* Fri Mar 12 2021 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to release 1.12
* Make -o behave like -c, but writing to file instead of stdout.
* Make -c and -o check whether the output is a terminal
* Thu Mar 14 2019 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 1.11
* No changes; just a version bump.
* Fri Dec 14 2018 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 1.11~rc1
* Detection of forbidden combinations of characters in trailing
data has been improved.
* Mon Mar 05 2018 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.10
* The option "--loose-trailing" has been added.
* The test used by clzip to discriminate trailing data from a
corrupt header in multimember or concatenated files has been
improved to a Hamming distance of 3.
* The "-S" option now keeps input files unchanged.
* Thu May 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.9:
* The option '-l, --list' has been ported from lziprecover.
* It is now an error to specify two or more different operations
in the command line (--decompress, --list or --test).
* Compression time of option '-0' has been reduced by 6%.
* Compression time of options '-1' to '-9' has been reduced by 1%.
* Decompression time has been reduced by 7%.
* In test mode, clzip now continues checking the rest of the
files if any input file is a terminal.
* Trailing data are now shown both in hexadecimal and as a string
of printable ASCII characters.
* Three missing chapters have been added to the manual, which
now contains all the chapters of the lzip manual.
* Sat May 28 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 1.8:
* main.c: Added new option '-a, --trailing-error'.
* main.c (decompress): Print up to 6 bytes of trailing data
when '-vvvv' is specified.
* decoder.c (LZd_verify_trailer): Removed test of final code.
* main.c (main): Delete '--output' file if infd is a terminal.
* main.c (main): Don't use stdin more than once.
* lzip.texi: Added chapter 'Trailing data'.
* configure: Avoid warning on some shells when testing for gcc.
* Makefile.in: Detect the existence of install-info.
* testsuite/check.sh: A POSIX shell is required to run the tests.
* testsuite/check.sh: Don't check error messages.
- Run internal testsuite
* Thu Aug 06 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.7
* The option "-0", which produces a compression speed and ratio
comparable to those of gzip, has been ported from lzip.
* Wed Oct 01 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.6
* Compression ratio of option -9 has been slightly increased.
* Copying of file dates, permissions, and ownership now behaves
like `cp -p`. (If the user ID or the group ID cannot be
duplicated, the file permission bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are
* The license has been changed to GPL version 2 or later.
* Tue Sep 23 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop gpg-offline build-time requirement; this is now handled by
the local source validator
* Wed Oct 02 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.5
* Clzip now shows the progress of compression at verbosity
level 2 (-vv).
* Sat Jun 08 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use more robust make install call; remove redundant %clean
section; wrap description at 70 cols; GPG signature verification
* Mon Apr 01 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.4:
* Multi-step trials have been implemented
* Compression ratio has been slightly increased
* Compression time has been reduced by 10%
* Decompression time has been reduced by 8%
* Thu Mar 29 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.3:
* inability to change output file attributes has been downgraded from error
* a small change has been made in the "--help" output and man page
* Mon May 23 2011 email@example.com
- initial version (1.2)