* Sat Mar 02 2019 Karl Cheng <email@example.com>
- Fix missing python-xml runtime requirement.
* Mon Dec 17 2018 Karol Babioch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.69:
* Performance improvements for indexing large notebooks
* Performance improvement for auto-completion of page names in dialogs
* Updated translations from launchpad
* Fri Mar 23 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.68:
* Critical fixes:
+ For updating links on move page and rename page
+ For rename page and indexing on case-insensitive file systems
* Fix regressions:
+ In tasklist option to _not_ regard all checkboxes as tasks
+ In index navigation with previous page and next page
* Other fixes:
+ Memory leak in spell checker plugin
+ Multi-line selections in linesorter plugin
+ Opening notebook list from tray icon
+ "-s" commandline argument for exporting
+ importing attachments in quicknote plugin commandline use
* New features:
+ Pathbar now reveals more path elements in case of ambiguous
+ Add "font" property for use in "styles.conf"
+ Add "navigation.home" to template parser for export
+ Extend interface for "image generator" plugins
* Miscellaneous changes:
+ Version control plugin updated to better handle git staging
+ Code cleaned up to be a bit PEP8 compliant and more future
proof for python3 conversion
- Rename appdata XML to reflect changed component ID
* Also relocate to /usr/share/mimeinfo instead of legacy
* Sat Sep 23 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.67:
+ Critical fixes:
- For missing page headers & remembering custom headers.
- By removing dependency on threading for index and socket
. Hidden option to also do autosave without thread to test
- For handling unicode file names on windows.
+ More robustness:
- For socket errors, fallback to --standalone automaticlly.
- At startup when default notebook went missing, fallback
- In preferences dialog when plugins give exceptions.
- For invalid dates in tasklist parser.
+ Merge patch to add accelerators for bookmarks.
+ Fix regressions:
- In close-page when autosave ongoing.
- Drag-n-drop index pane.
- For keybindings in index pane.
- For attaching files.
- For opening folders.
- In opening inter-wiki links.
- In custom tools.
- In completion of page name in dialog entry.
- In quicknote "--attachments" option.
- For quicknote plugin due to process management.
- In date format for recentchanges dialog.
- In custom tool execution.
+ Fixes for unicode: In auto-linking and arithmetic plugin.
+ More fixes:
- "insert image" also inserting a text link.
- Search regex for chinese language to not match whitespace for
start/end of word.
- Table editor plugin when sorting rows.
- Wrong usage of escapes in latex export for verbatim blocks.
- The issue where config values go missing if not used.
- Error for file shortcuts in various dialogs.
- Indexing errors on move/rename page.
- Changes from version 0.66:
+ Multiple notebooks run as single process now to reduce
multi-process complexity - more robust startup, reduce need for
+ SQLite indexer re-written to fix long standing bugs and design
flaws with indexing.
+ Improved performance tag filtering in side pane.
+ Detect pages have changed on disk, even when page present in
+ Bug fix for drag-n-drop of text within the editor.
+ New checkbox type available for "moved task" for journal
+ Context menu defined for checkboxes.
+ Horizontal lines "<HR>" added to wiki syntax.
+ Pathbar buttons can now also be used to insert page links by
+ Added to context mennu for pages: "search in section" and
+ Keyboard navigation of plugin tab in preferences dialog.
+ Allow "mailto:" links contain arguments like "?subject=".
+ Tasklist plugin:
- Now also available embedded in side pane.
. Syntax for including due and start dates.
. Formatting priority column including
. "flat list" mode to only see lowest level tasks.
- Removed support for "next" label.
- Dialog now remembers sorting.
+ Versioncontrol plugin:
- git: removed global "git add", instead
stage individual files.
- fossil: fix for fossil "addremove".
+ Attachment browser: bug fix for drag-n-drop.
+ Linesorter plugin: added keybindings to move / duplicate /
+ Sourceview plugin:
- Bug fixes:
. To make export via commandline also use objects.
. To follow editable state of parent window.
+ Bookmarks plugin updates.
+ Tableeditor plugin: bug fix for links.
+ Linkmap plugin: bug fix "unexpected char '-'".
+ Arithmic plugin: bug fix to allow negative numbers.
- Templates are now translatable, using "gettext()".
- Index API completely changed, see tasklist for a plugin
. Module for file-system interaction, to be used in new
. Parsing strategy based on tokenlist, used for tasklist
- Defined notebook API for concurrent operations in gtk main
- Simplified SignalEmitter code.
- Removed support for maemo build - code went stale.
- Make package build reproducible.
+ Updated translations.
- Drop /usr/bin/update-mime-database in %post/%postun: its use is
obsolete and now is covered by file triggers.
- Add conditional %desktop_database_*, %icon_theme_cache_* and
%mime_database_* post/postun macros for versions older than
tumbleweed: tumbleweed and factory now use file triggers.
- Add conditional use to shared-mime-info BuildRequires: only old
suse versions need it.
- Drop obsoleted conditionals for versions older than 11.2: not
* Wed Nov 11 2015 email@example.com
- Updated to version 0.65:
+ <Control> keybindings fail for older gtk versions, and in
particular for the <Control><Space> keybinding.
+ The table editor tends to drop columns of content in the
precences of empty cells.
+ Features from 0.64
- Bookmark plugin.
- Updated spell plugin to allow using gtkspellcheck as backend.
- Updated attachmentbrowser plugin with new thumbnailing logic.
- Speed up of sqlite indexing.
