* Thu Feb 06 2020 Paolo Stivanin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 5.8
- Automatically recover detail lost to lens blur (diffraction)
using the new Capture Sharpening tool, located in the “Raw” tab.
It takes place right after demosaicing, and as it works in
linear space it is not prone to haloing. Capture Sharpening in
combination with Post-Resize Sharpening allows for detailed
and crisp results.
- CR3 support: image data is decoded so you can process your raw files,
but metadata is not supported yet. If you have an ICC or DCP input
profile for your CR3-producing camera, you will need to point
RawTherapee to it manually
(Color tab > Color Management > Input Profile > Custom).
- Improvements of various camera models (new DCP dual-illuminant
input profiles, raw crops, white levels, etc.), speedups and
optimizations to various tools, better memory management,
various bug fixes. See the git log for details.
- Remove shared libs from spec because it was building just a couple
of .a libs
- Switched from -O2 to -O3, as suggested in the release notes
* Wed Sep 11 2019 Marcin Bajor <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.7
- Film Negative tool, for easily developing raw photographs of film negatives.
- Support for reading “rating” tags from Exif and XMP, shown in the File Browser/Filmstrip using RawTherapee’s star rating system.
- Hundreds of bug fixes, speed optimizations and raw format support improvements
* Sat Apr 20 2019 Marcin Bajor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 5.6
- New features since 5.5
* Pseudo-HiDPI support, for a smooth and sharp user interface regardless of screen size.
Pseudo-HiDPI mode is disabled by default, enable it in Preferences > General > Appearance.
Scaling in RawTherapee depends on font size, DPI and display scaling.
While scaling has been tested to work well in Windows, Linux and macOS,
there are some macOS display modes which are incompatible with it,
specifically those modes suffixed by "(HiDPI)" in macOS Display settings.
Some versions of macOS (10.14.*) seem to not list any modes, in which case the user must just give it a try.
* Ability to move tools to a new Favorites tab, http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Favorites_Tab
* "Unclipped" processing profile, to make it easy to save an image while
preserving data across the whole tonal range, http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Unclipped
* User-adjustable tiles-per-thread settings in Preferences > Performance,
for users who want to find optimal values for their system. The default value of 2 tiles-per-thread performs best overall.
* Hundreds of speed optimizations, bug fixes, and overall improvements.
* Mon Dec 17 2018 Marcin Bajor <email@example.com>
- Update to 5.5
- New features since 5.4
* Filter to remove striping artifacts caused by Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) as seen in Sony cameras,
and to remove banding artifacts caused by Nikon's too-aggressive in-camera PDAF correction.
These are available for any camera which has a PDAF entry in camconst.json, currently:
Nikon Z 6, Nikon Z 7, Sony DSC-RX1RM2, Sony ILCE-6000, Sony ILCE-6300, Sony ILCE-6500, Sony ILCE-7M3,
Sony ILCE-7RM2, Sony ILCE-7RM3, Sony ILCE-9
* Ability to specify custom working color spaces through the workingspaces.json file.
* Unbounded processing - allows you to decide whether out-of-gamut colors should get clipped.
* Improved support for Canon mRaw format variants.
* New Shadows/Highlights tool (replaced previous one).
* Contrast threshold mask which divides an image into areas of high and low detail,
allowing the effect of certain tools to be focused where it matters most and to mitigate the effect
on areas where it would be undesirable, for example having the Sharpening tool affect only the in-focus
subject without affecting the out-of-focus background. Available for:
Sharpening, Post-Resize Sharpening, Microcontrast, Demosaicing
* Dual-demosaic algorithms, making use of the new contrast threshold mask, allowing one to use a combination
of demosaicing algorithms where one is best for details and the other best for plain areas.
* New color toning methods:
Grid, allowing you to separately tone the shadows and highlights using two points on a simple color grid.
Regions, allowing you to tone based on any number of masks. Supports functions from the American Society of Cinematographers
Color Decision List (ASC CDL).
* Resizable main histogram with scaling modes: Linear, Log, Log-Log
The log scales can be adjusted by click-dragging the mouse sideways inside the histogram area.
* Support for Blackmagic and Canon Magic Lantern lj92 encoded files.
* Allows you to specify how many border rows/columns to discard during demosaicing - those who shoot raw video at a standard resolution
such as 1920x1080 will appreciate being able to preserve the dimensions.
