* Wed May 09 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Replace python-pyexiv2 with python-gexiv2 Requires, this was
ported back in version 0.6.4.
* Sat Sep 23 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.6.6:
* [Security] Fixed multiple shell injection issues in the
"Delete to Trash", filter, and clock code.
* Add long-awaited wallpaper changing support on KDE Plasma 5.
* Fix crash when gi-appindicator isn't installed.
* Removed verbose console output by default, as this tends to
spam syslog and ~/.xsession-errors when launched via autostart,
* Fixed Variety showing the wrong version in the About dialog.
- Changes from version 0.6.5:
* Fix "Previous" wallpaper button on MATE 1.10 and later.
* Fix quote applying with Pillow >= 4.2.0.
* Remove Panoramio support, as that service no longer exists.
* Fix high CPU usage when mousing away from the thumbnail
* Add trinity-desktop support and AppStream metadata for GNOME
- Changes from version 0.6.4:
* Remove automatic killswitch for old versions.
- Changes from version 0.6.3:
* Add way to outdate old versions.
- Changes from version 0.6.2:
* Safe mode added for filtering out NSFW images.
* Initial version of anonymous stats reporting.
- Changes from version 0.6.1:
* Workaround for Wallhaven SSL issues.
* Removed code for no-longer supported Wallpapers.net source.
- Drop variety-fix-varietyconfig-path.patch as this is upstreamed.
- Drop variety-webkit3.0.patch as webkitgtk obsolete and Panoramio
support dropped upstream.
- Add variety-appdata-path.patch: Set correct name/path for
appdata not metadata.
* Thu Mar 03 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spec cleaner run
* Tue Mar 01 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 0.6.0
* Support for variety slideshow (Separate package to come later)
* Using official Unsplash JSON API.
* support for i3, openbox, Awesome WM (Awesome requires manual
changes to set_wallpaper script)
* Sun Jan 03 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.5.5
Updated translation files
Added some more default image sources
Disable Latest source by default, put NSFW warning in description
set_wallpaper: Fix support for KDE Plasma 5
Fixed minor typo in Add Reddit dialog
* Fri Aug 14 2015 email@example.com
- Use gnome-introspection to pick up typelib deps
- Use slightly larger shelf icons (todo: get these to follow fdo standard)
* Fri Aug 07 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.5.4
Updated setup.py to not change icon paths in desktop file
Remove requests dependency for UnsplashDownloader
Remove requests dependency for UnsplashDownloader
More localization-related fixes
Fix UI of all dialogs to prevent labels from maximizing them horizontally
Localization-related fixes. Updated translations.
Minor update to changes and tips info
Smart: updated report_file to heed needs_reupload response
Bumping version number to 0.5.4
Updated dependencies in debian/control to include python-requests
Disable sorting of Images table by clicking in header
UI cosmetics on non-Unity: Add some spacing between buttons next to Images table
Fix UI of PreferencesVarietyDialog to prevent labels from maximizing it horizontally
Use explicit python2 hashbangs in all scripts, as Ubuntu will be moving to Python 3 as default
Removed some unnecessary junk files
Unsplash: sanitize filenames of downloaded images, just in case some unexpected char pops up there in the future
Added support for Unsplash.com
Added Bing Photo of the Day image source
Update tests to run on local modules, not global Variety modules
Simplify Donate tab in Preferences
Small change to bin/variety to facilitate local testing when Variety is installed in the classic Debian way
Preparing to move Variety to a classic Debian-style package: Icons
Fixed Facebook publishing: use publish_actions scope
Fixes to LXQt support (thanks to Erik Nelson)
Add out-of-the-box support for LXQt (Thanks to panfren)
Better detection of images coming from MediaRSS feeds when sourceType is missing
Out-of-the-box support for i3-wm
* Sun Feb 15 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 0.5.3:
+ Fix fetching of Wallhaven image SFW rating.
+ Translation updates.
- Dropped variety-drop-unity-schema.patch it is no longer needed.
- Rebase variety-fix-varietyconfig-path.patch and
- Minor spec file enhancements.
* Wed Feb 04 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.5.2:
+ 5.0 changelog, 5.1 - 5.2 just contain minor fixes for issues
added in 5.0.
+ Wallhaven support (replaces wallbase.cc).
+ Reddit subreddit support.
+ Syncronisation of favorates between PC's.
+ SSmart: updated again some texts.
+ Removed some unnecessary delays in Timer calls.
+ Trashing was slow due to smart-reporting: update queues and
wallpaper first, report and delete in an outer thread
+ Added TestRedditDownloader
+ Initial registration screen: Register link instructs user to
look for a new browser tab.
+ Smart: updated some welcome screens texts
+ Smart: try to load user in init to avoid exception related to
+ Updated variety.pot.
+ Bumped version to 0.5.0.
