* Sun Feb 18 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- tig 2.3.3:
* Fix 100% CPU when closing terminal window before quitting tig
by catching SIGHUP.
* Change refs_tags type to size_t.
* Revert "Handle \n like \r (#758)" from 2.3.1
* Sat Dec 23 2017 email@example.com
- tig 2.3.2:
* Improve how busy loop detection performs on large repos
- tig 2.3.1:
- Restore TTY attributes
- Handle \n like \r
* Bug fixes:
- Add workaround that detects busy loops when Tig loses the
TTY. This may happen if Tig does not receive the HUP signal
(e.g. when started with nohup)
- compatibility with ncurses-5.4 (clipboard support for prompt)
- tig(1): document correct environment variable
- use macros to simplify build and install steps
* Fri Sep 29 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- tig 2.3.0:
* The `width` setting on the `status`, `text` and `commit-title`
columns was never applied and has been removed
* improve load performance and rendering speed
* Enable binding to more symbolic keys and keys with control
* Store and readline history on disk
* Various bug fixes
- drop upstreamed patches:
* tig-remove_build_timestamp.patch, reproducible.patch
* Sat May 06 2017 email@example.com
- tig 2.2.2:
* The status-untracked-dirs option was renamed to
status-show-untracked-dirs to match the new
* Use diff-options when preparing the diff in the stage view to
make the diff state configurable
* Add 'status-show-untracked-files' option mirroring Git's
'status.showUntrackedFiles' to toggle display of untracked
files in the status view. On by default
* Update ax_with_curses.m4 and use pkg-config to detect
* Add tig-pick script for using Tig as a commit picker
* Add "smart case" option ('set ignore-case = smart-case') to
ignore case when the search string is lower-case only
* Fix author ident cache being keyed by email only.
* Fix periodic refresh mode to properly detect ref changes.
* Add workaround for detecting failure to start the
* Show diffs in the stash view when set mailmap = true
* Fix parsing of git-log revision arguments, such as
- -exclude=... in conjunction with --all
* Fix diff stat parsing for binary copies
* Fix crash when resizing terminal while search is in progress
* Fix argument filtering to pass more arguments through to Git
* Check for termcap support in split tinfo libs
* Sat Mar 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Mon Jan 23 2017 email@example.com
- Add reproducible.patch to allow for reproducible builds
* Thu Nov 17 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- tig 2.2.1:
* Support Git's 'diff-highlight' program when diff-highlight is
set to either true or the path of the script to use for post-
* Add navigation between merge commits
* Add 'A' as a binding to apply a stash without dropping it.
* Bind 'Ctrl-D' and 'Ctrl-U' to half-page movements by default.
* manual: Mention how to change default Up/Down behavior in diff view.
* Fix :goto <id> error message.
* Sat Aug 13 2016 email@example.com
- tig 2.2
* incompatible changes:
+ user-defined commands are now executed at the repository root
+ Remove `cmdline-args` option
* new features:
+ mailmap to show canonical name and email addresses
+ configurable highlight of search results
+ external commands improvements
+ UI improvements
* various bug fixes
* Thu Apr 09 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- tig 2.1.1
* Add support for key combos.
* See `contrib/vim.tigrc` for Vim-like keybindings.
* Add GitHub inspired file finder to search for and open any file.
* Add `search` keymap for navigation file finder search results.
- Bug fixes:
* Fix display of multiple references per commit.
* Sync the prompt's cursor position with readline's internal position.
* Keep unstaged changes view open after an staging command.
* Fri Mar 13 2015 email@example.com
- package bash completion
- package some configuration files samples
- use upstream spec.in description
* Wed Mar 11 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- tig 2.1:
* navigation updates and fixes
* UI improvements
* speed improvements
* Add :exec prompt command
* Add :save-options prompt command
* documentation updates
- Replace tig-fix-build.diff, autoconf call with configure option
- use make install-doc
- build with readline support
* Fri Aug 29 2014 email@example.com
- update to 2.0.3
- Add `:save-display <file>` prompt command to save the current display.
- Add `:script <file>` prompt command for scripting the Tig UI.
- Add test framework and convert existing tests to use it.
- Add command-line option for starting in refs view: `tig refs`. (GH #309)
- Make blame commit ID colors stable across reloads. (GH #303)
- Increase blame ID and graph rendering color palette to 14 colors.
