* Sun Feb 15 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 1.6.0:
* Switch versioning scheme to <major>.<minor>.<patch>. Add settings
* for which SSL/TLS protocols to use (SSLProtocols),
which ciphers to enable (SSLCiphers). By default TLSv1+ are enabled,
SSLv2/3 are disabled. Default ciphers are what Mozilla advices:
* Validate SSL certificates. Allow clients to specify an ID as part of
(user[@identifier][/network]). Currently not used, but modules can
* Add alias module for ZNC-side command interception and processing.
* Support character encodings with separate settings for networks,
and for clients. It replaces older charset module, which didn't work
well with webadmin, log and other modules.
* Support X-Forwarded-For HTTP header, used with new TrustedProxy
* setting. Add URIPrefix option for HTTP listeners, used with reverse
* proxy. Store query buffers per query the same way it's done for
add new option AutoClearQueryBuffer.
* Add DisableChan command to *status, it was available only in
* Allow wildcards in arguments of Help commands of *status and
* Support IRCv3.2 batches, used for buffer playbacks. Support IRCv3.2
* self-message. Remove awaynick module. It's considered bad etiquette.
* Add JoinDelay setting, which allows a delay between
connection to server, and joining first channel. By default it joins
immediately after connect.
* Make Detach, EnableChan and DisableChan commands of *status
accept multiple channels.
* znc-buildmod: Build output to the current working directory. Wrap
* long lines in tables (e.g. in Help or
* Support ECDHE if available in OpenSSL. Report ZNC version more
* consistently, add HideVersion
setting, which hides ZNC version from public.
* Bump compiler requirements to support C++11. This means
GCC 4.7+, Clang 3.2+, SWIG 3.0.0+.
- Drop support for old distributions since they lack support for
- Drop package extra, all modules are now in znc
- Disable colloquy plugin since it fails to build
- Drop init script
* Mon Feb 09 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rename znc-python to znc-python3
- Add signature and znc.keyring
- Reorder source names
- Correct (pre) dependencies for older releases of openSUSE
* Tue Sep 30 2014 email@example.com
- Use proper licence
- Some tiny spec file cleanups
* Mon Sep 29 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tighter dependency for perl
- Cleanup specfile
* Mon Sep 29 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new version (1.4)
- Split to more packages
- Enable perl, python and tcl modules
- Remove obsolete modules
- Spec file cleanup
* Sat Jan 05 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- add cap_sasl to support sasl which is needed for cloak usage.
* Mon Sep 17 2012 email@example.com
- update to 0.206 (bugfix release)
- Identfile: don't crash when ZNC is shutting down.
- CTCPReplies setting with empty value now blocks those CTCP
requests to the client.
- Show more sane error messages instead of "Error: Success".
- Imapauth: Follow RFC more closely.
- "No" is a false value too.
* Wed Jan 25 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.204 (CVE-2012-0033)
* Fix a crash in bouncedcc module with DCC RESUME.
* Fix modperl compilation.
* Don't use mkdir during install.
* Check for the swig2.0 binary too, instead of only swig.
* Sun Sep 25 2011 email@example.com
- update to 0.202 (bugfix release)
* Fix a crash when a user changes the buffer size of a channel.
* Wed Sep 14 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.200
- Move ident spoofing from ZNC core into new identfile module.
- Move dcc handling from ZNC core into new modules bouncedcc and dcc.
- Remove the obsolete fixfreenode module.
- New module: cert
- Move away into ZNC-Extra.
- remove remote services, just use it local
* Thu Mar 31 2011 email@example.com
- update to 0.098
- new module: modpython (not enabled in this package)
- webinterface for modules perform and listsockets
- admin can disconnect/reconnect other users
- user modules:
- colloquy (Push private messages and highlights to
your iPhone/iPod Touch via Colloquy Mobile.)
- update twitter (ssl and new api support)
* Mon Nov 08 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.096
- new modules: clearbufferonmsg, certauth
- new global setting: MaxBufferSize
- new config option: SSLCertFile
- module route_replies now also supports routing channel ban
lists, ban exemptions and invite exceptions
- big perl overhaul (not part of this package)
* Tue Jul 06 2010 email@example.com
- updated twitter module
* Mon Jul 05 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.092
- Webmods - Every module can now provide its own webpages.
sessions instead of HTTP authentication.
- ZNC can now listen on IPv4-only, IPv6-only or on both-IP
sockets. Renamed "Listen" config option to "Listener".
- Added AddPort, DelPort, ListPorts command to *status.
- Added a traffic info page to webadmin.
* Fri Feb 19 2010 email@example.com
- update to 0.080
New Webadmin default skin with UTF-8 support
* Tue Dec 29 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- added twitter module
* Mon Dec 28 2009 email@example.com
- update to 0.078
Fixed a possible crash if a client disconnected before an auth
module was able to verify the login.
* Fri Jul 24 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.074
ALL ZNC versions prior to 0.072 have a path traversal bug in
core. Users with a valid login are able to write files to all
places to which ZNC has write access. This means they could
upload and load new modules which do anything imaginable.
* Wed Feb 25 2009 email@example.com
- added znc-0.066_sles9_configure.patch:
fix build on sles9
* Tue Feb 24 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.066
ALL ZNC versions have a privilege escalation bug in webadmin.
Users with a valid login are able to write arbitrary lines to
your znc.conf which means they can make themselves admin, load
the shell module or temporarily overwrite any files znc has
access to (e.g. ~/.ssh/authorized_keys) via ISpoof. This bug can
only be abused when ZNC is restarted or rehashed, so check your
config before you do so!
This bug is fixed in znc 0.066. Update as soon as possible!
for all the details see http://en.znc.in/wiki/ChangeLog/0.066
- fix rpmlint warnings
- split out devel package