+ Merged variety-smart branch, preparing for 0.5.0 release.
+ MediaRSS: use variety:author info when present.
+ Merged in Simotek's Enlightenment related fix.
+ Minor refactor: added VarietyWindow.register_downloaded_file.
+ Show Next and Previous in main menu only in non-Unity DEs
(Unity supports indicator scroll, no need for them there).
+ Make sure to delete metadata json when purging downloaded
+ Unicode: Make _u and _str transparent for None
+ Util.get_xdg_pictures_folder uses GLib.get_user_special_dir
(GLib.USER_DIRECTORY_PICTURES), not subprocess call to
+ Merge in multi-screen Enlightenment-related changes from
+ set_wallpaper: Do not call unity-greeter gsettings command, it
is causing issues on some machines.
+ Use another server options URL, specific for the current
+ Merge changes to indicator.py from variety-smart.
+ Merged in some changes from variety-smart.
+ Merged in updates to Downloaders from the variety-smart branch.
+ Next and previous options in main menu.
+ Bumping the version number to 0.4.21.
+ Added forgotten RedditDownloader.py.
+ Added support for Reddit as an image source.
+ Refactored out some duplicate code in AddXXXDialogs, added
+ Option to search image with Google Image Search.
+ More structured throttling of do_set_wp and scroll handling.
Fix to ThumbsWindow when showing bad file
+ Autostart desktop file: use bash || command to run Variety
wherever it is located. Create autostart entry on first run.
Update it on every version upgrade.
+ Minor fix to the desktop file.
+ Ensure Variety starts and works OK when there is no wallpaper
+ Fetch and save in EXIF SFW rating from Wallhaven.
+ Update to Wallhaven search.
+ Fixed some failing tests.
+ Removed some outdated quotes-related tests.
+ View at... option in right-click thumbnail menu as well.
+ Updates related to Wallbase->Wallhaven change, not possible
anymore to add Wallbase sources.
+ Wallbase -> Wallhaven update to default sources.
+ Adding Wallhaven.cc support.
+ Merging changes to reading/writing metadata from variety-smart.
+ Bugfix: do not remove delete wallpaper file in
+ Faceboook sharing: do not include link to full image, let
Facebook choose image itself.
+ Bugfix: Make sure all dialogs require just one click on the X
button to close.
+ Bugfix: Add image source dialogs required two clicks on the X
button to close.
+ Use proper origin URL for Desktoppr images.
+ Fix Unicode error related to non-ascii font names.
* Wed Jan 07 2015 email@example.com
- Require typelib-1_0-AppIndicator3-0_1 to make the systray work
on desktop environments that only support the newer appindicator
dbus interface for systrays (enlightenment, kde5 and unity).
* Fri Nov 14 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add variety-drop-unity-schema.patch: Remove gsetting for unity
error on stdout. Note, for existing installs, still need to edit
~/.config/variety/scripts/set_wallpaper [line 123].
* Tue Nov 11 2014 email@example.com
- Add variety-webkit3.0.patch: Specify in the code that we require
WebKit 3.0, not 'any' WebKit.
* Wed Aug 13 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.4.20:
+ set_wallpaper: Do not call the XFCE-related code when
xfconf-query is not present.
+ Unicode-related fixes (logging with -vvv was throwing
- Changes from version 0.4.19:
+ Fix to Facebook first run dialog.
+ Separate Author entry in menu for images from Panoramio.
+ Save author when dowloading from Panoramio.
+ Panoramio support: added search box.
+ Panoramio support, initial drop.
+ Thumbs: show 100, not 200 images, reduces CPU spike period.
+ Menu: merged Playback and Image submenus.
+ Facebook sharing: Updated text of first time dialog.
+ Facebook sharing updates, bugfix.
+ Polishing updates to Facebook publishing. Easy way to include
quote with image.
+ Facebook authentication uses variety:// redirects, not internal
+ More explicit Unicode handling. Tackle unicode encode/decode
errors by working with unicode internally for filepaths,
+ Minor update to indicator icon.
+ Use 22px png for the indicator, not svg - works better in XFCE
+ Minor fix related to clipboard monitoring hosts.
+ Removed preferences for Facebook and Rating menuitems, not
+ Added support for Enlightenment.
+ Streamlining the menu, TODO: remove preferences for Facebook
and Rating menuitems.
+ Menuitem and command option to show thumbsbar for manual
+ Fixing Wallpapers.net support.
+ Update Flickr calls to use https (Flickr closed non-SSL API
+ Cinnamon: Fix for reverting scaling mode to Zoom on every WP
+ Updated translations.
- Rebase variety-fix-varietyconfig-path.patch.
* Mon Jul 14 2014 email@example.com
- Initial build.
- Add patch variety-fix-varietyconfig-path.patch: Set correct path