dc3dd is a patched version of GNU dd to include a number of features useful
for computer forensics. Many of these features were inspired by dcfldd, but
were rewritten for dc3dd.
- Pattern writes. The program can write a single hexadecimal value or a text
string to the output device for wiping purposes.
- Piecewise and overall hashing with multiple algorithms and variable size
windows. Supports MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512. Hashes can be computed
before or after conversions are made.
- Progress meter with automatic input/output file size probing
- Combined log for hashes and errors
- Error grouping. Produces one error message for identical sequential errors
- Verify mode. Able to repeat any transformations done to the input file and
compare it to an output.
- Ability to split the output into chunks with numerical or alphabetic