* Wed Jan 15 2020 Ismail Dönmez <email@example.com>
- Cleanup spec file, remove old openSUSE support
- Fix useradd syntax
* Fri Nov 23 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.20:
* Added support for socks5 protocol (Eugene Protozanov)
* New probing method
* Test suite refactored
- ChangeLog from 1.19:
* Added ?syslog_facility? configuration option to specify where to log.
* TLS now supports SNI and ALPN (Travis Burtrum), including support for Let?s Encrypt challenges (Jonathan McCrohan)
* ADB probe. (Mike Frysinger)
* Added per-protocol ?fork? option. (Oleg Oshmyan)
* Added chroot option. (Mike Frysinger)
* A truckload of bug fixes and documentation improvements (Various contributors)
- Remove filepath-in-systemd-service.patch: upstreamed
- Add BuildRequires: pcre-devel
* Mon Nov 06 2017 email@example.com
- fix systemd vs SysVinit
* don't install both when system should be used
* add var has_systemd
* Tue Jul 19 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.18
* Added USELIBPCRE to make use of regex engine optional.
* Added support for RFC4366 SNI and RFC7301 ALPN
* Changed connection log to include the name of the probe that
* Changed configuration file format: 'probe' field is
no longer required, 'name' field can now contain
'tls' or 'regex', with corresponding options (see
* Added 'log_level' option to each protocol, which
allows to turn off generation of log at each
* Added 'keepalive' option.
* Support RFC5952-style IPv6 addresses, e.g. [::]:443.
* Transparant proxy support for FreeBSD (Ruben van Staveren)
* Using -F with no argument will try
/etc/sslh/sslh.cfg and then /etc/sslh.cfg as configuration files.
(argument to -F can no longer be separated from the option by a space,
e.g. must be -Ffoo.cfg)
* Call setgroups() before setgid() (fixes potential
privilege escalation) (Lars Vogdt)
* Use portable way of getting modified time for OSX support (Aaron
* Example configuration for fail2ban (Every Mouw)
- Dropped missing-call-to-setgroups-before-setuid.patch, included
* Thu Dec 18 2014 email@example.com
- Added filepath-in-systemd-service.patch to point to correct
patch in systemd service file
* Tue Mar 25 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.16:
+ Probes made more resilient, to incoming data
containing NULLs. Also made them behave properly
when receiving too short packets to probe on the
first incoming packet.
+ Libcap support: Keep only CAP_NET_ADMIN if started
as root with transparent proxying and dropping
priviledges (enable USELIBCAP in Makefile). This
avoids having to mess with filesystem capabilities.
+ Fixed bugs related to getpeername that would cause
sslh to quit erroneously (getpeername can return
actual errors if connections are dropped before
getting to getpeername).
+ Set IP_FREEDBIND if available to bind to addresses
that don't yet exist.
- compile with libcap support
- added missing-call-to-setgroups-before-setuid.patch
- removed patches fixed upstream:
* Sun Dec 22 2013 email@example.com
- added /etc/conf.d/sslh
now the service actually starts when using systemd
* Wed Dec 11 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.15:
+ Added --transparent option for transparent proxying. See README for iptables magic and capability management.
+ Fixed bug in sslh-select: if number of opened file descriptor became bigger than FD_SETSIZE, bad things would happen.
+ Fixed bug in sslh-select: if socket dropped while defered_data was present, sslh-select would crash.
+ Increased FD_SETSIZE for Cygwin, as the default 64 is too low for even moderate load.
Thanks to Arnaud Gendre and Michael K. Avanessian for helping with investigation of the last three points.
* Sun Jan 06 2013 email@example.com
- update to 1.14:
+ Corrected OpenVPN probe to support pre-shared secret
mode (OpenVPN port-sharing code is... wrong). Thanks
to Kai Ellinger for help in investigating and
+ Added an actual TLS/SSL probe.
+ Added configurable --on-timeout protocol
+ Added a --anyprot protocol probe (equivalent to what
- -ssl was).
+ Makefile respects the user's compiler and CFLAG
choices (falling back to the current values if
undefined), as well as LDFLAGS.
+ Added "After" and "KillMode" to systemd.sslh.service
- use upstream sslh.systemd.service instead of own one
* Thu Aug 23 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.13b:
+ WARNING: Options changed, you'll need to update your start-up
scripts! Log format changed, you'll need to update log
+ Added support for configuration file.
+ New protocol probes can be defined using regular expressions that
match the first packet sent by the client.
+ Added HTTP probe.
+ Now supports IPv6 throughout (both on listening and forwarding)
+ Logs now contain IPv6 addresses, local forwarding address, and
resolved names (unless --numeric is specified).
+ Introduced long options.
+ Bind to multiple addresses with multiple -p options.
+ Added -o "OpenVPN" and OpenVPN probing and support.
+ Added -f "foreground" option.
- adapted init script to new options
- added option for openVPN target address in sysconfig file
For openSUSE > 12.1:
- added config file /etc/default/sslh - but this needs to be enabled/
added in SSLH_OPTS="" in /etc/sysconfig/sslh for now as the
sysconfig file already contains all variables
- added systemd file
* Wed Aug 18 2010 email@example.com
- add special user sslh for sslh daemon
- fix typo in init script
* Wed Aug 18 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- use /etc/sysconfig/sslh for configuration
- enhanced the init script
* Mon Jun 28 2010 email@example.com
- specfile cleanup
- package docu and manpage
- create rcsslh symlink
- build with distribution optflags
- added sslh-1.7a-asprintf.patch
* Thu Feb 25 2010 Christian Debertshaeuser <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- initial build