* Tue Mar 23 2021 ecsos <email@example.com>
- Update to 3.7.0
* Server lists have been reorganized to make room for more
- Default has been renamed to Any Genre 1.
- Any Genre has been renamed to Any Genre 2.
- Any Genre 3 has been added.
- Choral/Barbershop has been added.
- Classical/Folk/Choral has been renamed to Classical/Folk.
* Central server addresses have been moved to the jamulus.io
The fischvolk.de addresses are deprecated.
* GUI: If a name is provided using --clientname, that name is
shown first in the window title, to avoid clipping in the
Windows task bar (#789).
* GUI: Translations have been updated:
- Dutch, by @jerogee (#1110)
- French, by @trebmuh & @jujudusud (#1199 & #1113)
- German, by @rolamos (#1097)
- Italian, by @dzpex (#1112)
- Polish, by @SeeLook (#1099)
- Portugese, by @melcon & @Snayler (#1141 & #1168)
- Slovak, by @jose1711 (#1104)
- Spanish, by @ignotus666 (#1152)
- Swedish, by @genesisproject2020 (#1182 & #1106)
* Active recording state is now highlighted in the mixerboard
* Client window makes it more obvious when not connected to
a server by graying out input levels and showing a message
* Screensaver and screen blanking are now prevented on Macs
* Windows installer has been improved (#792, #841).
Note: If you are using ASIO4ALL, we strongly suggest that
you take a screenshot of your ASIO4ALL settings before upgrading.
The installer will try its best to migrate your settings, but
it may fail to do so when using custom installation paths.
* Windows installer interface now supports English, Dutch, French,
German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
* Windows ASIO Setup button placement has been improved to be below
the driver selection (#977).
* Chat dialog has gained support for auto-linking http addresses
* Chat messages no longer allow HTML-formatted chat messages due to
security reasons (#939). HTML formatting in Welcome messages will
continue to work.
* Mixerboard background image quality in the Fancy skin has been
* MIDI controller logic has been improved to support fader, pan,
mute and solo buttons in --ctrlmidich syntax (#945).
Mute & solo buttons are only for toggle-type controllers and do
not support headless operation yet.
* Servers connected to central servers behind the same NAT can
now be made accessible to public clients via the newly added
- -serverpublicip option (#954).
* External IP detection no longer generates traffic to Cloudflare
* Version update detection has been improved (#1155):
- The check now uses two servers instead of one
(updatecheck1.jamulus.io and updatecheck2.jamulus.io).
- The server version is now ignored if it is not a release, due
to a suffix such as dev, beta or rc.
* Official Ubuntu/Debian packages are now built and published as
part of the release (#1100).
The packages are compatible with Ubuntu 18.04 or later.
* Experimental .apk installation packages for Android are now
* Bug fix: A suspected memory leak has been solved by removing
usage of ConsoleWriterFactory (#926).
* Bug fix: Changing ASIO driver properties like switching
input/outputs in ASIO4ALL now resets input/output channel
mapping in Jamulus again (#796).
This was done to solve a bug with ASIO4ALL introduced in the
* Bug fix: Fader levels, mute and solo state are now restored
properly when reconnecting to a restarted server (#955, #1010).
This is a server-side fix.
* Bug fix: Multiple memory leaks in the server's recording feature
have been fixed (#1073).
* Bug fix: Menu accelerator keys have been fixed in multiple
* Bug fix: Windows sound driver lacked driverInfo initialisation
* Internal build and release process have been re-designed,
automated and moved to Github.
* Internal development builds now contain a detailed version
- Change to new projekt- and source-url.
* Fri Jan 22 2021 Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- %pre needs to pull in "nogroup", too.
* Fri Jan 22 2021 Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Do not ignore errors from useradd.
- Reduce scriptlet boilerplate generated by %service_*.
- Cease removing users at package deinstallation.
* Thu Jan 14 2021 ecsos <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add services for headless public and private server.
- Add services for newRecording and ToggleRecording.
- Add sysconfig for service files.
- Add firewalld for private server.
- Add user jamulus for server services.
