* Fri Feb 02 2018 email@example.com
- Simplified requirements
* Thu Feb 01 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use openssl<1.1 for suse_version >= 1500
* Mon Dec 25 2017 email@example.com
- Fix building on factory (use openssl 1.0.0)
- Upgrade to version 1.11.10
* Support for ChaCha ciphers
* Add support for STARTTLS on mysql (--starttls-mysql)
* Display SNI information in XML output
* Mark SHA-1 certificates as weak
* Mon Dec 18 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed building on SLES systems
* Mon Nov 28 2016 email@example.com
- Upgrade to version 1.11.8
* Support alternate SNI hostnames (--sni=)
* Allow building with no support for TLS SCSV Fallback
- Removed SSL_MODE_SEND_FALLBACK_SCSV (integrated upstream)
* Mon Oct 31 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSL_MODE_SEND_FALLBACK_SCSV.patch: Add patch to treat SSL_MODE_SEND_FALLBACK_SCSV conditionally.
* Thu Oct 27 2016 email@example.com
- Highlighted features:
* Support for
- STARTTLS: POP3, IMAP, FTP, XMPP
- IPv6 addresses
- TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2
- XMPP server-to-server connections
* Added check for
- OpenSSL Heartbleed
* Highlight the following issues
- weak RSA and DHE keys in output
- SSLv2, SSLv3, RC4 ciphers
- anonymous ADH and AECDH ciphers
- weak (n <= 40 bit) and medium (40 < n <= 56 bit)
- Display certificate signing algorithm highlighting weak algorithms.
- Display certificate key strength highlighting weak keys.
- Flag expired certificates
* Most secure protocols are scanned first
* Display cipher details by default
- rebased fedora-sslscan-patents.patch
- removed obsolete patches
- Upgraded to version 1.11.7
* Check for TLS Fallback SCSV
* Allow xml to be output on stdout (--xml=-)
- Version 1.11.6
* Re-eanble support for weak (<1024) DH keys in OpenSSL
- Version 1.11.5
* Fix bug in heartbleed check (credit nuxi)
* Makefile improvements and fixes for OSX and FreeBSD
* Optimize OpenSSL clone
* Implement --show-times to display handshake times in milliseconds
- Version 1.11.4
* Fix compression detection (credit nuxi)
* Added support for PostgreSQL (credit nuxi)
- Version 1.11.3
* Properly fix missing SSLv2 EXPORT ciphers by patching OpenSSL
- Version 1.11.2
* Makefile improvements
* Update OpenSSL from Git when statically building
* Use enable-ssl2 and enable-weak-ciphers when building statically
- Version 1.11.1
* Show cipher IDs with --show-cipher-ids (credit maurice2k)
* Warn when building agsinst system OpenSSL rather than statically
* Allow building statically on OSX (experimental)
- Version 1.11.0
* Rewrote ciphersuite scanning engine to be much faster
* Ciphers are now output in order of server preference
* Most secure protocols are scanned first (TLSv1.2 -> SSLv2)
* All protocols are tried when trying to obtain the certificate
* Obselete --failed and --no-preferred-ciphers options removed
* Flag TLSv1.0 ciphers in output
* Flag 56 bit ciphers as red, not yellow
* Fix building on OpenBSD (credit Stuart Henderson)
* Fix incorrect output when server prefers NULL ciphers
- Version 1.10.6
* Fix --sleep only working for whole seconds (credit dmke)
* Fix compiling against OpenSSL 0.9.8 (credit aclemons)
* Flag expired certificates (credit jacktrice)
- Version 1.10.5
* Added IRC STARTTLS support (--starttls-irc, credit jkent)
* Highlight weak RSA keys in output
* Added option to show OCSP status (--ocsp, credit kelbyludwig)
* Fix a segfault with certificate parsing
- Version 1.10.4
* Display cipher details by default (hide with --no-cipher-details)
* Fix scanning multiple targets if one fails (credit shellster)
* Fix bug with --no-color and --failed (credit yasulib)
* Minor bugfixes to output
- Version 1.10.3
* Flag weak DHE keys in --cipher-details
* Report DHE key bits in XML
* Change ECDHE key bits to "ecdhebits" rather than "dhebits" in XML
- Version 1.10.2
* Wrap TLS extensions in CDATA blocks in XML output.
