* Wed Aug 19 2020 Dirk Mueller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to 0.7.1:
* Status bar messages are now displayed properly in veritical mode.
The message is now truncated according to the status bar width instead
of the width of the terminal.
* Fix spurious error from CGDB on shutdown. You may have seen,
CGDB had unexpected results. Search the logs for more details.
In the log there was a waitpid error. CGDB was using the API wrong.
* Fix issue #161 - CGDB would lock up when doing a regex search from
the status bar if the file was just opened from the file dialog and
the search did not match any text in the file. Now the search fails
to match text as expected.
* Status bar commands and gdb console commands now both show gdb
output in the gdb window (instead of only the gdb console commands).
This fixed issue #154 on github.
* Fixed issue where typing F8 would do a 'next', 'step' and
screen refresh instead of just doing a 'next' command.
* Fix issue #139 - Show appropriate logos when color disabled
Previously, if the user had colors disabled, CGDB would still show
logos that had ansi escape color sequences in them.
* Fixed :highlight regression introduced in 0.7.0.
In 0.6.8, if the user entered a :highlight command from the CGDB
status bar, for instance:
:highlight Comment ctermfg=Blue
CGDB would updated the currently displayed source file
with the requested highlighting changes. In 0.7.0 this would not occur.
Both versions honored :highlight in the .cgdbrc file.
* Fix issue #125 - CGDB can cross compile again.
* The rust syntax highlighter is now case sensitive instead of case
* Fix issue #129. CGDB with old versions of ncurses (5.6 or before)
would not display colors. Now it will display colors, but will
not support ansi colors in the GDB window.
* Fix issue #137. rustlexer.lpp fails to compile with some versions
of GNU autotools.
* Fix issue #135. CGDB would "freeze" when opening the file
dialog if the number of files was very large. Updating the
gdbwire parser resolved the issue.
* Add support for readline's backward-kill-word and kill-word at gdb prompt
* Thu Jan 11 2018 email@example.com
- Update to 0.7.0
* Support for curses was removed (only ncurses is supported)
* Remove help2man dependency
* hlsearch option added (off by default). Improves searching
and displaying of searching functionality within CGDB. If
enabled, and previous search exists, CGDB will display search
results using the Search highlighting group. The IncSearch
highlighting group is used to display the active search. The
hlsearch option highlights previous searches in the source
window, the gdb window when in scroll mode and the file dialog
* Assembly code support. Assembly code will be shown when no
source code is available. The option 'set disasm' allows you
to show mixed source/assembly when both are available.
* Add support to enable/disable showing assembly code in CGDB.
Disabled by default. The 'set disasm' enables showing mixed
assembly mode by default. See the documentation for more
* Add the :logo command to cgdb. This tells CGDB to display a
logo in the source window.
* Initial Rust syntax highlighter.
* Support vi type <digit>j and <digit>k motions. Previously only
typing j or k with out a number was supported.
* Support for vim like marks. Showmarks option was introduced
to show the marks in the source window. Default is true.
You can disable the viewing of marks using 'set noshowmarks'.
* Color support. Default is enabled.
* Ansi escape codes representing color will show correctly.
Configurable with the `set debugwincolor` option.
* Add the winminwidth option- it controls the minimum width that
a window can be resized.
* Support for vertical or horizontal splitting of the CGDB/GDB
windows. You can change the window orientation by using the
command 'set winsplitorientation=horizontal or vertical'.
horizontal is the default orientation. Type Ctrl-w to switch
between vertical and horizontal viewing.
* Remove the TTY mode and TTY window. It is now recommended to
attach to your program from a separate terminal.
* -w command line option. CGDB will wait to start until either
a debugger is attached to it, or until a key is written to it's
stdin. Useful for debugging CGDB itself.
* Added scroll mode in addition to the existing GDB command mode.
To enter scroll mode, type 'page up' when in GDB mode and to
exit type 'q', 'i' or 'Enter'. In scroll mode, you can scroll
through the GDB output. You can also search the GDB output with
the /, ?, n and N keys. Vim marks are also supported.
* Extended support for the vim G command when in CGDB mode.
[<number>]G works as it does in vim now.
* Support for 'executinglinedisplay' and 'selectedlinedisplay'
configuration options. It allows you to configure how CGDB
displays both the currently executing line and the currently
selected line. Default for executing line is set to
longarrow. Default for selected line is set to block. The
'arrowstyle' option has been deprecated (but still supported).
