* Sun Mar 11 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 7.20
+ Add the soft renderer back. This feature is considered experimental.
The porting of the old soft renderer code to SDL and it's cleanup
were done by Denis Pauk.
+ Rename several cvars to be consistent across different renderers.
The configuration file will be converted at the first start, when an
old cvar name is used a message is printed.
+ Make the client unicode compatible. Yamagi Quake II can now be
installed into pathes with unicode characters in it. On Windows the
user name of the current account may contain unicode characters.
As a side effect the game can run on ReFS volumes. While '+set
basedir' is still supported, the unicode compatible '-datadir'
should be used.
+ Another round of timing fixes. The game is now capable of holding
the requestes or vsync framerate even on slow machines and with
problematic GL drivers.
+ Fix server side mod handling, their configs are now saved to the
correct directories and the configs are reexeced at mod startup.
* Sun Dec 10 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 7.10
+ Joystick support including haptic feedback. This fantastic work was
done by Denis Pauk. The dirty work is done by SDL, how good or bad
a joystick or gamepad is supported depends on SDLs support for it.
+ Fix the old SDL sound backend, s_openal set to 0 is working again.
+ Fix possible Vorbis buffer underruns if too many sound samples are
in flight. This occured only in large multi player games with at
least 6 custom models.
+ Fix a possible crash on Windows if MSAA was set to a value not
supported by the driver.
+ It's now possible to play through the whole game on a Raspberry PI
and other ARM boards. Please note that the RPIs hardware is really
limited. Only the OpenGL 1.4 renderer is supported and the framerate
is highly dependend on the screen resolution.
* Sun Oct 01 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 7.0.2
+ Fix several corner cases regarding render library loading. The game
should now always fall back to the OpenGL 1.4 renderer if the new
OpenGL 3.2 renderer can't be initialized. Also the game aborts if no
useable OpenGL implementation exists.
+ Refactor the search path code. This should fix several bugs with
Quake II writing to the wrong directories or being unable to find
some / all assets.
+ Reimplement portable binaries. If called with the -portable command
line option Quake II saves all data (configs, savegames, screenshorts
etc.) into it's systemwide installation directory and not users home
directory. In contrast to the old implementation on Windows stdout.txt
contains all output, the first lines are no longer missing.
+ vid_fullscreen set to 1 now keeps the desktops resolution. Set it to 2
to change the resolution.
+ Instead of a list with precalculated FOV values the video menu now
shows a slider with possible values from 60 to 120. Horplus is now
always enabled, set the horplus cvar to 0 to disable it.
+ The game is now able to hold the requested framerate (either by the
vsync or the gl_maxfps cvar) with an accuracy of about +/- 1% as long
as the hardware is fast enough. The framecounter was reimplemented
to be much more precise.
+ Fix misspredictions if an original client running on Win32 connects
to a Yamagi Quake II server running on Linux/i386.
- Remove patch:
+ yamagi-quake2-fix-OpenGL-linking.diff (fixed upstream)
* Tue Jun 27 2017 email@example.com
- Fix broken appdata xml
* Sat Jun 24 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 7.0.1
+ Fix build of GL3 for platforms without SSE.
+ Fix Jennel Jaquays name in credits and quit screen.
* Tue Jun 20 2017 email@example.com
- fix reproducible builds again
* Fri Jun 09 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 7.0.0
+ Remove the broken multitexturing render path from the OpenGL 1.4
renderer. It was switched off by default in 6.00.
+ Reimplement the support for shared renderer libraries. Please note
the this is an incompatible implementation with an custom API. The
original renderer libraries will not work!
+ Implement an OpenGL 3.2 renderer. This renderer has the same look
and feel as the old OpenGL 1.4 renderer but makes heavy use of
modern OpenGL and GPU features. An OpenGL 3.2 capable GPU (Intel
starting with Ivy Bridge on Windows or Sandy Bridge on Linux, Nvidia
staring with G80 and AMD starting with R600 / HD2000) is required.
+ Fix OpenAL compatibility with modern openal-soft versions.
