This update for seamonkey fixes the following issues:
Seamonkey requested to be included in Leap 15.1 and 15.2:
update appdata files (Bug 1174192):
* correct metadata licensing information (most of the application
descriptions had been taken from
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/features which according to
the page footer is licensed under CC-BY-SA-3.0)
* update the metadata summary and the introduction in the metadata
description to more accurately reflect what SeaMonkey is, giving
less prominence to the long-discontinued Mozilla Application Suite
that many users may no longer be familiar with
* update the metadata name to more accurately reflect the name
or purpose of the application
* update the metadata URL with the current SeaMonkey website
update to SeaMonkey 2.53.3
* The LaTex tool TexZilla, used for inserting Math, has been
upgraded to 1.0.2.
* It is now possible to customize the toolbars in Composer and the
formatting toolbar in Mailnews composition.
* All folders of an account can now be marked as read.
* There is now an option for not advertizing SeaMonkey at all in the
* The preference for hiding the toolbar and menubar grippies can now
be changed from "Preferences->Appearance".
* The preference "browser.tabs.autoHide" which autohides the tab bar
when there is only one tab in a browser window open has been
flipped in bug 1634879. SeaMonkey will now show the tab bar as the
default. You can change it back by checking "Hide the tab bar when
only one tab is open" in "Preferences->Browser->Tabbed Browsing"
* Update of help page content and links.
* SeaMonkey language packs are now version specific and will be
disabled as part of the profile upgrade following the installation
of a later version.
* Search Engines have been centralized and updated in bug 1300198.
* Address book now has updated IM fields, improved layout for card
view pane, improved multi-word search, ability to search across
multiple address books, more granular prompts when deleting items,
print on the context menus and print button on the toolbar.
* Multimedia support has been updated in preparation of supporting
more audio video formats in the next releases. For enhanced
security the Rust multimedia parser is now used for this and the
libstagefright package has been removed.
* SeaMonkey 2.53.3 uses the same backend as Firefox and contains the
relevant Firefox 60.4 security fixes.
* SeaMonkey 2.53.3 shares most parts of the mail and news code with
Thunderbird. Please read the Thunderbird 60.0 release notes for
specific changes and security fixes in this release.
* Additional important security fixes up to Current Firefox 77 and a
few enhancements have been backported.
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update update project.