* Fri Aug 18 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.8.1
* Fix silly error introduced in abcde-musicbrainz-tool when
fixing bug 30. Thanks to Thomas Klausner for the bug/patch.
Closes Issue 52:
* Make fdkaac the default for m4a encoding. Faac can still be
selected for m4a encding via ~/.abcde.conf file but best not
* Split user-definable mungefilename function into
mungetrackname, mungeartistname, and mungealbumname, each of
which default to mungefilename Thanks to Gerald Turner for the
patch and enhancement request. This closes Issue 39:
* FAQs: Clarify the exit from multi-result CDDB search.
* Fix to allow multiple output formats when aac fallback is
triggered. Thanks to Birk Bremer for the bug report.
This closes Issue 35:
* Fix for some erroneous error and status logging. Thanks to
Christian Wasem for the bug report and fix. This closes Issue
* Add support for trying multiple CD lookup services in
order. Thanks to Gabriel Rosenkoetter for the patch. Closes
Issue 42: https://abcde.einval.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=42
* Add Recommends on glyrc and imagemagick in Debian
packaging. Closes Debian Bug #827626
* Fix up handling of the first few sectors when reading
from a whole-CD flac file or using cdparanoia in one-track
mode. Thanks to Matthias König for the patch. Closes Issue
* Tweak the fix in musicbrainz for handling sketchy returned
data some more. Hopefully closes Issue 30:
* Re-enable some commented out cdparanoia/debug code in
do_discid. Closes Issue 14:
* Add "-a" to lots of grep calls in case of "binary" looking
data, e.g. non-ascii text in track titles!
Closes Issue 24:
* Add "-L" to default curl options, to follow redirects if
needed. Closes Issue 40:
Thanks to Gabriel Rosenkoetter for the patch.
* Switch default from "cddb" to "musicbrainz" for track lookup
Closes Debian Bug #842178
* Mon Apr 25 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.7.2
* When using musicbrainz, don't assume that there will be release
events attached to a particular CD release. Bug fix for the addition
of year information support in 2.7.1.
* Support for output to the Matroska container (mka). Encoder
is FFmpeg (or avconv). Typical conf file syntax would be:
FFMPEGENCOPTS="-c:a ac3 -b:a 448k"
* Add id3tag mp3 tagger as this is the tagger available to
* Allow for cddb response 500. This closes Issue 26:
* Fix for 'expansion of $REDIR' bug on MacOSX. This closes Issue 22:
* Makefile adjusted to allow the sample abcde.conf file to be
installed by default to /etc rather than $(prefix)/etc.
* Allow getalbumart to correctly place cover image when single
track is selected. This closes Issue 25:
- Update abcde-quote.patch
- Set BuildArch as noarch; the package doesn't contain any binary
* Mon Jan 04 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add recommends to eyeD3, abcde is using it by default since 2.7
* Mon Oct 26 2015 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.7.1
* Rebuild of the abcde Makefile.
* Fix incorrect use of 'break'.
* Make older versions of id3 happy when 'Genre' field is empty.
* Add YEAR and GENRE variables to do_getalbumart().
* Support added for encoding to True Audio using tta while still
supporting the older ttaenc. Tagging is with mid3v2.
* Support added for encoding to MPEG-1 Audio Layer II (mp2)
with either twolame or FFmpeg / avconv. Tagging with mid3v2.
* Encoding to WavPack with FFmpeg. Some slight changes to WavPack
syntax with backward compatibility built in for abcde 2.7.
* Encoding to m4a container with FFmpeg or avconv. This allows
for alac encoding with FFmpeg's reverse engineered alac encoder.
* AAC encoding with fhgaacenc via Wine. Tagging is provided
by AtomicParsley which has been added back to abcde :). This
allows encoding with HE-AAC v2, unavailable with qaac.
* Support added for AAC encoding with qaac via Wine. This
also allows for Apple Lossless Audio Coding (alac) using
either qaac or refalac. This closes Issue 142.
* Grab year information too when using musicbrainz.
- Changes from version 2.7
* Rewrite of abcde's mungefilename function.
This closes Issues 72 and 135.
* TRACKTOTAL now written to flac and ogg files.
This resolves Issue 76.
* Support added for the downloading of album art.
Detailed documentation added to the abcde FAQ document
although the sane defaults in place will guarantee a good
experience even for those who do not read documentation!
This closes Issue 33.
* Support added for ripping with the GNU Compact Disc
Input and Control library (libcdio) as requested by
both gentoo and NixOS. The utility used is cd-paranoia
and can best be called from a conf file as follows:
with the CD_PARANOIA variable giving the correct path
* Fix for encoding with bladeenc and usepipes.