* Sun Dec 13 2020 Konstantin Voinov <email@example.com>
- Update to version 3.6.2
* change Clear All Stored Solo Settings to clear Mute as
* avoid selecting IPv6 results from hostname lookup, coded by
* added possibility to set MIDI offset for fader control to
- -ctrlmidich (#95)
* detect if no audio Device is selected before trying to connect
a server (#129)
* on MacOS if an audio device is no longer available, show a
warning rather than switching to default automatically (#727)
* bug fix: sliders move by themselves if fader groups are used
on reconnect (#611)
* bug fix: do not reset sound card channel selection on a device
property change (#727)
* bug fix: compiling Jamulus 3.6.1 is failing on Debian 9
* bug fix: on MacOS Jamulus does not always select the previous
sound card (#680)
* bug fix: use new server icon on Mac server bundle and Windows
* bug fix: ping times of servers which are further down the
server list are too high (#49)
* Sun Nov 22 2020 Konstantin Voinov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 3.6.1
* added menu entry "Set All Faders to New Client Level" (#622)
* isolate a channel from the group temporarily with
* on shift-click the pan reset to 0 L/R (#707)
* support multiple custom central server addresses (#698)
* the Jamulus server now has a different icon, created by
* support two rows for the mixer panel (#720)
* changed RYG indicator lights with colour-blind compensation,
created by geheimerEichkater (#57)
* saving and loading mixer settings is now possible during an
active connection and a mixer settings file can be loaded with
* menu entry Clear All Stored Solo Settings is now enabled
during an active connection
* bug fix: the fader group property was not correctly loaded
from the ini file
* Sun Oct 25 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 3.6.0
* handle audio packets received out of order
* most recently connected users appear on the RH side on the
* improvements for the server multithreading
* removed Display Channel Levels setting and --servername
* removed support for further server infos in --serverinfo
since the preferred way of registering a server is to do it
using the protocol messages
* removed -g, --pingservers since all Central servers must
activate this function, now it is activated by default and
no command line argument is needed
* added --mutemyown command line argument to mute my own
signal in my personal mix, only supported in headless client
* added "Mountain Dulcimer" instrument icon
* added new instrument icons for "Scratching" and "Rapping"
* replaced double types by floats for some of the signal
* support permanent channl fader sorting (i.e., not only on
request but always)
* support sorting faders by channel city
* if sorting the faders by instrument, we now sort by the name
for the same instruments
* bug fix: reduced server list is displayed instead of the
* Sun Oct 04 2020 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 3.5.12
* added hyperlink support for the chat window
* added new menu entry "Clear All Stored Solo Settings"
* fade in all clients at the server when entering a server to
avoid the volume is at 100% when joining a server
* added a qmake CONFIG flag for disabling the automatic
* avoid confusion with the Server Address field on the
connection setup window by no longer showing the server name
in that field since it is only intended for entering IP
addresses or valid server URLs
* removed the "Show Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence
Dialog" setting from the server GUI and changed the
- L/--licence text in the licence dialog to "Do you agree
to the text in the chat window?" so that a licence text must
now be given in the server welcome message
* added a protocol message for a reduced server list to
improve the situation caused by UDP packet fragmentation
* added translation: Slovak
* bug fix: crash when using the jam recorder in the server
- Dropped Jamulus-disable_version_check.patch (merged upstream)
* Thu Sep 24 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 3.5.11
* support a check for updates
* added an optional server list whitelist filter
* added a command line argument to enable multithreading in
* added support for split protocol messages (fixes bug with
large number of clients connected to a server)
* store recorder settings
* added a command line argument to disable recording on start
* accessibility improvements
* added Jack audio audio latency calculation
* show the server name in the title bar
* bug fix: crash when using the Jack backend and quickly
reconfiguring, coded by hselasky
* bug fix: Alt+h shortcut to open the Chat dialog did not
work, use Alt+c instead
* bug fix: pan is not correctly initialized in the server on a
- Add Jamulus-disable_version_check.patch
* Sun Aug 16 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.5.10
* do not change the server list order if the mouse is over the
table to avoid selecting an incorrect server on a mouse
* if network name/address contains spaces, they are removed
now, coded by dingodoppelt
* improve compact skin by using smaller font size
* improve server audio mix processing for better clipping
* support MIDI control faders in headless build (#483)
* option to set Mute Myself on with a command line argument
* added a red message to indicate that Mute Myself is
* manual clip LED reset by mouse click on the level meter
* replacing internal history graph functionality by external
* accessibility improvements, coded by chigkim
* bug fix: added more mutex in the server
* bug fix: --showallservers ping column sort is alphabetic
- Drop _service file
- Spec cleanup
* Mon Aug 03 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 3.5.9
* new app icon for Jamulus, created by geheimerEichkater
* support up to four different groups for the channels
* support sorting faders by channel group
* add support to change the GUI language
* add special server list filter for filtering occupied
servers by using "#"
* update server UI to allow setting the jam recorder directory
* redesign of the server dialog (e.g. added welcome message
* save and restore mixer state (like fader, mute, etc.)