* Fix incorrect TLS versions in heartbleed checks
- Version 1.10.1
* Fix XML output to use "TLSv1.0" in preferred ciphers, not "TLSv1"
* Added --cipher-details option to display EC curves and EDH keys
Note that this feature requires OpenSSL >= 1.0.2
* Update static build options to compile against OpenSSL 1.0.2
- Version 1.10.0
* Experimental build support (credit jtesta).
* Support XMPP server-to-server connections (--xmpp-server).
- Version 1.9.11
* Makefile updates to assist packaging in Kali.
* Fix missing static build number when compiling from tarball.
- Version 1.9.10
* Display certificate CN, Altnames and Issuer in default output.
* Flag certificates where CN == issuer, or CN = *
* Highlight GCM ciphersuites as good
- Version 1.9.9
* Added --show-client-cas option to determine trusted CAs
for client authentication
* Added --no-preferred option to disable any output except specified
- Version 1.9.8
* Added --sleep option to pause between request
* Only check for heartbleed against specified TLS version
* Added --sleep option to pause between request
* Fix issues compiling against OpenSSL 0.9.8
* Highlight CBC ciphersuites on SSLv3 (POODLE)
* Experimental build support on OSX (credit MikeSchroll)
- Version 1.9.7
* Added option for static compilation with OpenSSL (credit dmke)
* Added "sslmethod" attribute to Heartbleed XML output (credit dmke)
* Split headers into sslscan.h (credit dmke)
- Version 1.9.6
* Highlight NULL ciphers in output.
* Highlight SSLv3 ciphers.
* Added --rdp option to support RDP servers (credit skettler).
* Added --timeout option to set socket timeout (default 3s).
- Version 1.9.5
* Renamed --get-certificate option to --show-certficate.
* Display certificate signing algorithm highlighting weak algorithms.
* Display certificate key strength highlighting weak keys.
* Bumped XML version to 1.9.5 due to minor changes.
- Version 1.9.4
* Check for SSLv2 and SSLv3 ciphers over STARTTLS.
- Version 1.9.3
* Fixed broken STARTTLS SMTP check.
- Version 1.9.2
* Added check for OpenSSL Heartbleed (CVE-2014-0160).
- Version 1.9.1
* Added --tlsall option to only scan TLS ciphersuites.
* Scan all TLS versions by default for STARTTLS services.
* Added support for IPv6 addresses using square bracket notation [:1].
* Highlight anonymous (ADH and AECDH) ciphers in output.
* Added option to disable colour in output (--no-colour).
* Removed undocumented -p output option.
* Removed old references to titania.co.uk domain.
- Version 1.9
* Highlight SSLv2 ciphers
* Highlight weak (n <= 40 bit) and medium (40 < n <= 56 bit) ciphers
* Highlight RC4 ciphers
* Highlight anonymous (ADH) ciphers
* Hide certificate information by default
* Hide rejected ciphers by default (display with --failed).
* Added TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 support (merged from twwbond/sslscan).
* Compiles if OpenSSL does not support SSLv2 ciphers (merged from digineo/sslscan).
* Supports IPv6 hostnames (can be forced with --ipv6).
* Check for TLS compression (CRIME, disable with --no-compression)
- Version 1.8.4
* Add demo targets in Makefile
* Refactoring of code by Adam Langley
* Add SNI patch from Tim Brown
* Bug fixes from craSH and Cygwin build improvements
- Version 1.8.3
* Improve new protocol setup support for STARTTLS: POP3, IMAP, FTP, and
XMPP This modeled after the support found in OpenSSL's s_client
* Add verbose option to print more info
* Add default ports when a STARTTLS setup flag is called without any port at all
* Sun Apr 27 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- enable parallel build
* Tue Sep 11 2012 email@example.com
- add TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 support for OpenSSL >= 1.0.1
* Fri Aug 10 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- import patch from fedora to allow building on fedora
* Thu Aug 09 2012 email@example.com
- initial packaging
* patches taken from Debian packaging