* Wed Jan 18 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove forcing of PulseAudio from smplayer-defaults.patch: if
"Default" is selected, leave the choice to the backend
* Tue Nov 08 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 16.11.0:
* (Playlist) Add a popup menu with the load/save options.
* Store the playlist filename and display "*" in the title when
the playlist is modified and not saved.
* (Playlist) Add a 'save as' button.
* Add an option in Preferences -> Interface to play the next
file automatically or not.
* Add the option 'Start playback after loading a playlist' in
Preferences -> Playlist.
* Add the option 'Auto sort' in Preferences -> Playlist.
* Fix when the additional options for mpv contain quotes.
* Add option 'Case sensitive search' in Preferences -> Playlist.
* Remove the option to add black borders on fullscreen.
* New option 'Add black borders for subtitles by default' in
Preferences -> General.
* New option 'Show info on OSD' in View -> OSD (key shortcut
Shift + I). It displays info about the current media
(resolution, bitrate...) on the OSD.
* (Playlist) If a playlist file is dropped to the playlist
window, load it.
* Pass the alpha component of the subtitles' colours to mpv.
- Rebase smplayer-defaults.patch.
- Remove desktop entry categories redefinition: default ones are
* Sun Sep 11 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 16.9.0:
* Display 'Development version' in the about dialogue when using
a development version.
* Don't disable the screenshot's actions and don't check if the
screenshot path is a directory.
* (Experimental) Don't use starting_time (affects seeking in .ts
* (Playlist) Disable wordwrap.
* If maximised show normal before hiding the panel.
* (Playlist) Add actions to hide the columns.
* (Playlist) Add a button to show/hide the search field.
* Add a submenu in the audio menu to send the audio to a device.
* Fix alsa:device with MPV.
* (Playlist) Scroll to current item after clearing the search
* Set the default font with the stylesheet.
* Get the list of the pulseaudio output devices using
* Thu Aug 04 2016 email@example.com
- Update to version 16.8.0:
* Lots of internal changes in the playlist.
* Possibility to search (filter) in the playlist.
* Don't use softvol and softvol-max with mpv 0.18.1.
* Use the mpv ab-loop options.
* The playlist settings are now saved to its own ini file
* Possibility to download playlists from Internet.
* (Playlist) Display an animation when loading.
* Don't try to resize the main window when it's maximised.
* Ignore the buffering state in checkStayOnTop.
- Change default icon theme in smplayer-defaults.patch to Papirus,
and default controlwidget's icon size from 40pt to 30pt.
- Remove smplayer-simple-resize.patch.
* Sun Jul 03 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 16.7.0:
* (mpv) Update the current position in the seek bar on pause.
* In Qt 5 accelerators in the numeric keypad don't work due to a
bug in Qt 5. Add a workaround.
* Bugfix: (Qt 5) The playlist can be resized when docked to the
* Don't change the style's palette on Linux.
* Selecting the 'default' style in preferences selects the
system's default style, instead of Fusion.
* Save the hdpi config in the smplayer config dir.
* The names in the playlist are not replaced with the title from
* (mpv) Don't pass the URL to youtube-dl if it contains a
* Fix YouTube.
* The find subtitles window has a close button in the title bar.
- Remove smplayer-16.6.0-colour-scheme.patch: fixed upstream.
- Rebase smplayer-makeflags.patch, smplayer-defaults.patch.
* Mon Jun 20 2016 email@example.com
- Add smplayer-16.6.0-colour-scheme.patch from upstream: don't
change colour pallete.
- Build with Qt5 for openSUSE 13.2.
- Drop KDE 4 support in Qt4 builds as well: will be removed
completely in the next version.
* Mon Jun 13 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 16.6.0:
* The mpcgui works now with Qt 5 as well.
* Settings for streams can also be remembered.
* Support for high DPI (requires Qt 5.4 or greater).
* Better support for touch screens.
* Fixes for Qt 5.
* Add new menu 'view'.
* (Videopreview) Fix show duration with Qt 5.
* Move the OSD menu to the view menu.
* Add a tablet mode (menu Options).
When enabled, it changes some elements of the GUI so that's
easy to use it on a touch screen.
* Hide some options from menus in tablet mode.
* Now it's possible to add the recents menu to a toolbar.
* New option 'Send video to screen' in the video menu.
This option allows to display the video (in fullscreen) on a
second screen while controlling the player in the computer's
* Add an option to show information about the connected screens
* Don't use a dockable playlist on Linux with Qt 5 because the
dockable one causes trouble when Compiz is enabled.
