* Wed Feb 28 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Modernize spec-file by calling spec-cleaner
* Mon Aug 25 2014 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.18.3:
+ Fixes: Fix a crash in Jingle (fdo#76465).
* Mon Mar 31 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.18.2:
+ Don't try to cancel a source ID twice, which issues a critical
warning in GLib 2.39.
+ Fix failure to build with recent (Markdown-based) gtk-doc.
+ Plugin loader: don't crash if g_dir_open() fails twice
+ Fix a crash in 1-1 Tubes on 64-bit machines (fdo#70038).
+ Fix enum cast warnings under clang (fdo#70038)
* Fri Sep 06 2013 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.18.1:
+ This stable release fixes connection issues with Facebook which
have been recently introduced because of a change in their XMPP
+ If we send an IQ to a server allow "from" to be empty
* Mon Aug 12 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.18.0:
+ GLib 2.32 is (directly) required.
+ better interop with Google webmail for audio/video calls.
+ better interop with Google and MSN servers.
+ better interop with iChat.
+ Don't claim to support X-TELEPATHY-PASSWORD if the username is
+ Look up a STUN server automatically, using DNS SRV.
+ Old-style Tubes channels have been removed.
+ Bug fixes.
- Changes from version 0.17.6:
+ Check for GLib 2.32 in the top-level configure.ac, and drop
fallback paths for older GLib.
+ Bugs fixed: fdo#67875, fdo#67900, fdo#65290, fdo#67828,
* Sun Jun 23 2013 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.17.5:
+ Dependencies: GLib 2.32 is now directly required. It was
already indirectly required by telepathy-glib 0.19.x.
- update Wocky:
. fdo#65131: interoperate with non-XMPP-Core-compliant Jingle
IQs sent by Google's webmail UI.
. Improve reference-counting for better stability.
- fdo#65296: initialize libdbus for thread-safety.
- fdo#64285: avoid running the same commands twice in parallel
when doing a highly parallel build.
- fdo#49595: disable an unreliable test-case.
* Sun Jun 02 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.17.4:
+ update Wocky:
- fdo#61792: fix linking an example program with ld versions
that default to --no-copy-dt-needed-entries.
- fdo#65036 (CVE-2013-1431): update Wocky to respect the
tls-required flag on legacy Jabber servers.
- fdo#63119: improve regression tests' isolation from the
- fdo#64319: consider the <URL> field to be "supported" on
- fdo#64354: don't claim we support X-TELEPATHY-PASSWORD if we
don't know the username.
- Drop telepathy-gabble-link-wocky.patch, fixed upstream.
* Mon May 06 2013 email@example.com
- Disable parallel build for now, as there is a high chance of
* Thu Mar 14 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.17.3:
- fdo#58198: the Jingle protocol code now lives in Wocky. This
should make no functional difference to Gabble.
+ Bugs fixed: fdo#43166, fdo#57521, fdo#61433.
- Changes from version 0.17.2:
- Gabble now uses GLib's base64 implementation rather than
including its own (fdo#54760, fdo#57080).
- Gabble now looks up a STUN server from the stun._udp SRV
record for the user's domain (fdo#25961).
- XEP-0184 delivery reports are now supported (fdo#47378).
+ Bugs fixed: fdo#33789, fdo#52146, fdo#52362, fdo#56181,
- Add telepathy-gabble-link-wocky.patch: link wocky examples
- Add libtool BuildRequires and call to autoreconf (in
lib/ext/wocky), as above patch touches the build system of the
integrated wocky library.
* Wed Sep 12 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.17.1:
- fdo#32612: Old-style Tube channels have been removed.
- Tube and Text channels are no longer announced together.
- Make sure capability discovery works for the camera-v1
capability bundle, avoiding an iChat bug in which it repeats
failed capability discovery requests in a rapid loop
- Fix some race conditions and other brokenness in the tests
- Add pkgconfig(glib-2.0) BuildRequires so it can be versioned.
* Mon Aug 27 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.17.0:
+ Fix calls with android devices.
+ Implement WLM jidlookup. This makes possible to add MSN
contacts using XMPP.
+ Fix google caps parsing.
* Thu Aug 23 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.16.2
+ Fixes: Crash in tp_base_channel_close (fdo#53087).
* Thu Jun 21 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.16.1:
+ "see-other-host" stream error is now supported. This fix
connection issue with Windows Live XMPP server.
+ fdo#36998: Fail to establish a video call with Android.
* Thu Jun 07 2012 email@example.com
- Moved the console plugin to telepathy-gabble-xmpp-console
* Fri Apr 06 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.16.0:
+ Install plugins in their own special (versioned) gabble
directory so we're not installing unversioned ABI-unstable
+ The DownloadAtConnection and Download ContactList members have
+ Handle errors in IBB bytestreams (fdo#47999).
* Sun Mar 25 2012 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.15.5:
- fdo#46513: Refactor Jingle code to remove Telepathy in
preparation of moving it to Wocky.
- fdo#45602: Subclass TpBaseChannel in more channel
- fdo#47502: Add a --disable-voip configure flag to disable
building gabble with VoIP support.
- Correctly convert between Telepathy and Jingle candidate
- Start sending automatically on accepting bidirectional calls.
- Change dbus-1-glib-devel BuildRequires to pkgconfig(dbus-glib-1).
* Wed Feb 22 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.15.4:
- Add support for the final version of Call1 from
telepathy-spec 0.25.2 and remove the telepathy-yell
- fdo#41790: Make file transfer support optional
- fdo#44056: telepathy-gabble-xmpp-console no longer mixes GIR
- fdo#33911: The Loudmouth API compatibility layer has been
- fdo#45491: Error messages provided by the server in <presence
type='error'/> stanzas are now exposed via the SimplePresence
API. This makes it easier for users to distinguish contacts
being offline from contacts' servers being broken.
- fdo#44649: Gabble now has a gabble-plugins.so library,
similarly to mission-control.
+ API changes to Wocky snapshot:
- fdo#45400: WockyPepService's API has changed a little bit.
- fdo#34975: WockyPorter is now responsible for sending back
error replies for unhandled IQs, whereas previously this was
up to Gabble.
- fdo#27489: including <wocky/wocky.h> now includes all public
API from Wocky, and including any other header directly is
- fdo#44331: Gabble plugin API fails at runtime on Windows:
gabble_plugin_create_sidecar function is renamed to
gabble_plugin_create_sidecar_async and new virtual function
gabble_plugin_create_sidecar_finish is introduced.
- fdo#45443 (workaround): avoid testing Credentials access
control, since recent Linux has stricter requirements for
credentials-passing (it's now opt-in) which we're not yet
- fdo#46379: don't raise a GError with domain 0.
- fdo#44855: work around Google's unimplemented capability
discovery by hard-coding the capabilities of the GTalk echo
- Work around the deprecation of GValueArray.
- Remove doc subpackage, and add appropriate Provides/Obsoletes to
the main subpackage: the doc is too small to make sense as a
* Thu Dec 22 2011 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.15.3:
- fdo#43891: Update wocky snapshot to fix
- Changes from version 0.15.2:
- fdo#43588, fdo#43889: Add public
gabble_connection_add_sidecar_own_caps_full() function which
includes data forms.
- fdo#42462: Update wocky snapshot to fix gabble getting kicked
from D-Bus when non-character utf-8 is used by remote clients
- Fix the build when using GLib 2.32.
* Wed Dec 21 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Split telepathy-gabble-xmpp-console tool in a
telepathy-gabble-xmpp-console subpackage, since it's not really
of interest to most people, and has many dependencies that
telepathy-gabble doesn't have.
* Fri Nov 25 2011 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.15.1:
- fdo#38568: Gabble now ships with an XMPP console interface
- fdo#32692, fdo#30296, fdo#41789: Gabble now implements the
freshly-undrafted Protocol.Interface.Addressing and the
still-unstable Connection.Interface.Addressing1, and uses
them to expose Facebook contacts' integer IDs.
- fdo#42446: Gabble can now be built on Android, using
- capabilities.h and caps-channel-manager.h are no longer