- New setting 'split-view-width' controls the width for vertical splits. It
takes the width of the right-most view either as a number or a percentage.
- Expose settings holding command line argument lists: `file-args`, `rev-args`,
and `cmdline-args`. They are mainly intended for testing purposes but also
allows to change the filtering arguments dynamically. (GH #306)
- Add `log-options` setting for specifying default log view options.
Example: `set log-options = --pretty=fuller`.
- Use option specific view flags to reload view after `:set` commands.
* Bug fixes:
- Refresh the current view when returning from an external command and
`refresh-mode=after-command`. (GH #289)
- Fix readline completion.
- Fix '/' to `find-next` when readline support is enabled. (GH #302)
- Fix readline prompt to correctly handle UTF-8 characters.
- Add warnings for more obsolete actions and colors.
- Fix passing of commit IDS via stdin to the main view.
- Fix commit title overflow drawing for multibyte text. (GH #307)
- Fix installation directory permissions.
- Handle binary files matches reported by git-grep.
- Toggling of "args"-typed options without any arguments will clear the current
arguments. Example: `:toggle blame-options`.
- Detect custom `pretty.format` settings that break the log view and fallback
to use the `medium` format. (GH #225)
- Fix invocation of git-diff for the blame view's line tracking. (GH #316)
- Fix blame completion of directory names. (GH #317)
- Fix display of conflicts in the main view when 'show-changes' is enabled.
- Fix off-by-one error when displaying line numbers in the grep view.
- When showing the commit graph ensure that either topo, date or author-date
commit order is used. (Debian #757692) (GH #238)
* Sat May 31 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.0.2
- Use git-status for diffing the index.
- Group toggle options together in the help view.
* Bug fixes
- Fix refs, main and grep loading when gui.encoding is set.
- Ignore gui.encoding and i18n.commitencoding when set to UTF-8.
- Add work-around for missing strndup() on Mac OS X v10.6.
- Fix spurious abbreviation of author names.
- Don't show empty action groups in the help view.
- update to 2.0.1
* Bug fixes:
- Fix compilation in watch.c.
- Fix parsing of key bindings mapped to ^ and <.
- update to 2.0
- In preparation for key combo support, key mappings for symbolic
keys (e.g. Up and Down) must now start with < and end with >,
e.g. <Up> and <Down>. Furthermore, escape key combos must
now use <Esc>key instead of ^[key, and control key mappings
must now use <Ctrl-key> instead of ^key.
- Only use diff-options for the diff view and introduce
%(cmdlineargs) to hold non-file and non-revision flags passed
on the command line. Affects all user-defined commands that
expect %(diffargs) to hold both diff-options arguments and
those passed on the command line.
- Remove built-in keybinding for git gc. Add the following line
to ~/.tigrc to restore it: bind generic G ?git gc.
- To support view specific colors, . can no longer be used
interchangeably with - and _ in settings names and in particular
- Replace stage-next action with prompt command using a predefined
search (see below) and add binding (@ by default) to also work
in the diff view.
- Most view display options must now be set via the new *-view
options in tigrc. Existing options are no longer recognized,
but a warning is shown.
- Remap default bindings to have more consistent convention:
use lower-case keys primarily for view switching and
non-destructive actions, use upper-case keys for view-specific
actions including user-defined commands. To preserve old default
key bindings see contrib/bindings-v1.x.tigrc.
- Add mouse support: scroll view, click line to move cursor, double
click line (or click again) to "Enter" cursor line, e.g. open
commit diff. Disabled by default, since it makes text selection
less intuitive. If you enable this remember to hold down Shift
(or Option on Mac) when selecting text.
- Rewrite and improve the rendering of the commit graph.
- Add completion and history support to the prompt via readline.
- Options can be configured and toggled individually for each view.
Use the new view settings to configure the order and display
options for each view columns. See system tigrc and tigrc(5) for
- Add grep view as a front-end to git-grep(1): tig grep -p strchr.
From within Tig, the key for switching or grepping is bound to g
- Rename branch view to refs view and show tags. (GH #134)
- Add main view pager mode that reads git-log?s --pretty=raw data
from stdin, e.g. git reflog --pretty=raw | tig --pretty=raw.
- Add support for --graph and highlight diff stats in the log view.
- Add default command bindings: ! to delete branch, ! to drop stash.
- Add stage-split-chunk action for splitting chunks in the stage
view. Bound to \ by default.
