* Sun Sep 05 2021 saku nix <email@example.com>
- Version update to 1.12
* NPC interactions are now canceled when the player is attacked.
?combat_aborts_npc_interact? has been added to engine/misc.txt to control
* Added ?bar_fill_offset? and ?bar_fill_size? to MenuStatBar and MenuEnemy
* Added support for fading out combat text. See the ?fade_duration? property
* Added ?save_oncutscene? property to engine/misc.txt. Saving before a cutscene
was previously controlled with ?save_onload?, which caused issues with
cutscenes when set to false.
* Added ?save_anywhere? property to engine/misc.txt. This allows for saving
via the pause menu. (m7600)
* Added display of enemies, allies, NPCs, and intermap teleport events to the
* Added support for defining the colors of tiles and entities on the minimap.
* Added ?show_on_minimap? event component. Currently, this only applies to
intermap teleport events.
* Added ?show_on_minimap? property to NPCs.
* Properties that take an alignment can now be aligned to the menu frame.
* Support multiple images in animation definitions. (bloodhero)
* Expanded slot widget configuration in engine/widget_settings.txt. Quantity
text color can be changed, as well as label settings for displaying hotkeys.
* Re-implemented displaying hotkeys on action bar slots.
* Support for ?item:quantity? syntax for Event properties: ?requires_item?,
?requires_not_item?, ?remove_item?, and ?reward_item?.
* Added ?show_randomize? property to new game menu configuration.
* Added ?disable_equip_slots? property for passive powers.
* ?Block? powers can now use post_power to trigger a power when taking damage.
* Power descriptions are now displayed in action bar tooltips. This can be
controlled with the ?tooltip_length? property in menus/actionbar.txt.
* A dialog box is now displayed instead of a log message when the player dies,
giving the options to exit or respawn (if applicable).
* Added movement input type dialog box. It is displayed for new players to
easily select between keyboard, mouse, and joystick movement.
* Added ??safe-video? command line option. For troubleshooting purposes, this
feature is displayed as an option when starting after a potential crash.
* The ?categories? property has been extended to the player character. The
Power property ?target_categories? can now be used for the player as a result.
* The ability to stash quest items can now be controlled with the ?no_stash? property.
* Added a button for opening the pause/configuration menu as part of the minimap.
* Added ?script? property to items. This removes the need to create a power in
order to execute a script via activating an item.
* Player ?melee_range? is now configurable in engine/stats.txt.
* Added comparison tooltips for items. These can be disabled in the Interface
settings. (r-a-cristian-93, Justin Jacobs)
* Added ?parallax_layers? property to Events. This functions exactly like the
Map property of the same name.
* Added ?visible?, ?visible_check_locked?, and ?visible_check_status? to powers
and upgrades in power trees.
* Added ?requires_status? and ?requires_not_status? to powers and upgrades in
power trees. ?visible_requires_status? and ?visible_requires_not_status?
have been marked as deprecated.
* Added ?on_interact? as a possible value for Event types. Essentially the
same as ?on_trigger?, except the event can ONLY be activated through the hotspot.
* Support an arbitrary number of Stash tabs. Each tab has a display name and
an ?is_private? flag.
* Added ?save_onstash? property to engine/misc.txt, so it is now possible to
disable the automatic save when modifying stash contents.
* The player?s last used Stash tab is now remembered across sessions.
* Added the ability for NPCs to join the player?s party. (Igor Paliychuk)
* Added support for the ?delay? property used by Events contained in script files.
* Added ?Frame Limit? option to Video settings.
* Added ?Maximum Render Size? option to Video settings.
* Improved visual indication of which item set bonuses are active.
* Support enabling touch screen controls on non-Android systems.
* Added ?Touch Gamepad Scale? option to Input settings.
* Support fullscreen mode in the Emscripten port.
* Added scrollbar.bg_color to engine/widget_settings.txt.
* Updates to package_osx.sh, including usage of Homebrew for dependencies (ludoza)
* Fix memory leak of tab control in stash menu (MiroslavR)
* Fixed stat bars not having any fill when the value they were representing was
non-zero. Now they will always show at least 1 pixel of the bar?s fill graphics.