* Disable the secondary subtitles and frame step back when using
mplayer, and the karaoke filter when using mpv.
* Add close buttons to the audio and video equalisers.
* Don't use the language toolbar.
* Add the audio and subtitle track menus to the toolbar and
increase the default size of the toolbar icons.
* Improve drag & drop on the main window. Now it allows to drop
several directories and files.
* Change the default values for outline and shadow of the ASS style.
* Use MPV as default if available.
* Remove the border of the tooltips. Otherwise, for some reason,
the text is not shown complete.
* Increase the height of the audio equaliser.
* Set the OSD to Seek as default.
* Set the drag function to MoveWindow as default.
* Add an option to set the cache to auto in
Preferences -> Performance.
* Don't change the playlist to floating state when entering
fullscreen, if using Qt5 on Linux. Seems to fix a problem when
* Possibility to display the section area in the preferences
dialog in icon mode.
* Add options in Preferences -> Interface to configure the
high DPI support.
* Don't use a border in the style of the tooltip. For some
reason the text is cut off with it.
* Add a quick access menu.
* Add an option to display the format info in the status bar.
* Disable the global shortcuts when opening the preferences dialog.
* Use the mplayer/mpv default video and audio output.
* Add option "remember settings for streams" in
Preferences -> General.
* Use the style 'fusion' as default with Qt 5.
- Rebase smplayer-defaults.patch, smplayer-simple-resize.patch.
* Sun Apr 03 2016 email@example.com
- Update to 16.4.0:
* Now it's easier to switch between MPlayer and MPV
(Preferences -> General, select either mplayer or mpv as
* The extrastereo filter works again when using MPV.
* Possibility to use the VLC shortcuts (Preferences -> Keyboard
and mouse, click the load button, select vlc.keys)
* Possibility to enable mouse gestures (when the mouse is dragged
up or down in the video window the volume changes. If dragged
left or right it changes the time position).
You can enable this option in Preferences -> Keyboard and
mouse -> Mouse -> Drag function: seek and volume.
* A fix for saving bookmarks.
* The option for streaming sites in Preferences -> Network is
different now, and allows these values:
+ Disabled: support for video sites is turned off.
+ Auto: enables the internal support for YouTube and uses
MPV + youtube-dl for the rest of websites.
+ YouTube: only the internal support for YouTube will be used.
+ MPV + youtube-dl: uses mpv + youtube-dl for all websites.
* An animated icon has been added in the status bar to indicate
when the player is buffering.
* A new layout is used to display the media information
(Options -> View info and properties).
- Rebase smplayer-defaults.patch, smplayer-simple-resize.patch.
* Sun Jan 17 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 16.1.0:
* Fix for YouTube.
* The screenshots work again with older versions of MPV/MPlayer.
* Possibility to add bookmarks (menu Browse), which allows to
mark your favourite parts of the video for a quick access.
* New option 'Prevent window to get outside of screen' in
Preferences -> Interface.
* Sun Nov 29 2015 nemysis@openSUSE.org
- Update to 15.11.0:
* (mpv) Notify pause once.
* Add an option in Preferences -> Interface to automatically
center the window.
* Display in the time sliders a tooltip with the corresponding
time of the mouse position.
* (mpv) Disable the extrastereo and karaoke filters.
* (mpv) New options to seek to the previous or next subtitle.
* Add an option in the find subtitles configuration window to
append or not the language code to the subtitle filename.
* Fix a crash when changing the GUI.
* Set the screenshot directory in MPV with the option
- -screenshot-directory= and in MPlayer with the prefix option
for the screenshot filter, instead of changing the player's
This requires recent versions of MPlayer and MPV. With older
versions the screenshots will be saved in the player's working
* (mpv) Add a new option in Preferences -> General to select the
image format for screenshots.
* New action to start/stop capturing the playback stream.
The captured stream will be saved to the directory specified in
the smplayer.ini option capture_directory with the name
It only works correctly with MPEG. With other formats the
dumped stream won't play back.
* (mplayer) Don't add ffmpeg:// to the URL when playing https
streams. It seems it's not necessary anymore.
* Don't use -playlist with MPlayer by default.
* Add the possibility to set bookmarks in the videos.
* Identify MPlayer 1.2.
* Fix for YouTube.
* When adding files to the playlist move the first item to its
correct place in the list.
* (Experimental) Add support for YouTube live streams.
* The thumbnail generator is faster now.
