* Mon Apr 27 2020 Manuel Schnitzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- updated to version 1.2.7
* Fixed 'wrong number of arguments' errors when running on JRuby 9.0. #114.
* Fixed warnings when running on Ruby 2.8. #112.
* Mon Jan 27 2020 Manuel Schnitzer <email@example.com>
- updated to version 1.2.6
* Timezone#strftime('%s', time) will now return the correct number of seconds since the epoch. #91.
* Removed the unused TZInfo::RubyDataSource::REQUIRE_PATH constant.
* Fixed "SecurityError: Insecure operation - require" exceptions when loading data with recent Ruby releases in safe mode.
* Fixed warnings when running on Ruby 2.7. #106 and #111.
* Thu Feb 15 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.2.5
* Support recursively (deep) freezing Country and Timezone instances. #80.
* Allow negative daylight savings time offsets to be derived when reading
from zoneinfo files. The utc_offset and std_offset are now derived
correctly for Europe/Dublin in the 2018a and 2018b releases of the Time
* Thu Nov 02 2017 email@example.com
- Updated to version 1.2.4
* Ignore the leapseconds file that is included in zoneinfo directories installed with version 2017c and later of the Time Zone Database.
* Sun Mar 26 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to version 1.2.3
see installed CHANGES.md
Version 1.2.3 - 25-Mar-2017
* Reduce the number of String objects allocated when loading zoneinfo files.
* Make Timezone#friendly_identifier compatible with frozen string literals.
* Improve the algorithm for deriving the utc_offset from zoneinfo files. This
now correctly handles Pacific/Apia switching from one side of the
International Date Line to the other whilst observing daylight savings time.
* Fix an UnknownTimezone exception when calling transitions_up_to or
offsets_up_to on a TimezoneProxy instance obtained from Timezone.get_proxy.
* Allow the Factory zone to be obtained from the Zoneinfo data source.
* Ignore the /usr/share/zoneinfo/timeconfig symlink included in Slackware
* Fix Timezone#strftime handling of %Z expansion when %Z is prefixed with more
than one percent. #31.
* Support expansion of %z, %:z, %::z and %:::z to the UTC offset of the time
zone in Timezone#strftime. #31 and #67.
* Wed Oct 15 2014 email@example.com
- put the requires actually in the gem_packages
* Sun Oct 12 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- port MANUAL to gem2rpm.yml
* Sun Oct 12 2014 email@example.com
- updated to version 1.2.2
* Fix an error with duplicates being returned by Timezone#all_country_zones
and Timezone#all_country_zone_identifiers when used with tzinfo-data
v1.2014.6 or later.
* Use the zone1970.tab file for country timezone data if it is found in the
zoneinfo directory (and fallback to zone.tab if not). zone1970.tab was added
in tzdata 2014f. zone.tab is now deprecated.
Version 1.2.1 - 1-Jun-2014
* Support zoneinfo files generated with zic version 2014c and later.
* On platforms that only support positive 32-bit timestamps, ensure that
conversions are accurate from the epoch instead of just from the first
transition after the epoch.
* Minor documentation improvements.
Version 1.2.0 - 26-May-2014
* Raise the minimum supported Ruby version to 1.8.7.
* Support loading system zoneinfo data on FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Solaris.
* Add canonical_identifier and canonical_zone methods to Timezone. Resolves #16.
* Add a link to a DataSourceNotFound help page in the TZInfo::DataSourceNotFound
* Load iso3166.tab and zone.tab files as UTF-8.
* Fix Timezone#local_to_utc returning local Time instances on systems using UTC
as the local time zone. Resolves #13.
* Fix == methods raising an exception when passed an instance of a different
class by making <=> return nil if passed a non-comparable argument.
* Eliminate "require 'rational'" warnings. Resolves #10.
* Eliminate "assigned but unused variable - info" warnings. Resolves #11.
* Switch to minitest v5 for unit tests. Resolves #18.
* Mon May 19 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- require timezone
* Thu Oct 10 2013 email@example.com
- updated to version 1.1.0
* TZInfo is now thread safe. ThreadSafe::Cache is now used instead of Hash
to cache Timezone and Country instances returned by Timezone.get and
Country.get. The tzinfo gem now depends on thread_safe ~> 0.1.
* Added a transitions_up_to method to Timezone that returns a list of the times
where the UTC offset of the timezone changes.
* Added an offsets_up_to method to Timezone that returns the set of offsets
that have been observed in a defined timezone.
* Fixed a "can't modify frozen String" error when loading a Timezone from a
zoneinfo file using an identifier String that is both tainted and frozen.
* Support TZif3 format zoneinfo files (now produced by zic from tzcode version
* Support using YARD to generate documentation (added a .yardopts file).
* Ignore the +VERSION file included in the zoneinfo directory on Mac OS X.
* Added a note to the documentation concerning 32-bit zoneinfo files (as
included with Mac OS X).
* Sat Jul 20 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to version 1.0.1
* Fix a test case failure when tests are run from a directory that contains a
dot in the path (issue #29751).
* Mon Jun 03 2013 email@example.com
- updated to version 1.0.0
* Allow TZInfo to be used with different data sources instead of just the
built-in Ruby module data files.
* Include a data source that allows TZInfo to load data from the binary
zoneinfo files produced by zic and included with many Linux and Unix-like
* Remove the definition and index Ruby modules from TZInfo and move them into
a separate TZInfo::Data library (available as the tzinfo-data gem).
* Default to using the TZInfo::Data library as the data source if it is
installed, otherwise use zoneinfo files instead.
* Preserve the nanoseconds of local timezone Time objects when performing
conversions (issue #29705).
* Don't add the tzinfo lib directory to the search path when requiring 'tzinfo'.
The tzinfo lib directory must now be in the search path before 'tzinfo' is
* Add utc_start_time, utc_end_time, local_start_time and local_end_time instance
methods to TimezonePeriod. These return an identical value as the existing
utc_start, utc_end, local_start and local_end methods, but return Time
instances instead of DateTime.
* Make the start_transition, end_transition and offset properties of
TimezonePeriod protected. To access properties of the period, callers should
use other TimezonePeriod instance methods instead (issue #7655).
* Mon Mar 18 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to version 0.3.37
* Updated to tzdata version 2013b
* Sun Mar 03 2013 email@example.com
- updated to version 0.3.36
* Updated to tzdata version 2013a
* Fix TimezoneTransitionInfo#eql? incorrectly returning false when running on
* Change eql? and == implementations to test the class of the passed in object
instead of checking individual properties with 'respond_to?'.
* Mon Nov 05 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to version 0.3.35
* Sun Oct 28 2012 email@example.com
- updated to version 0.3.34
* Updated to tzdata version 2012h
* Tue Jul 31 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- use new gem2rpm to provide new version of provisions
* Sun Apr 08 2012 email@example.com
- update to 0.3.33
* Updated to tzdata version 2012c
* Tue Apr 03 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.3.32
* Updated to tzdata version 2012b
* Tue Nov 01 2011 email@example.com
- update to version 0.3.30