* Sun Sep 03 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.43:
* New features
- Filters can now be written in python
- Filters can respond to hotkeys (i.e. single keypresses bound to rlwrap-hotkey in .inputrc)
* Bug fixes
- rlwrap now always searches terminfo before termcap.
- playing back a readline macro consisting of more than one line would crash rlwrap.
- rlwrap --one-shot could accept more than one line when input in quick succession.
* Sun Jan 18 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.42:
+ Changes from 0.37 to 0.40
- configure will now find tgentent() in libtinfo
- compiling with gcc -O2 made rlwrap hang after Ctrl-D on
- HP-UX 11 has weird tgentent() return values, confusing rlwrap
- Solaris: rlwrap would sometimes fail with "TIOCSWINSZ failed
on slave pty"
- Single quote ' is now word-breaking by default
- multi-line edit would mangle upper ASCII and UTF-8 (and still
does that to UTF-16 :( )
- added --extra-char-after-completion and --multi-line-ext
- rlwrap now recognizes the 'rmcup' and 'rmkx' character
sequences used by programs that use an alternate screen
(like editors and pagers) to return from it.
- configure will now correctly determine pty type on SCO
- rlwrap --no-children would leak file descriptors to
- non-ASCII characters in multi-lin input are no longer
replaced by spaces after calling an external editor
- running rlwrap within emacs would crash (division by zero)
rlwrap now bails out whenever terminal width == 0
- added --enable-proc-mountpoint config option to use alternate
linux-like proc filesystems (like in FreeBSD) for finding
<command>s working dir (-c option) and kernel function in which
<command> is sleeping (-N option)
- added prototype for copy_without_ignore_markers, fixing a
segfault on FreeBSD
- Filters now get complete echo lines even if the echo comes
back in chunks
+ Changes from 0.40 to 0.41
- Slightly late SIGCHLD could cause an I/O error on master pty
- Added -W (-polling) option to poll slave pty for changes in
its interrupt character and ISIG flag.
- if $TERM is not found in termcap/terminfo database, use vt100
+ Changes from 0.41 to 0.42
- Added --mirror-arguments (-U) option
- On SunOS tcgetattr(slave pty) failed with "Invalid argument"
- If the completion list contained two words, one of which a
prefix of the other (e.g. "sea" and "seagull") the shorter
one would be skipped when displaying a list of completions
- reading completion files (with the -f option, or from
$RLWRAP_HOME/<command>_completions) could fail with an
incorrect ENOENT ("No such file or directory")
- rlwrap -z listing wouldn't list filters
- When both master and slave pty are unfit for sensing slave
commands terminal settings, rlwrap now bails out with an
error "cannot determine terminal mode of slave command"
* Sun Sep 19 2010 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.37:
+ Commands that emit "status lines" using backspaces and carriage
returns could confuse rlwrap
+ rlwrap uses C strings internally, and thus cannot cope with
command output that contains zero bytes (padding). It used to
replace these with spaces, now the zero bytes are removed.
+ If the RLWRAP_HOME is set, but $RLWRAP_HOME doesn't exist,
rlwrap will create it
+ Typo: SIGERR instead of SIG_ERR in signals.c
* Tue Apr 06 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.36
* When rlwrap kills itself after a command crash it will not dump
core, in order to avoid clobbering command's core dump.
* Many small improvements and fixes for multi-line input
* Many small fixes and improvements in signal handling
* Added --one-shot (-o) and --only-cook (-O) options
* Added EXAMPLES section and -t option to rlwrap manpage
* prefix arguments are now correctly reset
* Hyphens in rlwrap manpage are now all properly escaped
* Major new feature: filtering. Filters sit between rlwrap and the
wrapped command, re-writing command output, input, prompts,
history, and completion word lists.
* At program exit, rlwrap now outputs a newline only when the client
* Added -g, -I, -N, -S, -w and -z options
* -p option now takes colour names (-pYellow)
* Wed Jan 16 2008 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.30:
* EOF on stdin (e.g. by pressing CTRL-D) would end prompt colouring.
* added -q option
* added -A option to handle (ANSI-)coloured prompts
* added -p option to colourise uncoloured prompts
* added -t option to set terminal type for client command
* rlwrap now copies its terminal settings from the client
even when this has put its terminal in single-keypress
(uncooked) mode. A rlwrapped emacs will now respond to CTRL-C
and CTRL-G as it should.
* error messages and warnings now include the rlwrap version number
* added a very simple custom malloc/free debugger for use with the
- -debug option. Rather fragile and not well tested, use with care.
* Whenever TERM is not set, rlwrap assumes vt100. Set TERM=dumb if
you really have a dumb terminal.
* rlwrap now leaves the handling of multi-line prompts and edit
buffers to readline (except when in horizontal-scroll mode or when
configured with --enable-homegrown-redisplay).
* whenever --always-readline is set, SIGWINCH not passed to
client command immediately, but only *after* accepting a line.
* --spy-on-readline now enabled by default
* Wed May 16 2007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package, Version 0.28