- Add back action bound to < by default, which will return the blame
view to the previous revision and line after moving e.g. to the
- Auto-refresh views based on watched repository changes. Configure
by setting refresh-mode to manual, auto, after-command, or periodic.
- All default settings are in well-documented system tigrc.
- Add :toggle prompt command to manipulate options using keybindings.
For example: bind diff D :toggle diff-options --patience --notes.
- Add a new "auto" value for the vertical-split option to let Tig
choose the split orientation (this is the new default behavior).
Can be toggled.
- Make it possible to toggle the display of files in untracked
- Allow Tig to be started with no default configuration by specifying
an alternative system tigrc file, e.g.: TIGRC_SYSTEM=~/.tigrc.safe
tig. Set TIGRC_SYSTEM to the empty string to use built-in
configuration instead of
- Key mappings can contain UTF-8 multibyte unicode keys.
- Warn about conflicting keybindings using Ctrl, e.g. <Ctrl-f> and
- Extend key bindings for prompt commands (ie. bind <keymap> <key>
:<prompt>) to support predefined searches, eg.: bind stage 2 :?^@@.
- Git color mappings can be configured in tigrc.
- More informative configuration error messages.
- Make reference label formatting configurable, for example:
set reference-format = (branch) <tags> remote.
- Adjust author width and other view columns automatically.
- Support view specific colors: color stage.diff-add yellow default.
- Copy -S, -G and --grep= pattern to search buffer so find-next and
find-prev work as expected.
- Optionally specify custom prompt for %(prompt) in shell commands,
e.g. bind main B ?git checkout -b "%(prompt Enter new branch name: )".
- Add %(remote) and %(tag) symbols to complement %(branch).
- User-defined commands can now be prefixed with any of the supported
flags, e.g. ?git checkout -b %(branch).
- Open editor at line number for combined diffs e.g. diffs of unmerged files.
- Add build configuration for Cygwin (OS name: CYGWIN_NT-6.1).
- Document the Git commands supported by the pager mode. system
* Bug fixes
- Fix stash diff display when reloading the stash view after a deleting.
- Set the commit reference when opening the blame view from the blob view.
- Correctly identify and highlight the remote branch tracked by HEAD.
- Pass --no-color after user defined arguments to ensure that colors do
not break the output parsing.
- Close stdin when pager mode is not supported.
- Show newly created branches in the main view.
- File with 0 changes breaks diffstat highlighting
- Update %(branch) variable in the main view.
- Disable graph rendering when either of --reverse, -S, -G, and
- -grep are passed to the main view.
- Only refresh views that support it.
- Fix author and date annotation of renamed entries in the tree view.
- Fix use of unsafe methods in the signal handler.
- Fix rendering in non-UTF8 terminals.
- Fix stage-update-line by rewriting the diff chunk containing the line
instead of using --unidiff-zero and a diff context of zero.
- Fix status-update to work for untracked directories.
- Don't pass log parameters given on the command line to the diff view.
- adjust patches to new version
* Wed Sep 18 2013 email@example.com
- Use pristine upstream tarball
* Mon Sep 16 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- change autogen.sh call to autoreconf
* Thu Sep 05 2013 email@example.com
- convert asciidoc files to man pages
* Tue Sep 03 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.2.1
- Move manual and man pages to doc/ directory and rename AsciiDoc files
to have .asciidoc as the extension to make them render on GitHub.
- Show blob sizes in the tree view either as bytes or using binary unit
prefixes. Example: `set show-file-size = units`. (GH #163)
- Reduce main view memory usage and startup time, especially when revision
graph rendering is disabled. (GH #160)
* Bug fixes:
- Fix submodule-related setup to check for non-zero return value from
setenv(). (GH #188)
* Sat Aug 10 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.2:
+ Make tig prompt commands bindable to keys. For example: `bind diff F :set
diff-options = --full-diff`. (GH #69, #116)
+ Add a diff-options setting for specifying default diff options.
Example: `set diff-options = --patience`. (GH #116)
+ Options in diff-options and blame-options matching tig browsing state
variables are replaced.
+ Show diff stats as wide as the terminal. (GH #109)
+ Show line numbers in the branch view. (GH #135)
+ Add toggles for showing author email or email user names. (GH #115)
+ Open editor at the selected line by prefixing the file argument with
`+<lineno>`. Tested in vi, vim, emacs, nano, gedit, geany. Disable
by adding `set editor-line-number = no` to ~/.tigrc. (GH #118, #119)
+ Add toggle-files to control whether to show full commit diff or only
the diff concerning the currently selected file, e.g. for blame.
+ Optionally highlight exceeding characters in long commit titles.
The default title max width is 50 characters. Customize using:
`set title-overflow = 50` (GH #125)
+ Add +ESC key bindings. Example: `bind generic ^[v move-page-up` (GH #120)
+ Create temporary files in TMPDIR, TEMP, or TMP before defaulting to /tmp.
+ Reenable `tig log` as a subcommand. (GH #146)
+ Enable tilde expansion in ~/.tigrc "source" commands. (GH #168)
+ Introduce the stash view, bound to the 'y' keybinding. (GH #169, #174)
* Bug fixes:
+ Fix blame and status to work in directories starting with a dot. (GH #172)
+ Reload current branch name when reloading the status view. (GH #93)
+ Fix compile errors on old Solaris. (GH #97)
+ Reload HEAD info when reloading the stage view. (GH #104, #93)
+ Fix disappearing branch labels after external commands. (GH #148)
+ Fix diff view display for staged/unstaged changes when using 'd'.
+ Fix display of status messages when toggling view options. (GH #111)
+ Fix illegal memory access. (GH #98)
+ Fix display of all branches label in repos with short branch names.
+ Fix rendering glitch for branch names.
+ Do not apply diff styling to untracked files in the stage view. (GH #153)
+ Fix tree indentation for entries containing combining characters. (GH #170)
+ Ignore unrepresentable characters when transliterating text for rendering.
+ Transliterate text to output encoding before trimming it to avoid
misalignment. (GH #86)
+ Introduce a more natural context-sensitive log display. (GH #155)
* Sun Oct 14 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated to 1.1
- Disable diff move/copy detection by default, boosting diff
performance on larger projects. Use git config 'diff.renames' option
(git-wide) to set your preferred behavior. Environment variable
TIG_DIFF_OPTS can be used to restore the old behavior.
- Values set for author-width and filename-width will result in widths
one character bigger than previously.
- Typing a text in the prompt will be interpreted as a tig command.
Prefixing the command with a '!' will execute this system command in
an external pager. Entering a single key will execute the
corresponding key binding.
- Basic support for wrapping long line in pager, diff, and stage views.
Enable using: `set wrap-lines = yes`. (GH #2)
- User-defined commands prefixed with a '?' means prompt before
execution. Example: `bind main B !?git rebase -i %(commit)`.
- User-defined commands prefixed with a '<' means exit after execution.
Example: `bind main C !<git commit`. (GH #66)
- User-defined commands are executed unquoted to support shell commands.
Example: `bind generic I !@sh -c "echo -n %(commit) | xclip -selection c"`.
- Configure case-insensitive searches using: `set ignore-case = yes`.
- Add "deleted mode" line type for better diff coloring.
- Open editor when requesting edit action from within a file diff.
- Update AX_WITH_CURSES to build under Cygwin.
- Improve tigrc(5) documentation. (Debian #682766)
- Allow to build on Mac OS 10.7 without the configure script. (GH #25)
- Add option to split the view vertically instead of horizontally.
Example: `set vertical-split = yes'. (GH #76)
- Add 'show-id' and 'id-width' options to configure the display of
commit IDs in the main view and ID width in the blame view. (GH #77)
- Allow to override git-based encoding to UTF-8 by setting
'i18n.commitencoding' or 'gui.encoding'.
- Improve autobuild support to track generated files and work with
- Commit IDs are read from stdin when --stdin is given; works for main
and diff view, e.g. `tig --no-walk --stdin < cherry-picks.txt`.
- Add option to disable focusing of the child view when it's opened.
Disable using: `set focus-child = no`. (GH #83)
- Allow to open blob related with added content in a diff. (GH #91)
- Fix commit graph regression when a path spec is specified. (GH #53)
- Main view: only show staged/unstaged changes for the current branch.
- Support submodules created with current version of git. (GH #54)
- Fix diff status message for file diffs with no content changes.
- Fix parent blaming when tig is launched in subdirectory. (GH #70)
- Do not show deleted branch when reloading the branch view.
* Fri Aug 17 2012 email@example.com
- Link tig against ncursesw for correct display of non-ASCII
characters like German umlauts.