Rake is a Make-like program implemented in Ruby. Tasks and dependencies are
specified in standard Ruby syntax.
Rake has the following features:
- Rakefiles (rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard
No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab
or a space?)
- Users can specify tasks with prerequisites.
- Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks.
- Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file
names and paths.
- Supports parallel execution of tasks.