* Sun Nov 21 2021 Martin Hauke <email@example.com>
- Update to version 2.5.5
* Parse error in /etc/smcroute.conf. SMCRoute fails to start on
interfaces with mrdisc disabled, when built with mrdisc
support and -N passed on command line.
- Update to version 2.5.4
* Avoid trying to delete inactive VIFs. Fixing an annoying bogus
error: "Failed deleting VIF for iface lo: Resource temporarily
* Too small string buffer for IPv6 address causing garbled output
in periodic expiry callback.
* Fix too small buffer for IPv6 address in mroute display
* Wed Nov 17 2021 Johannes Segitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Added hardening to systemd service(s) (bsc#1181400). Added patch(es):
* Thu Sep 23 2021 Martin Hauke <email@example.com>
- Update to version 2.5.3
* New tests to verify add/del of IPv4/IPv6 routes in kernel MFC.
* Fix #166: build warning with gcc 10.2.1: "comparison is always
true due to limited range of data type".
* Fix build warning with --disable-mrdisc configure option.
* Fix #167: cannot remove routes added with smcroutectl add,
only affects add/del at runtime with smcroutectl, not .conf
* Fri Aug 27 2021 Martin Hauke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 2.5.2
* Allow installing routes with no outbound interfaces.
* Reinitialize VIFs on reload in case of new interfaces.
* Handle cases when interfaces change ifindex, i.e. they've first
been * removed and then re-added with the same name.
* Fix VIF leak when deleting interfaces with MRDISC enabled.
* Fix handling when an (S,G) moves to another IIF. This fixes
issues where the SMCRoute kernel cache was out of sync with
the kernel MFC.
* Fix handling of lost/disabled interfaces at reload. This fixes
a couple of issues where routes were not updated properly at
* Update interface flags on reload, this fixes issues when
SMCRoute failed to detect interfaces that had their MULTICAST
flag set or cleared at runtime.
* Skip setsockopt() for IPC sockets. This fixes warnings in
syslog about failing to disable MULTICAST_LOOP and
* Sun Aug 22 2021 Martin Hauke <email@example.com>
- Update to version 2.5.1
* Add .sha256 checksum to dist files, useful for packagers
* systemd Notify integration, restore NotifyAccess=main
* ftbfs on older compilers, e.g. gcc 4.8.3, use -std=gnu99
* Fix Documentation refs in systemd unit file, new man pages
* Fri Aug 20 2021 Martin Hauke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 2.5.0
* Fully automated test suite with 15 tests covering many use
* Support for /etc/smcroute.d/*.conf .
* Support for applying changes to .conf files without disturbing
established flows -- i.e., seamless addition or removal of
outbound interfaces in existing rules, or add/remove routes,
without ever affecting other routes.
* Support for route replacement/update smcroutectl.
* Full (*,G) wildcard route matching, for IPv4 and IPv6.
* Variant wildcard route matching with source and group range
matching. This may of course waste a lot of resources, so
handle with care:
+ (*,G/LEN), issue #135 (IPv4), and issue #162 (IPv6)
+ (S/LEN,G), issue #81
* Full SSM/ASM group join support, for both IPv4 and IPv6.
Including joining group ranges from both smcroutectl and
* New command line option, -F file.conf to verify file syntax.
* The -I NAME command line option has changed to -i NAME,
compat support for the previous option remains.
* The mrdisc flag to the phyint directive is now what solely
controls the functionality per interface. Previously a
mechanism to enable/disable the functionality (if enabled) if
active routes were in place. However, this did not cover (*,G)
routes so that has been removed to simplify and guarantee full
* Output format from smcroutectl has been extensively changed.
E.g, new /LEN support means wider columns, but heading have
* Fix #120: failed ASM/SSM IGMP join if interface has no address
* Fix #130: dynamic IPv6 routes are not flushed (like IPv4 (*,G))
* Fix #149: (*,G) cache timeout callback stops, or never starts
* Fix #151: same log entries
* Fix #156: smcruotectl show does not show IPv6 routes
* Fix stochastic timer behavior, e.g. mrdisc announcements
experienced interference with the (*,G) cache timer
* Tue Feb 12 2019 Martin Hauke <email@example.com>
- Update to version 2.4.4
* Allow same outbound interface as inbound for routes, only warn user
* systemd unit file hardening, recommended by Debian
* IGMP header checksum missing from mrdisc frames
* Unblock *all* matching, and currently blocked, (S,G) to a
newly installed (*,G) route, only the first know was unblocked
* Timer nanosecond bug causing loss of address refresh on DHCP
interfaces. Interface monitoring feature introduced in v2.4.3
* Calling init script with `stop` does not stop `smcrouted`
* ifindex in UNIX/POSIX is an interger, not unsigned short
* Wed Nov 14 2018 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Remove ip_route.h for the license clash
* Sat Nov 10 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 2.4.3
* Add strlcat() replacement from OpenBSD, use instead of strcat()
* smcrouted should never log to system console, proposed by Westermo
* smcrouted fails to join multicast groups on interfaces that do not
yet have an IP address when smcrouted starts up, or when it receives
SIGHUP, e.g. DHCP client interfaces. This patch release adds a timer
refresh of interface addresses that retries multicast group joins
until an address is set. This is similar to issue #55, but does not
handle interfaces that do not exist yet.
* Make sure Linux alias interfaces (baseif:num) are registered as
baseif. Westermo found that use of alias interfaces cause multiple
VIFs to be registered for the same base interface causing multicast
routes to use the wrong inbound or outbound VIF. Alias interfaces
use the same underlying physical interface so only one VIF needed.
* Fix display of route counters and column alignment
* Simplify utimensat() replacement, AT_SYMLINK_NOFOLLOW unused
* Mon Sep 10 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.4.2
* Add wrapper script smcroute for use with old style startup scripts
* Add symlinks to man pages for smcrouted.8 and smcroutectl.8
* Update SysV init script, daemon now called smcrouted
* Fix #96: A .conf line may be missing final newline, this is fine
* Spellcheck smcroute.conf example
* Mon Jun 18 2018 email@example.com
- Initial package, version 2.4.1