This update for abcde fixes the following issues:
- Re-enabled musicbrainz, as both perl(MusicBrainz::DiscID) and
perl(WebService::MusicBrainz) are accepted into Factory now.
Note that abcde uses both MusicBrainz and CDDB by default.
Build without MusicBrainz can be made by setting
%_without_musibrainz 1 in prjconf.
- Added dependency on WebService::MusicBrainz
Update to 2.9.3
* Replace non-portable sed code for generating offset list with some
simple awk instead. Should now work on FreeBSD again.
* Deal with bizarre cdda2wav behaviour when doing cdtext lookup - it
writes the track information to *stdin*. Closes Issue #89:
* Add a warning in abcde.conf about mayb needing to install recode before
using it in mungefilename()
Update to 2.9.2:
* Fix up lookup code to deal with spaces etc. in directory names
* Cope with "stub" releases in Musicbrainz
* Always call glyrc with LC_ALL=C. Thanks to Andreas Vögele for the
report and the suggested fix.
* Add a link to the CDDB data format in the abcde man page.
* More fixups of track number padding. Thanks to John Straw for the
* Allow for embedding of album art downloaded by the getalbumart
function. Currently this is available for flac (using metaflac),
mp3 (using eyed3), m4a (using AtomicParsley) and
WavPack aka wv (using wvtag).
* Use md5 rather than md5sum under macOS.
* Support added for encoding with
Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF).
* Allow selection of either cddb or musicbrainz from the command line
* Allow for embedding with do_embedalbumart() for single track
encodes when OUTPUTFORMAT and ONETRACKOUTPUTFORMAT are different.
* Experimental support for embedding albumart with ogg files.
* Massive rework of CD lookup code so support multiple sources
better. Thanks to Gabriel Rosenkoetter for his initial idea in this
area, and to Tomasz Goliński on irc for initial inspiration on how
this should work better.
There are now 3 different options for CD lookup: cddb, musicbrainz and
cdtext. They can all be listed in a comma-separated list for
CDDBMETHOD and the code will now call all of them in the sequence
listed. All the results will be combined into one list at the end for
the user to select, just like would have previously worked for one
* Fix Musicbrainz ID calculation in makeids()
* Fix abcde.mkcue() when handling the --wholedisk option. Thanks to
Nino Burini for the patch.
* Add more comprehensive examples for filename munging in the example
* Add a more better fix for the year lookup problem in
* Redirect stderr on "which" calls to clear up error noise on some
* Add Irix support.
* Rework abcde-musicbrainz-tool to work with WebService::MusicBrainz
Also added a specific dependency on version 1.0.4 or newer, so
abcde-musicbrainz-tool will abort if the version found is too old.
Since tweaked to deal with multi-artist albums and tracks more
* Add resume support in do_getalbumart()
* Fix getopts setup for "P". Thanks to Alan W. Kerr for reporting this.
* Major set of code cleanups to fix up lots of warnings found with
shellcheck, and a few other style issues:
+ Lots of quoting fixes
+ Use $( instead of `
+ Stop using -o and -a syntax with if [ - use || or && instead
+ Wrap and shorten some very long lines
* Wrap some output messages so they fit on a standard width console
* Factor out repeated code and make page() more useful
* Add version check before resuming from an old ripping run
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update update project.