* Fix for broken ripping with dagrab. Closes Issue 140.
* Fix for diskutil selecting wrong disk on OS X.
closes Issue 139.
* Added some error checking and documentation for
the abcde-musicbrainz-tool. Closes issue 138.
* New variables for m4a/aac encoding options to be
manipulated in a users ~/.abcde.conf file:
1. FAACENCOPTS for faac encoding options
2. NEROAACENCOPTS for neroAacEnc options
3. FDKAACENCOPTS for fdkaacenc options
Note that these options replace the now obsolete AACENCOPTS.
* Check added for neroAacTag when encoding with neroAacEnc.
* Several additions to usepipes with the following encoders
1. mp3enc: mp3
2. speexenc: Speex
3. mpcenc: Musepack SV8
4. wavpack: WavPack
5. faac: aac
6. neroAacEnc: aac
7. fdkaac: aac
The cd ripper cdda2wav (icedax) has also been added.
* Ripping and encoding with 'usepipes' fixed. This fix
closes Issue 46.
* Suggested encoding options for mp3enc added to the sample
abcde.conf. Last release of mp3enc in 1998 but it still
works flawlessly with a modern abcde!
* Suggested encoding options for l3enc added to the sample
abcde.conf. Congratulations to abcde which in 2015 still
works with l3enc which saw its final release in 1997!
* Fix for -o option use with options and multiple outputs.
This allows for commandline options such as the following:
abcde -o 'flac:-8,mp3:-b 320'
This closes Issue 136.
* Support added for ReplayGain with WavPack encoding.
* Fix for MusePack to allow the use of the SV8 ReplayGain
* Monkey's Audio (ape) encoding added. Tagging is with
Robert Muth's apetag.
* Simplify Opus tagging.This closes Issue 133.
* Allow 'clean' when OUTPUTTYPE=wav, broken for some time.
This closes Issue 94.
* Clarification that CDDBLOCALRECURSIVE=y is required for
local CDDB search. This partially resolves Issue 121.
* AtomicParsley removed from debian/control, WavPack added.
* Details of abcde's handling of faac compiled with and
without mp4v2 added as a new entry to FAQs.
* Fix to allow display of the 'date' meta tag generated
by eyeD3 in vlc, Audacious and friends.
This closes Issue 126.
* Fix for flac floating point error. closes Issue 113.
* Formalised 3 methods of mp3 tagging using ID3TAGV:
1.id3v2.4 using eyeD3 (set in abcde as the default)
2.id3v2.3 using id3v2
3.id3v1 using id3
Fixes issue 101.
* Support for WavPack added. Closes issue 123.
* Fix for mp3 encoding with different versions of eyeD3.
* Major AAC encoding cleanup, including addition of the fdkaac encoder.
- Update patch abcde_2.6-quote.patch > abcde-quote.patch
* Sat Jan 24 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- re-add man pages, last update accidentally removed them
* Sat Dec 13 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.6
+ Fix finding $CDROM on OS X. Closes issue 71.
+ USEID3 and USEID3V2 variables are unused now, so remove them.
Closes issue 73.
+ Clean up movement to eyeD3, remove id3v2 remnants. Closes issue 74.
+ Fix infinite loop if cddb fails. Closes: #687038 in Debian
+ Switch from Musepack SV7 to SV8.
+ Allow aac encoding with neroAacEnc. Closes issue 8.
+ Allow opus encoding with opusenc. Closes issue 70.
+ Fix typo: s/CUEWAVEFILE/CUEWAVFILE/ so that abcde.mkcue should now
produce working cue files. Closes issue 78.
+ Remove no-op -q option. Closes issue 106.
+ Fix issue 112: perl encoding pragma deprecation.
+ Fix option parsing for multiple output formats. Closes issue 115.
+ Fix eyeD3 tagging for cddb entries without year. Closes issue 107
+ Add mention of CD-TEXT support in the man page. Closes issue 102.
+ Make Y/N prompting more consistent. Closes issue 95
+ Remove the no-op -B option. Closes: #426531 in Debian
+ Document the need to escape parentheses in tag comments.
Closes: #256941 in Debian.
+ Concatenate option steps on -t/-T option. Closes: #391294 in Debian
+ Try to use bsd-mailx where possible to force UTF-8 for cddb-tool mail
submissions. If not possible, attempt to force UTF-8 via the
environment and fall back to mail instead. Closes: #756289 in Debian,
- Make cd-discid live in it's own package
- Update Urls and dowload sources
- Refresh the old abcde_188.8.131.52-quote.patch to abcde_2.6-quote.patch
* Wed Oct 05 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- cross-build fix: use %__cc macro
* Sat Sep 17 2011 email@example.com
- Remove redundant tags/sections from specfile
* Thu Feb 10 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- added recommends id3v2
* Fri Oct 31 2008 email@example.com
- apply patch from bnc#419800 to fix
"abcde quotes some variables incorrectly"
* Tue Nov 27 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 184.108.40.206: tons of debian bug reports fixed, e.g.