- Updated support for OS X.
- Bug fixes for the Fossil version control support.
- Bug fixes for locale in strftime and strxfrm functions.
- Bug fix to avoid overwriting the accelmap config file.
* Mon Jun 15 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.63:
+ Table plugin.
+ Support for Fossil version control.
+ Many bug fixes.
* Wed Oct 01 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.62 (boo#899449):
+ Fixed broken Source View plugin.
+ Fixed Tray Icon plugin for Ubuntu.
+ Fixed bug with Caps Lock on windows.
+ Fixed behavior of New Page dialog.
+ Fixed status parsing for Git backend.
+ Fixed bug with CamelCase parsing for Persian & Arabic script.
+ Fixed parsing of numbered list character to be robust for
+ Fixed bug with www server dialog.
+ Fixed bug in Go Child Page action.
+ Fixed export using the S5 slideshow template - now splits by
+ Fixed bug in indexing for python 2.6.
+ Fixed bug in Open Notebook dialog when selecting current
+ Changed lookup path for 3rd party plugin modules - now uses XDG
+ Merged patch to support more screenshot tools in the Insert
+ Updated Sort Lines plugin to use natural sorting for unicode.
+ Added control for handling of line breaks in HTML export.
+ Changed rendering of checkboxes in HTML export.
+ Merged patch to set image size for GNU R plugin.
+ Added control to toggle full page name in Tag index view.
+ Added handling of SIGTERM signal.
* Fri Aug 08 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.61:
+ Full refactoring of code for parsing and processing wiki syntax
making parser easier to extend and document interface more
+ Full refactoring of code for plugin framework making plugins
more flexible by defining decorators for specific application
+ Full refactoring of code for exporting pages from zim
- Now supports MHTML export format.
- Supports exporting multiple pages to a single file.
- Supports recursive export of a page and all it's sub-pages.
- Templates now support many more instructions and expressions.
+ Full refactoring of the code for parsing commandline commands
and initializing the application.
+ New config manager code to make parsing and handling of config
files more robust.
+ Merged new plugin for editing sequence diagrams.
+ Improved the ToC plugin with floating widget.
+ Fixed unicode issue when calling external applications, and in
particular for the hg and git commands.
+ Fixed support for unicode CamelCase word detection.
+ Fixed bug on windows with unicode user names in background
+ Changed "tags" plugin to show full page paths in the pre-tag
+ Added option for custom commands to replace the current
+ Added keybindings for XF86Back and XF86Forward.
+ Many small fixes & patches.
+ Updated translations.
- Add python-xml BuildRequires: new dependency.
* Fri May 03 2013 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.60:
+ In this release the required python version is changed from
2.5 to 2.6.
+ Added a Recent Changes dialog and a Recent Changes pathbar
+ Added search entry to toolbar.
+ Added function to attachment browser plugin to zoom icon size.
+ Added new template.
+ Critical bug fix for using templates that have a resources
+ Fix for week number in Journal plugin page template (again).
+ Fix for focus switching with distraction free editing plugin.
+ Fix for handling BOM character at start of file.
+ Fixed quicknote dialog to ask for confirmation on discard.
+ Fix to allow calling executables that do not end in .exe on
+ Fix for various typos in the manual.
+ Removed custom zim.www.Server class in favor of standard
* Thu Jan 24 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.59:
+ Fixed a critical bug in the editor widget that can lead to
loss of content for specific combinations of formatting.
+ Fixed week numbers in Journal pages.
+ Improved Tasklist tag inheritance.
* Sun Dec 16 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.58:
+ New plugin for distraction free fullscreen mode.
+ Added options to limit tasklist plugin to certain namespaces.
+ Added option to tasklist plugin to flag non-actionable tasks by
a special tag.
+ Added prompt for filename for Insert New File action.
+ Added template option to list attachments in export.
+ Added class attributes to links in HTML output.
+ Added two more commandline options to quicknote plugin.
+ Made sidepanes more compact by embedding close buttons in
+ Critical fix for restarting zim after a crash (cleaning up
+ Several bugs fixed.
+ Fix first day of week locale for calendar plugin.
+ Fix for handling "file:/" and "file://" URIs in links.
+ Fix for windows to not open consoles for each external
+ Fix for windows to put config files under %APPDATA%.
+ Fix to have "update heading" toggle in rename dialog more
+ Fix to make template errors report relevant error dialogs.
+ Fix for search and replace whitespace in pageview.
+ Various small fixes.
* Fri Oct 12 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.57:
+ New features:
- Option to export to ReST
+ New plugins:
- Insert music scores using GNU Lilypond
- Zeitgeist integration.
+ A rework of the side panes
+ Allowing plugins to be positioned on any side
+ Simpler configuration for external applications
+ A critical bug fix for the version control plugin
+ Improved the attachment browser, the calendar plugin and the
+ Updated translations.
* Thu Apr 26 2012 email@example.com
- Cleanup package originally created by Matthias Propst
<firstname.lastname@example.org> (using zim 0.55).
- Update to version 0.56:
+ Add support for version control with Mercurial and Git as
backend in addition to the previous Bazaar support.
+ Add drag & drop support to attachment browser.
+ Notebooks now can have a notebook specific configuration
+ Add new plugin to handle "ditaa" diagrams.
+ Fix critical bug that prevented opening email addresses without
a "mailto:" prefix.
+ Fix bug where context menu for page index applied to the
+ Make sidepane and tagcloud remember state.
+ Updated translations.