* Fixed a bug where the game window could be resized below the minimum size after
exiting fullscreen mode.
* Removed the default resolution scaling when virtual_heights is undefined.
* Improved performance when checking map event hotspots.
* Fix Windows-style paths with backslashes not working on non-Windows systems.
* Prevent allies counting as attack targets when using mouse movement.
* Fix needing to press the ?Cancel? key twice to exit the vendor menu.
* Fix unintended key presses being registered when quitting the game via an OS
* Fix divide-by-zero crash when using the dev HUD with a game that uses
* Fixed a memory leak in Loot copy constructor.
* Fixed ?resist_percent? property of engine/combat.txt not working when targets
had 100% resistance.
* Support attack_speed effects with a magnitude less than 100%.
* Fixed bug where dead entities could steal HP/MP.
* Fix broken parsing of engine/default_keybindings.txt.
* Fix Effect animations not being synced properly in some cases.
* Removed hard-coded restrictions on using items from the inventory. Now any
item that has a power and is not equipment can be used.
* Fix crash when fonts are missing. The engine will try to fall back to the next
available font for the current language.
* Background color when using sdl_hardware renderer no longer fills entire
window, instead only filling the drawing surface as it should.
* Fix crash when loading a cutscene from a book event.
* Fix infinite transformation loop when dying in a transformed state that was
activated by a passive power.
* Fix bug where the player wasn?t returned to their normal state after dying
in a transformed state.
* Prevent combat text from overlapping.
* Improved performance when handling many status effects.
* Improved performance when an entity is repeatedly unable to find a path to
* Fix bug where killing an enemy with return damage would not set defeat status
or reward XP/loot.
* Fix check of item requirements when a power requires an item but doesn?t
* Fix ?respec? events to no longer remove item-based powers from the action bar.
* Fix log message when gaining more than one level at once.
* Fixed excessive memory usage when using Items, ItemSets, and Powers with high-value IDs.
* Fix bug where power upgrades that didn?t require power points would not
automatically upgrade if other requirements were met.
* Fix infinite loop bug when a power?s list of upgrades contains the base power ID.
* Fix infinite loop bug when locking power upgrades.
* The executable directory is now used when trying to find PATH_DATA on Linux. (r-a-cristian-93)
* Fix ?corpse_timeout? in engine/misc.txt being parsed incorrectly (r-a-cristian-93)
* Reworked camera speed curve to prevent graphical ?wiggle? during slow movement.
* Fix missing effect description text in power tooltips when using built-in types.
* Fix static events not executing on the same frame as on_load events.
* Fix parsing bug in power trees that would save base power properties to an upgrade power.
* Fix on_load events with requires_class not working in maps/spawn.txt
* Fix timing of Effects so that the first ?tick? happens immediately.
* Fix ?Press button to use? prompt no showing up for some items.
* Fix loud loot drop sound effect when there are a large number of drops at once.
* Fix incorrect HP/MP regen for high regen values and high frame limits.
* Fix camera, parallax layer, and cutscene speeds when using alternative frame limits.
* Fix not restoring fullscreen option when pressing Cancel or Defaults in config menu.
* Smoother scrolling in WidgetScrollBox.
* Fix click-and-drag behavior on WidgetTabControl, WidgetSlider, and WidgetScrollBar.
* Fix dialog topics being auto-selected when they shouldn?t for non-vendor NPCs.
* Sun Jul 28 2019 Max Mitschke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Version update to 1.11
* Players now have their own private stash in addition to the
* Expanded the 'no_stash' Item variable to account for having
* Fix bug where items could be dragged from the vendor window and
dropped in the opposite vendor tab.
* Fix bug that caused item max_quantity to be reset when attempting
to append an item definition.
* Fix bug where Powers with 'replace_by_effect' would still use
properties from the parent power, such as animation state.
- Removed post/postun macros since they are no longer needed with
Leap 42.3 going end-of-life.
* Sat May 18 2019 Max Mitschke <email@example.com>
- Version update to 1.10
* The configuration menu has been redesigned and is now used as the pause menu.