* Sun Oct 04 2015 email@example.com
- Merge smplayer-default_pulse.patch and smplayer-default_mpv.patch
- Add dropping default icon theme to smplayer-defaults.patch.
- Disable "share widgets" and available upgrades checker.
- Rebase all patches.
* Tue Sep 29 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rename smplayer-default_ao.patch to smplayer-default_pulse.patch
and make respective changes.
- Minor spec cleanup.
* Tue Sep 29 2015 nemysis@openSUSE.org
- Update to 15.9.0, please see
* Wed Jun 17 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 22.214.171.12494.
* Sat Jun 06 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix setting the default audio output device, the source files
where @@DEFAULT@@ was replaced with alsa/pulse were fetched from
the wrong patch file...
* Sat Jun 06 2015 email@example.com
- Re-add PREFIX option to the build, otherwise smplayer looks in
/usr/local/share/ for its files (skins/themes/shortcuts) instead
* Wed Jun 03 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 126.96.36.19966.
- Switch to Qt5 for openSUSE newer than 13.2.
- Remove smplayer-qt5 package.
* Thu May 07 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 188.8.131.5287:
* Add the options -ontop and -no-ontop for the command line.
They just change the "Stay on top" options in the preferences.
* Add an option in the toolbar editor to set the size of the
icons (currently it doesn't look good if you increase the size
of the icons in the skin GUI).
* Add new option in the playlist section in preferences:
"Play next file even if the previous file failed".
If the option is enabled, when a file fails to play (MPV/mplayer
crashes or exits with an error code), the playlist will play
the next file in the list.
* Allow duplicate items in the playlist.
* New action show_time (assigned by default to key I). It shows
the current playback time, total time and percentage, for 2
seconds on the OSD.
* Now the following filters do not restart MPV when they are
turned on/off: add black borders, gradfun, add noise, software
scaling, blur, sharpen, deblock, dering, denoise, phase, rotate,
* The flip and mirror options don't restart MPV.
* Change the play/pause icon according to the player state in the
default and mini GUIs.
* The kerndeint filter works with MPV.
* Add the possibility to use the mouse buttons for the actions
"next chapter" and "previous chapter".
* Add the possibility to delete a file in the playlist from the
* Add support for MPRIS D-Bus Interface.
* (mpv) Use the --sub-text-* options to set the style of the
subtitles since the option --ass-styles doesn't work anymore for
* Thu Feb 05 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 184.108.40.20690:
* Open https URLs with ffmpeg://
* (Themes and skins) Now if the resource file (*.rcc) is not
found the images will be loaded from PNGs files, as in previous
This will make easier for users to customize themes, since they
won't need to create the rcc files.
* (Qt 5) Fix the option pause when minimized.
* Add options in Preferences -> Network to set a proxy.
* (Bugfix) Prevent to pass the filename twice to mplayer when
* Add support for mpv.
It took 25 days. 6983 lines were changed.
It's not complete yet, some things may not work yet, but
I think the most important things work.
Notice: it requires mpv 0.6.2 or greater.
* During the process of adding support for mpv, the options to
customize the non ASS font were removed.
* Add the Albanian translation.
* Add Notes_about_mpv.txt.
* Add an option to go back one frame (frame_back_step)
* Add an option in Preferences -> General to set the template for
screenshots (mpv only).
* Replace the option 'Use SSA/ASS library' in the subtitles menu
with 'Use custom style'.
* Add an option to disable the scroll of the title in the
* Add the possibility to select a secondary subtitle track, which
is displayed on top of the screen (mpv only).
* Move the Youtube options from the performance section to the
* Add an option to enable or disable the internal Youtube
* Add an option to enable streaming sites (requires mpv and
* Add an option to change the size of the OSD.
* (Videopreview) Use -nofontconfig to prevent to create the font
* Fix for Youtube.
* (mpv) Don't use the pp filter if it's not available
* Add a combobox in Preferences -> Performance to select the
hardware decoding option (mpv only).
- Rebase smplayer-default_ao.patch, smplayer-simple-resize.patch.
- Add smplayer-default_mpv.patch, require MPV instead of MPlayer.
- Use %find_lang instead of a manual language detection, also
stop adding translated GPLv2+ text into the package.
- Remove smplayer-disable-debug.patch in favour of
- Remove "KDE" from .desktop's as SMPlayer works outside KDE just
- Refactor a regular expression which define an audio output.
* Sun Sep 14 2014 email@example.com
- Let recommend lang subpackage: