* Tue Feb 27 2018 email@example.com
- Remove unneeded dependencies, update existing version checks
* Tue Feb 27 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove no longer present libinput configure toggle
* Thu Sep 14 2017 email@example.com
- Rectify license field.
* Wed Sep 13 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop broken conditional pkgconfig(freerdp) BuildRequires,
pkgconfig(freerdp2) is available on all supported versions of
* Wed Aug 09 2017 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 3.0
* Improvement to the integration of drm_fb within the DRM
* Make libdrm a non-optional build-time dependency
* Handle multi-head repainting globally rather than per-output,
with output routing rearranged a bit to allow slightly faster
* libweston's output interface has been refactored a fair bit,
including unexporting the symbols
weston_compositor_add_output and weston_output_update_matrix.
* Tue Feb 21 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.0
* Support for EGL_KHR_swap_buffers_with_damage.
* Backends are ported to the new API for output setup.
* Support for DRM_FORMAT_YUV444 buffers in the GL backend.
* Better panel positioning support for desktop-shell.
* Improved XWayland warning messages.
* Wed Sep 21 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.12.0
* Weston's internal code has been restructured into a new
software library, libweston. This is for use by other
compositor efforts that want to more easily utilize Weston's
internal functionalities. Weston's own compositor is now a user
of this library.
* Another new library named libweston-desktop provides an
additional level of functionality of relevance to compositors
implementing a desktop metaphor style of graphical interface.
* Both libraries' APIs are subject to change.
* Support for the new version 6 of the xdg_shell protocol has been
implemented in the Weston compositor.
* A pointer locking and confinement API is implemented for Weston
using the wp_pointer_constraints protocol, to allow clients to
define window regions to confine the pointer to.
* Wed Jun 01 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.11.0
* Fix crash when focused client doesn't have pointer resources.
* Fix crash on destruction of clients with two or more surfaces.
* Fix wrong background surface size and wrong panel width in
* Fix bad pointer passed to memcpy in drm_output_choose_initial_mode.
* IVI: A large number of unnecessary API calls were dropped or
* Add new icons for weston terminal, flower, and editor clients.
* Thu Feb 18 2016 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.10
* add support for a number of recently added Wayland protocols:
drag and drop actions, new frame and axis events, and buffer
co-ordinates for surface damage.
* Touch input support is added.
- Update to new upstream relaese 1.9
* Input device hotplug is better polished, so it misbehaves less
frequently when adding and removing keyboards and mice. This
* weston shell: switched the middle and right mouse bindings, so
that the more useful window resize functionality is accessed via
the right button, and the less useful rotate-windows
functionality is on the middle.
* The DRM compositor is now able to handle triple-head graphics
cards, and other hardware with more than two output CRTCs per
card. Various mode-setting improvements and fixes are also
* The weston-screensaver client is removed, in favor of just using
* Wed Jun 03 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.8.0
* Feature changes include: repaint scheduling, named outputs,
output transformations, EGL improvements to gl-renderer,
surface-shooting API, source clipping and view scissor in the
pixman renderer, and adding Cut/Copy/Paste support to the
* There is a new "headless rendering" test framework feature.
This allows test cases to run weston synthetically, and instead
of drawing to a physical monitor, to draw to an artificial
monitor that is just an in-memory bitmap buffer.
* Tue Mar 10 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 1.7.0
* Improve the look of shadows for small (<128 pixel wide or high)
clients. This resulted in observable dark lines in menus with
fewer than 3 items.
* A handful of fixes for xwm/Xwayland oddities, including better
handling of popups/tooltips that to be top level, and better
sizing of fullscreened X apps to not include the border in
their height and
* An optimization to gl-renderer reduces the geometry needed for
representing complex scenes, by utilizing pixman's y-x banded
* Memory allocation is cleaned up and standardized internally, to
better demonstrate best practices in avoiding common leaks and
* Doubleclicking on a window title bar now maximizes it.
* Several fixes to glitches found during mode switching or
restoring back to native. And refactor the mode switching code
into several specialized routines, so further mode switch
handling can be done more flexibly.
* Fix logind-util to do DRM-device synchronization only on DRM,
and to pass the Activate signal immediately for other
* Fix a couple problematic tests in the testsuite to skip in
situations they're always going to fail.
* Fix hang when closing the output if colord plugin is enabled
due to an incorrect GMutex value in the mutex lock output
* Multiple keyboard and pointer button events are better
handled; we only forward the first and less press and
release events, and suppress extraneous ones.
* Tue Jan 27 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream prerelease 1.6.92
* gl-renderer: compress pixman bands to simplify geometry
* compositor-headless: allow rendering with pixman
* compositor: Add idle timeout option to weston.ini
* protocol: add presentation extension v5
* compositor: add stub implementation of presentation interface
* compositor: drop legacy backends in favor of libinput
* Thu Jan 22 2015 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.6.1
* cairo-util: fix shadows for small clients
* clipboard: set fd member of clipboard_source
* compositor: add missing newline to help text
* compositor: Display option help text only for enabled backends
* compositor: Fix tabbing of help output
* compositor: Fix typos in help text
* compositor: List only available backends in help text
* compositor: Propagate errors from module_init
* compositor: (Whitespace-only) Indent with tabs
* compositor-x11: Fix some shutdown crashes
* configure.ac: bump version to 1.6.1 for stable release
* configure.ac: Clarify libinput requirement
* desktop-shell: don't crash input-panel if no kbd focus
* dnd: Fix some mouse cursor issues
* input: don't run the key bindings on focus in
* input: fix access to invalid resource
* input: swallow the key press event when running a compositor key binding
* Makefile.am: Link weston_multi_resource against rt library
* protocol: Fix some typos in protocol files
* releasing: Typo
* releasing: update web host name
* shell: don't crash on create_common_surface() failure
* shell: fix weston_output_mode_switch() usage
* smoke: Don't commit an xdg_surface with a NULL buffer
* smoke: fix valgrind invalid read errors
* text: Don't crash if a seat has no keyboard
* text: Fix some typos
* text: Fix typo
* window: use roundtrip instead of dispatch after get_registry
* xwayland: fix fullscreening
* xwm: fix a crash in handle_state
* zoom: Check the value of level before using it.
- Disable libinput backend for now as it requires libinput < 0.8.0.
* Fri Sep 19 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.6.0
* Xdg-shell protocol changes. [Changed again since 1.5.0.]
* Add weston_layer masking mechanism.
* keyboard repeat rate support, sent from compositor to clients,
* Use wl_display_add_socket_auto(): no need to specify the socket
anymore when running Weston under Weston, it just works now.
* Exit Weston, if weston-desktop-shell dies too early. Should help with
one class of "just black screen" problems.
* Option to force numlock on at start on DRM and fbdev backends.
* Fri Sep 12 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.5.93
* Weston is now more picky about incorrect command line arguments.
* Weston's libinput backend, which is enabled by default, now
requires libinput 0.6.0.
* Mon Sep 08 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.5.92
* No changelog provided yet (comes with 1.6.0 later)
- Add 0001-build-honor-results-obtained-by-pkg-config-libinput.patch
* Tue Jul 22 2014 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.5.0
* More work on xdg-shell, still not complete. The minimize feature
* The weston input stack was split out as a new library, libinput.
Weston can be configured to link to libinput for input but defaults
to the built in input code for now.
* Weston now uses the new Xwayland server. The Xwayland code was
refactored to be its own X server in the Xorg tree, similar to how
Xwin and Xquartz and Xnest work.
* Animated window closing. A minor feature, but it validates the
mechanism for keeping surfaces around after the client that created
them goes away.
* Fullscreen shell. The fullscreen shell provides a mechanism for a
single client to provide a fullscreen surface, for kiosk-mode or
appliance type use cases.
* Weston now supports different color dephts on different outputs.
* Weston now uses non-recursive Makefiles.
* Fri Jan 24 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.4.0
* Window buttons for xwayland windows and proper decorations for
the nested compositor
* Make the gl-renderer a loadable module and make it possible to
switch from pixman to gl renderer at runtime. This lets the
compositor start up faster, since we can load the gl-renderer
and initialize EGL+GLES2 later in the startup.
* Support framebuffer formats other than XRGB8888
* Use logind for privileged access. logind can now do the this
that weston-launch used to do: drm drop/set master and opening
input devices. With this, weston can run on KMS without the
weston-launch setuid helper.
* Better output unplug handling. We used to crash and in general
not handle output (monitor) unplug at all. We now clean up
properly and move windows back into the visible region when
their output is unplugged.
* Keyboard focus animation and exposay (exposé-like window picker)
* More touch screen support, including touch-to-move and
touch-to-activate for surfaces, touch screen drag-and-drop
* Tue Dec 24 2013 email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.3.91
* No upstream news was provided
* Thu Oct 17 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.3.0
* HW accelerated screen capture using libva. This adds realtime
H.264 screen capture to Weston
* Multi-resource input events
* Better touch support: better support in clients, critical bug
fixes in the evdev touch code
* XWM: better fullscreen support, support for drag-and-drop from
X to wayland
* weston-launch: modified behavior, now two modes of operation: run
from a vt after logging in or run from an init script with -u.
setup and restore tty in weston-launch, handle vt switch and
drop/set master in weston-launch.
* Support for RGB565 client buffers in gl and pixman renderers
* New WL_OUTPUT udev attribute for matching touch screen input
devices to their outputs.
* weston-terminal: Better support for wide (CJK) characters