* The interface features from version 1.09 have been reverted due to being
accessible from the pause menu.
* Added an Interface option to disable showing hidden entity markers.
* Support floating point values for loot drop chance values.
* Add ?hide_timeout? option to stat bar configuration to support auto-hiding.
* Added an Interface option to disable stat bar auto-hiding globally.
* Add ?no_stash? property to item definitions to prevent items from being
placed in the stash.
* Add low HP notification system. (Leszek Cima?a)
* Add ability to change the minimap zoom level by clicking on the minimap.
* Fixed event activation being tied to distance to the camera position. It is
now correctly tied to distance from the player.
* Mouse movement and mouse aim now calculate direction relative to the player
instead of relative to the screen.
* Fixed enemy AI so that enemies can now enter combat if a hero ally is in
* Fix ?data-path command line flag on Windows.
* Fixed dialog not being available if it lacked a topic.
* Fixed loot drop rate bonus having no effect when loot drop chance was too
* Fix bug where the wrong requirements were checked for passive powers that
had been granted bonus points.
* Items that can?t be stashed are now dropped on the ground upon opening the
* Prevent re-binding the primary Main1 binding, which could break many
* Removed the ability to re-bind the Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and Delete keys, since
they correspond to specific keyboard keys.
* Fix crash when trying to load a mod that contained
* Display XP stat bar value as relative to current level instead of total XP.
* Fix key bindings not working when switched to a non-US keyboard layout.
* Fix segfault when NPC filename is invalid.
* Fix inventory tooltips covering books when using no mouse.
* Fix navigation of dialog menu when using no mouse.
* Fix upgrading powers when using no mouse.
* When using the sdl_hardware renderer on Windows, OpenGL will now be used
instead of Direct3D. This fixes the loss of some textures when resizing
* Fixed the ?level up? string to represent the ability to allocate multiple
stat points. Also note if Power points can be allocated.
* Refactored ?requires_hpmp_state? for Powers to check against both stats at
once. See the attribute reference for syntax changes.
* Greatly improved performance of loot tooltips.
* Fix bug where high item find chance prevented the player from finding
* Mon Dec 17 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Version update to 1.09.01
* Fixed assertion/crash when engaging in dialog.
* Updated Ukranian translations
- Version update to 1.09
* Add ?save_pos_onexit? to engine/misc.txt for saving the
player?s current position upon exiting.
* Add ?toggle_fps? to the developer console commands.
* Add a video setting to disable parallax layers.
* Add ability to use icons in books.
* Add item property ?book_is_readable? to control displaying
?read? vs ?use? in item tooltips.
* Add renderer support for batching calls to local pixel drawing.
This speeds up the pre-render of the minimap.
* Add support for shadows on book text via ?text_shadow?.
* Add tooltips to language list to show language codes.
* Added ?colorblind_highlight_offset? and listbox ?text_margin?
* Added a 2x zoom mode for the mini-map.
* Added a compass to the minimap.
* Added Catalan translations
* Added support for dialog responses. For any line of dialog, a
list of response topics can be given.
* Closing a book with the ?Cancel? key no longer closes all
* Dialog options are no longer shown in a separate menu, but are
instead part of the main dialog window.
* Fix book open sound effect not being played in all cases.
* Fix buttons and checkboxes not handling clicks while the
?Accept? key is pressed.
* Fix handling of disabled widgets when using keyboard navigation.
* Fix incorrect descriptions of controls on mobile devices.
* Fix potential memory leak when redefining images in books.
* Fixed a bug where looped map sounds wouldn?t play if the player
entered the map with a sound volume of 0, but later raised
* Fixed shrinking tab widgets when widow was resized.
* Loot tooltips can now be hidden when entities are near pieces of
loot. The setting ?hide_radius? has been added to engine/loot.txt
to control this.
* Make strings related to elements more translator-friendly.
* Missing items now maintain their stack quantity when moved around.
* Moved several interface options to the actionbar. Loot tooltips,
combat text, statbar labels, and mini-map mode can be adjusted.
* Moved the interface option for automatically equipping items to
the Inventory menu.
