syslog-ng is an enhanced log daemon, supporting a wide range of input and
output methods: syslog, unstructured text, message queues, databases (SQL
and NoSQL alike) and more.
- receive and send RFC3164 and RFC5424 style syslog messages
- work with any kind of unstructured data
- receive and send JSON formatted messages
- classify and structure logs with builtin parsers (csv-parser(),
- normalize, crunch and process logs as they flow through the system
- hand on messages for further processing using message queues (like
AMQP), files or databases (like PostgreSQL or MongoDB).