+ Several fixes and optimizations to OpenAL, implement support for
doppler effects. (by xorw)
- Add patch:
* Tue May 02 2017 email@example.com
- use convert -strip to not have timestamps in png files
to make build fully reproducible
* Fri Feb 10 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add appdata.xml
* Fri Dec 16 2016 email@example.com
Update to version 6.00
- Make the client asynchronous. The old behaviour can be forced by
setting cl_async to 0. Please note that asynchronicity can lead
to problems if the old SDL 1.2 backend is used and vsync is
- Implement gl_overbrightbits in the non multitexturing case. A
value of 1 just fixes lighting on water surfaces, higher values
increase the brightness of everything.
- General renderer overhaul for better compatibility with modern GPU
OpenGL 1.4 is now required, older versions are no longer supported.
Multitexturing was deprecated and will be removed in a future
- Fix some longstanding AI problems.
- Several general gameplay fixes.
- patch allow-custom-cflags.patch has been removed due to the
package being forked in factory
* Mon Aug 01 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Install into _libexecdir
- Install icons into icon-theme directory (hicolor)
* Mon Aug 01 2016 email@example.com
- remove patch: yamagi-quake2-allow-overriding-cflags.patch since
upstream now also have CMake support without this problem
- install binaries and libs to /usr/lib/yamagi-quake2/ and use a
wrapper-script in /usr/bin/ to workaround rpath issues
- fix source url
* Tue Jul 19 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed file-contains-date-and-time rpmlint error
- Added allow-custom-cflags.patch to allow custom cflags for
- Compile with optflags
* Mon Jul 18 2016 email@example.com
- Update description to highlight the user-visible changes rather
than implementation details.
* Fri Jul 15 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleanup and prepare for Factory submission
* Sun Jul 10 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 5.34:
+ Add support for stereo 3D (by Valery Guskov)
+ Make gibt solid so they move with conveyor belts.
+ Disable gl_ext_multitexturing by default.
+ Switch from an arch whitelist to an "all archs are supported"
+ Add a new README.
* Thu May 19 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 5.33
+ Add OGG volume slider in settings menu
+ Fixed some bugs in volume settings
- Remove unnessesary patch file
* Wed Jan 01 2014 email@example.com
- Initial packaging
* Thu Feb 07 2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 7.40
* Add support for HTTP downloads. Both the r1q2 and q2pro URL schemes
are supported, if a file is unavailable over HTTP the download code
falls back to UDP.
* Savegames can be removed through the menu by pressing 'del' on the
* Support external entity files.
* Some fixes to OGG/Vorbis music playback. The music keeps playing after
s_restart and ogg_shuffle is handled correctly by the menu.
* Another round of timing fixes. Average frame times are now taken into
account when taking an educated guess on the next frames render time.
And the display refresh rate detection no longer cripple working GPU
drivers in an efford to work around bugs in older version of AMDs.
* A lot of fixes to the internal memory management. The game is now
much more memory efficient, this allows playing of extremly big maps
without crashes. This is largly based upon work done by Denis Pauk.
* New and much more detailed documentation.
* Enhancements to the software renderer. Retexturing packs are now
supported, general cleanup and bugfixes.
* Tue Oct 02 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 7.30
+ Removed support for SDL 1.2.
+ Removed static dependencies to libogg, libvorbis and libz.
+ Fixed several bugs regarding render- and fullscreen switch.
+ A lot of fixes and improvements to the software renderer. It's now
able to render the whole game without artifacts and much faster than
* Sat Jul 14 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 7.21
+ Fix some render glitches in the software renderer. (by Denis Pauk)
+ Render the weapon independent of the current field of view, otherwise
the weapon distorts with very high FOV settings. The weapons FOV can
be set through r_gunfov, it defaults to 90.
+ Rework the OGG/Vorbis backend. This fixes several annoying bugs, and
adds support for alternative track <=> file mappings. Use this to
implement support for the audio tracks supplied by the GOG.com version
of Quake II.