* New mouse movement options to swap the movement button and/or
restrict the movement button to be movement-only.
* Overhead markers are now displayed for entities that are
obscured by tall tiles.
* Redesigned mouse movement with better handling of non-melee attacks.
* Remove broken ?font_fallback? from engine/font_settings.txt.
* Updated translations for German, Scottish Gaelic,
Brazilian Portueguese, Ukranian, Vietnamese
* Using consumables from the Inventory menu will now subtract from
the stack that was clicked on.
* Widgets that use custom images can now fall back to the
default image if the custom image is missing
(instead of exiting in failure).
- Updated location of flare-engine data directory to follow
- Added more CMake build params to to have install process
follow packaging standards
* Tue Oct 23 2018 email@example.com
- Version update to 1.08
* Updated translations for German, French, Scottish Gaelic and
* Sun Jun 17 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Version update to 1.06
* Wed Mar 14 2018 email@example.com
- Trim bias and filler wording from description.
* Wed Mar 14 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Version update to 1.0 release:
* No real upstream changelog but first non-alpha release supporting
big campaign mode.
- Remove unused condition for license
- Cleanup a bit
* Mon Jun 27 2016 email@example.com
- Prevented openSUSE 13.1' error (invalid-license CC-BY-SA-4.0).
* Sun May 29 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Version bump to 0.20:
* no upstream changelog.
- Tarball & spec for data subpackage.
- License, *Requires, %description were fixed up.
- RelWithDebInfo build type to provide debuginfo.
- Verbose make.
- Valid %post(un).
* Thu Nov 20 2014 email@example.com
- Version bump to 0.19:
* Lots of various improvements. See ChangeLog
- Remove _service and use rather tarball next to pkg with possiblity to
local service run of download_files
- Use cmake macro and overall cleanup of .spec
* Sat Apr 06 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0.18 release
* 10 Equipment Slots, up from 4 (and easily configurable)
* Starting "Class" choice (beginner's power/item kit)
* Environmental/Ambient Sounds on maps
* Much improved handling of Animations, Effects, and Sounds
* New Powers: Stealth, Traps, Thrown Weapons
* New Item Bonuses: XP gain, Gold Find, Item Find, and more
* Improved support for various input devices
- Service source_validator was enabled.
- Spec header was fixed up according to distro policy.
- Sources were moved from GitHub to SourceForge.
- Spec was fixed up via `spec-cleaner`.
- Requires hicolor-icon-theme not to pack unnecessary dirs.
- Python became recommended, not required.
- xgettext.py & readme.txt might be executable.
* Tue Oct 02 2012 email@example.com
- 0.17.1 release
* Instant-sell items now go to the vendor Buyback tab
* Disable New/Load buttons if there is no story mod loaded
* Prevent crash when binding higher number mouse buttons
* Prevent crash when loading a map with missing layers
* Add helpful tooltips when play buttons are disabled
* Removed -flto compiler flag from default build script
* Sun Sep 30 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0.17 release
* All menus now easy to mod/reskin
* New Powers tree with traditional tabs and spendable points
* Shared Stash! Collect epics, hoard resist gear, or buff your new characters
* Warp Zone - fast-travel map to get around the alpha demo campaign
- Clean section was removed.
- Url was updated.
* Sun Jul 08 2012 email@example.com
- 0.16 release
* Improved enemy pathfinding, including flying creatures
* Summon or transform into enemies!
* Config menu including keybindings, mods, and more
* Orthogonal map support
* Thu May 31 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Configuration menu was implemented
- Build improvements
* Cmake build type became "RelWithDebInfo"
* Cmake verbose makefile became "True"
* Binary path fixing patch was replaced by cmake option.
* Rpm optimisation flags were enabled.
* Sun Dec 25 2011 email@example.com
- 0.15.1 release
* Fixes a couple issues (build flags, random enemy groups)
* Fri Dec 23 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0.15 release
* Now using TTF for fonts
* All game data can be overwritten/added via mods
* Translation support for the core engine and mods
* New Grassland tileset
* New questing areas: Frontier and Living Bones
* Redesigned creatures are tougher and more varied