* Default to UNICODE (UTF8) tags and comments (Closes: #282332).
- Added CDDBPROTO option in config file (Closes: #349951)
* Added a missing "INDEX 01" entry for CUE sheet creation.
* Avoid completing the encoding of files if we aborted previously.
* Embed the CUE sheet if we have a cuesheet file and we have a single FLAC
file, even if we are not tagging. This way we can use the file as a source
even if it is not tagged/named properly.
* Fails to quote filenames properly (Closes: #355296)
* Thu Sep 07 2006 email@example.com
- update to 2.3.3:
* Rips done in a single track were getting tagged as Various. Corrected.
* Possibly eliminated some bashisms from using a variable as a variable
(Closes: #324399). Thanks to A Costa.
* MKCUE needs to be passed some $CDROM as an option, or otherwise it will
not read the CDROM, in case is not /dev/cdrom.
* Also, make the CUEREADER a bit more general, since we might be using other
* Defining the tracknumber now resets the first track if given a number
different than 1 (that is: abcde -T 1 2-10 creates songs 1 to 9).
* Modified the FAQ to reflect the changes on Marillat's repo
* Should be "space" safe: works properly when the working directory contains
a space (Closes: #147493).
* Repared the CD query for the discid code. When failing to read a disc,
actually report that there might be no disc in the drive.
* Right now, walk over the different encoders we Depends: on in Debian and
use the one available: if a user has a FLAC encoder, abcde will no install
vorbis-tools, so it will fail to run out of the box (Closes: #321216)
* Added CUE support. Still experimental...
* Added FLAC on Ogg. Still not activated, since we cannot get comments added
as a post-process action.
* Applied patches from Fedora Core (Credit goes to Nils Philippsen
* Added a post_read() function to be executed before ejecting the CD.
* Typos reported by A Costa corrected (Closes: #311463)
* Problem with abcde being run in a directory with files containing only
numbers solved (Closes: #313628).
* vorbiscomment uses now "-R" (Closes: #303566).
* "-t" and "-T" use the first track as a starter for the track list.
* Added CDPARANOIACDROMBUS option to define -d in case of using IDE and SCSI
in case of using ide-scsi emulation layer (Closes: #290768).
* Define metaflac in abcde.conf (Closes: #303555)
* Double quotation added to solve parsing * as a wildcard (Closes: #302904).
Thanks to Christian Grigis for the patch. Also (Closes: #268088).
* CDPARANOIAOUTPUT missed some quotes.
* Removed some useless lines.
* If BATCH is used with ONETRACK, disable BATCH.
* Small typos with CDROM comparisons.
* Logic for CDROM variable improved.
* Changed the way we call flac, to adapt to the new times:
- -import-vc-from= to --import-tags-from.
* DOSPLAYLIST was not included in the list of options.
* Options passed to the encoder by using <-o ogg:"-b 192"> are now
supported. One can modify the way abcde encodes just for the current CD.
* Unfortunatelly I forgot to add the starting number for tags in Ogg. For
MP3 is a bit more difficult, since it needs changing the X/YY code.
* Also, the order of the tags in metaflac is important for the utf8 names.
Thanks to Frederik Juul Christiani (Closes: #297482)
* Added CDROMID in the .conf file, for reader programs that need it
* Added a check for cdparanoia when encountering data-only CDs.
* Use the default while erasing an existing playlist (Closes: #288835).
* Does not destroy track information when a track contains "=" in the name
* Quotes missing when evaluating a value (Closes: #284018).
* Spotted and solved a problem with the way the data tracks were detected
* Wed Jan 25 2006 firstname.lastname@example.org
- converted neededforbuild to BuildRequires
* Wed Nov 02 2005 email@example.com
- make CDROM != /dev/cdrom work
* Fri Jan 21 2005 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.2.0
* Thu Aug 05 2004 email@example.com
- update to 2.1.19
* Fri Oct 31 2003 firstname.lastname@example.org
- build as user
* Mon Oct 13 2003 email@example.com
- update to 2.1.6
* Fri Aug 15 2003 firstname.lastname@example.org
- sent patch yesterday, today new version
* Wed Aug 13 2003 email@example.com
- update to 2.1.4
- apply diff to avoid -1 syntax to tail,head,nice