note that saving/loading of settings only works if not
* scale channel instrument picture in Compact skin mode
* show maximum number of clients for servers in the
serverlist, coded by dingodoppelt
* log the number of connected clients on each new connection
* move the Mute Myself button up to prevent accidentally
* bug fix: grouping faders in the client should be
* bug fix: incorrect selection of UI language
* add new "compact" skin, intended for large ensembles
* support sorting faders by channel instrument, coded by
* new group switch to change several faders in sync, coded by
* support a clip LED, coded by fleutot
* add server recording indicator, coded by pljones
* support for storing/recovering the server window positions
* add a headless build type which does not depend on
QtGui/QtWidgets, coded by marcan
* the local pan middle position is no longer attenuated in
* added translation: Brazilian Portuguese by melcon
* add send button to chat window
* add some protections to the code, coded by atsampson
* bug fix: server window stop updating after minimized, coded
* support sorting faders by channel name
* enable/disable recording from command line, coded by pljones
* add Audacity "list of files" writer to jam recorder, by
* make level meter LED black when off, by fleutot
* added ukulele/bass ukulele instrument icons created by dos1
* avoid showing IP address if no name in the musician profile
* show channel numbers if --ctrlmidich is used
* added check in acknowledge message, coded by atsampson
* bug fix: on MacOS declare an activity to ensure the process
doesn't get throttled by OS level Nap, Sleep, and Thread
Priority systems, coded by AronVietti
* added banjo/mandolin instrument icons created by atsampson
* faster update of musicians list in the server list table
* display recorder state and latest recording directory in the
server GUI, allow a new recording to be requested, by
* New Client Level now also applies if you enter a server
* bug fix: honour own fader and Mute button in Mute Myself
* bug fix: audio fader sliders cannot be moved if the main
windows is too small
* bug fix: server gain calculations were incorrect (introduced
in version 3.5.4)
* introduce genre-based server lists
* implement panning for channels, coded by tarmoj
* added an indicator that another client has muted me
* move central server type dropdown to connection setup
* added vocal bass/tenor/alto/soprano instrument icons created
* support intermediate Reaper RPP file while recording, coded
* save client settings on Linux cmdline termination signal,
coded by pljones
* added translation: Italian by dzpex
* bug fix: fixed misaligned tracks in recordings, coded by
snayler, improved by pljones
* correct unregister of headless server and RPP file creation
on SIGINT/SIGTERM, coded by pljones
* for CoreAudio and 4 channel input, support mixing channels
1&2 with 3&4
* added bassoon/oboe/harp instrument icons created by dszgit,
congas/bongo created by bspeer
* link to docs from application Help menu
* support Mac CoreAudio aggregated devices
* added translations: French by trebmuh, Portuguese by Snayler,
Spanish by ignotus666, Dutch by jerogee, German by corrados
* new design for the About dialog
* new command line option -d to disconnect all clients on
shutdown of the server
* bug fix: for mono capture jack audio interface Jamulus
complains it cannot make connections
* bug fix: fixed that Jamulus segfaults when jackd is
* bug fix: better handling of disconnect message in the client
* note: Jamulus is no longer compatible to Qt4
* Mon May 11 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.5.2:
* use audio level meter bars for normal skin
* store Show All Musicians setting in the ini-file
* improved Mac installer, coded by doloopuntil
* support to open ASIO driver setup(s) if startup failed due to incorrect driver settings (Ticket #117)
* added -v/--version command line argument to output version information (Ticket #121)
* added bodhran and other instrument icons, bodhran created by bomm (Ticket #131)
* bug fix: if small network buffers are used we get much better audio quality when drop outs occur
* bug fix: if names given with the -o option were too long, the server registration failed (Ticket #91)
* bug fix: audio level changes if Buffer Delay is changed (Ticket #106)
* bug fix: do not reset fader level meters if number of clients change
* bug fix: fixed a crash with JackRouter 64 bit ASIO driver (Ticket #93, thanks to elliotclee)
- Add a source service.
* Wed Apr 15 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Rename source tarball
* Wed Apr 08 2020 Gustavo Pichorim Boiko <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 3.4.5
The upstream maintainer announced that he will no longer publish source
tarballs to SF.net, so fetched the tarball from github directly.
* audio fade-in at the server if a new client connects
* added a scroll bar to the mixer board to support large numbers of
mixer faders (a thank you to doloopuntil for his help)
* changed the maximum number of clients supported by the server from 20 to 50
* Windows installer now contains a 32 and 64 bit version of Jamulus (the version to
be installed is selected automatically according to the detected operating system)
* bug fix: server list ping times may not be accurate and client list may not be retrieved
* Fri Apr 03 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Rename source icon to Jamulus_icon.png to avoid troubles
* Fri Apr 03 2020 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rename source icon to Jamulus_icon.png to avoid troubles
* Sat Mar 28 2020 Stefan Dirsch <email@example.com>
- Update to version 3.4.4
* added support for controlling the audio mixer faders with a
MIDI controller (MacOS and Linux)
* added command line argument for disabling auto jack connection
* audio recording for the server, coded by pljones
* SVG server history graph, coded by pljones
* Thu Oct 17 2019 Richard Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Remove obsolete Groups tag (fate#326485)
* Mon Apr 22 2019 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 3.4.3
* for ASIO and 4 channel input, support mixing channels 1&2