Use 'executinglinedisplay' instead.
- Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner
* Thu Apr 02 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update project and download url
- Update dependencies
- Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner
- Update to 0.6.8
* Fix issue #40, the map commands were adding additional new lines
to the mappings. For instance, 'imap a b' in the ~/.cgdb/cgdbrc
file would cause a to map to 'b<cr>' instead of just 'b'.
* Added feature from issue #29, added 'until' command to CGDB.
* Updated autotools configuration files to satisfy warnings and
recommendations produced by autotools when run.
* Fix issue #49, a gcc compiler warning.
* Fixed a hang consuming 100% CPU usage on OS X Mavericks (github #48).
* Fixed a hang when quitting cgdb while inferior is running
(github #1 and #5 and #46). This was believed to be fixed in the last
release but I've finally reproduced the issue and fixed it for good.
* Fri Jun 14 2013 email@example.com
-update to 0.6.7
- Changed documentation license from GFDL to GPL (github #6).
- Fixed a hang on MacOS when quitting cgdb while inferior is
running (github #1 and #5).
- Fixed a crash when pressing 'n' in source window (github #5).
- Fixed a bug opening files (and toggling breakpoints in files)
with special characters (e.g. space) in their names.
* Tue Feb 14 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix build on sle11-sp1
* Thu Jan 12 2012 email@example.com
- change license to be in spdx.org format
* Sat Sep 17 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
- Use %_smp_mflags for parallel build
* Wed Sep 07 2011 email@example.com
- update to cgdb-0.6.6
- Fixed a segfault on 64-bit systems in rline.c due to a missing
prototype of cgdb_malloc. Thanks to Pietro Cerutti for
reporting and diagnosing this one!
- Fixed a bug in the file dialog. When searching for a file, and
you hit enter to select it, CGDB would sometimes skip to the
next file that matches and open that file instead.
- No longer set the prompt to (gdb) on startup.
* Wed Dec 22 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- clean up specfile
* Wed May 26 2010 email@example.com
- require gdb
* Mon Jan 04 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to cgdb-0.6.5
* Turn autosourcereload to on by default. This matches GDB's
* Add support for :up and :down in the cgdb status bar.
Thanks Benoit Pierre for reporting this.
* Enhanced tgdb in a2 mode. It now understands GNAT's
pre-instance-choice, instance-choice, post-instance-choice
* Made searching and :commands a little more vi-like. If you abort a
search, you can still recall the last search with 'n' or 'N'.
If you backspace to the beginning of the line, a :command
or /search is aborted.
* Added some new cgdb commands.
:c is now a synonym for :continue
:f is now a synonym for :finish
:n is now a synonym for :next
:r is not a synonym for :run
:s is now a synonym for :step
:start is a new command that will send "start" to the debugger
:kill is a new command that will send "kill" to the debugger
* Shortcut mode has been removed from cgdb. If you liked it, you can
put these commands in your cgdbrc file,
map r :run<CR>
map c :continue<CR>
map f :finish<CR>
map n :next<CR>
map s :step<CR>
and you will get the same functionality. Do not forget that,
F5 is the same as 'run'.
F6 is the same as 'continue'.
F7 is the same as 'finish'.
F8 is the same as 'next'.
F10 is the same as 'step'.
are always available.
* Added a feature to CGDB which allows it to ask readline what key
sequence it uses for the Home and End keys. That way, if the terminfo
database is wrong, but the OS vendor modified /etc/inputrc, CGDB will
have a working Home and End key.
* CGDB fully supports the use of maps now. The feature is similar in
nature to the vim map feature. It supports map, unmap, imap
and iunmap. The map/unmap work in CGDB mode and the imap/iunmap
work in GDB mode.
* Added the cgdbmodekey configuration option. This allows the user to
change the key that switches them from GDB mode to CGDB mode. The
default value is the Escape key. This is useful for users that want
to use readline in vi-mode.
* Fixed a bug in CGDB where the Insert and Delete keys were not
recognized properly all of the time.
* Thu Mar 19 2009 email@example.com
- prepare for contrib
* Fri Jul 18 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- change source file format to bzip2
* Thu Jul 17 2008 email@example.com
- initial package