature file support, from @skef and @khaledhosny.
* WOFF2 support, from @jtanx.
* Unicode 12.1.0 support, from @JoesCat.
* Extended Python interfaces, from @skef.
- modified patches
% fontforge-version.patch (refreshed)
- deleted patches
- reproducible.patch (upstreamed)
* Wed Aug 01 2018 email@example.com
- Add reproducible.patch to override font build dates (boo#1047218)
- repack sources to .xz since we have to repack already
* Mon Dec 18 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 20170731
* This incorporates a large number of adjustments and fixes.
* Thu Nov 09 2017 email@example.com
- switch to python 3
* Fri Dec 09 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 20161005 [bsc#1014793]:
* This release introduces a new icon set, new functionality for
custom icon selection graphics, support for GlyphOrderAndAliasDB
files, and support for Unicode 9.0.
* It also fixes a number of small bugs relating to certain bitmap
typefaces, stroke expansion, handling of CID ranges, and the
- removed upstreamed patches:
* Tue Jan 26 2016 email@example.com
- do not crash on invalid input data (when eof reached) [bsc#963023]
* Wed Dec 16 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 20150824: This fixes a few bugs, including some in
U. F. O. kerning classes and FreeType rasterization, and adds
a Korean translation.
* Mon May 11 2015 email@example.com
- updated to 20150430: this release includes a few bug fixes,
performance enhancements, and refreshed icons.
- download uthash when get-source.sh
- fontforge --version now returns fontforge release version
* Fri May 01 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- also repackage the broken gnulib links to fix build with
* Mon Apr 20 2015 email@example.com
- repack source [bnc#926061]
* Tue Mar 31 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to 20150330:
* fixes a few crashes, enhances round-tripping of information in
certain file formats, and fixes some bad logic
* adds support for fine point adjustment
* etc. see https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge/releases
- remove %requires_ge libpng16-16 as it seems fontforge is not so
- doc is generated
- remove pfaedit compat
- removed patches (upstreamed or not needed):
* Thu Feb 05 2015 email@example.com
- added propagate-creation-and-modification-times-to-ttf.patch from
debian's reproducible build project to get reproducible font builds
* Thu Oct 02 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleanup BuildRequires, in particular do not use legacy
* Sat May 31 2014 email@example.com
- Update fontforge-fixgiflib.patch to support giflib7-5.1
* Mon Mar 17 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed linking against libpng (1.5, 1.6) [bnc#867041]
* added fontforge-libpng.diff
* removed libpng14-dynamic.diff
- spec file cleanup
* call spec-cleaner
* fontforge-20090622-fdleak.patch renamed to fontforge-fdleak.patch
* docdir.patch renamed to fontforge-docdir.patch
* Sun Mar 09 2014 email@example.com
- fontforge-arraysubscript.patch: Fix invalid array subscript
* Thu Nov 14 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put documentation into a separate subpackage
- Spruce of description of fontforge-devel a bit
- File list simplification/exactness
* Mon Sep 09 2013 email@example.com
- add fontforge-fixgiflib.patch to fix build with giflib 5.0.5
* Tue Apr 16 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- use %requires_eq rather than %requires_ge (exact version)
* Tue Apr 16 2013 email@example.com
- %requires_ge libpng16-16 to avoid
'Application built with libpng-1.5.14 but running with 1.6.1'
warning when running fontforge
* Fri Jan 04 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build with cairo and pango support
* Sun Dec 30 2012 email@example.com
- Update to 20120731b
* see included changelog.html for details
* removed obsolete fontforge.py27.diff
* removed obsolete fontforge-missing-closedir.diff
* removed obsolete libpng14.diff