* New Soft Light tool which enhances contrast and saturation by emulating the effect of blending an image with a copy of itself in "soft light" blending mode in GIMP.
* The Resize tool allows you to specify whether you want it to upscale or only downscale.
* New icon and cursor theme.
* The bundled ICC profiles have been re-generated, and now include ICC v2 and v4 variants.
* If your screen's resolution is such that not all icons fit in a toolbar, you can now scroll the toolbar using the mouse scroll-wheel.
* New "Flexible" tone curve type. A characteristic of the cubic spline curve (renamed from "Custom" to "Standard")
is that editing one node could have a huge impact on what happens to the curve in relation to the other nodes.
The new "Flexible" centripetal Catmull–Rom spline curve allows you to make adjustments to any part of the curve with little impact on the other parts.
* Allow saving both floating-point and integer type files at both 16-bit and 32-bit precision from RawTherapee GUI and CLI.
* Improved lensfun chromatic aberration correction.
* The raw chromatic aberration correction tool can now run in several iterations, and gained a feature to avoid introducing a color shift which could result from correcting chromatic aberration before demosaicing.
* Certain sliders now operate on a logarithmic scale, allowing for a meaningful response over large ranges.
* Dedicated "Reset" button in Crop tool.
* Support for new cameras, and new input color profiles.
* Speed enhancements and bug fixes, for a total of over 1300 commits.
* Wed Mar 21 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 5.4
- New features since 5.3
* New default processing profiles, now the default look for raw photos closely matches the out-of-camera look with regard to tones and includes lens distortion and vignetting correction.
* New histogram matching tool, to have RawTherapee automatically adjust the image for you to match the out-of-camera look with a single click of a button.
* New HDR Tone Mapping tool to compress the light in scenes with a high dynamic range, allowing you to show details in both shadows and highlights in a realistic way.
* New Local Contrast tool to boost clarity using a simple interface.
* New color toning method L*a*b* Color Correction Grid.
* New RCD demosaicing algorithm to minimize artifacts even with artificial lighting and strong chromatic aberration.
* New thumbnail overlay icons in the File Browser and Filmstrip to help you distinguish normal images from HDR and Pixel Shift ones.
* Added support for showing out-of-gamut areas based on the output profile.
* Added support for reading and writing metadata and ICC profiles to and from PNG images.
* Added support for processing Sony Pixel Shift ARQ raw files - make sure that the ARQ extension is enabled in Preferences > File Browser > Parsed Extensions.
* Create Sony ARQ raw files using https://github.com/agriggio/make_arq
* Added support for saving 32-bit floating-point TIFFs clamped to [0;1].
* Added profiled chromatic aberration correction support using Lensfun.
* More tools now have an on/off switch.
* The user interface is cleaner, with all power-house tools moved into a new "Advanced" tab to prevent slider-shock to newcomers.
* The Metadata tab now lets you choose whether you want to copy metadata unchanged, edit metadata or strip metadata when saving images. Now you can also make metadata changes in batch mode.
* The choice of whether the main histogram should display information using the working profile or the output profile is now available from the Editor tab's top toolbar.
* The Crop tool's aspect ratio now defaults to that of the image, and RawTherapee automatically zooms-to-fit the crop once it's placed.
* RGB input-type ICC profiles can now be used as output profiles.
* The saved reference image for profiling (created from within the Color Management tool) now contains metadata.
* PNG and compressed TIFF images make use of better compression.
* Shortcut key changes: Zoom-to-fit the crop using "f", fit the whole image using "Alt+f".
* Sat Sep 30 2017 email@example.com
- Update to 5.3
- New features since 5.2
* CIECAM02 enhanced with control over the scene and viewing conditions.
* CIECAM02-friendly "Average Surround" color theme and L* middle gray preview background color, takes into account human vision and color appearance with regard to the surrounding color.
* Manually save the collapsed/expanded state of tools.
* Lensfun support, for automatic (and manual) profiled lens correction.
* ACES, DCI-P3 Theater and DCI-P3 D65 output color profiles.
* Numerous speed optimizations and bug fixes.
* Sun Jul 23 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 5.2
- New Features since 5.1
* GIMP plugin to open raw images in GIMP using RawTherapee - see RawPedia.
* "Remote" mode (-R command line option) to allow opening images ("Open with" or passed as arguments) in a full-fledged instance. The -R mode allows you to open an image in an already-running instance of RawTherapee, if that instance was also started using -R. Opening an image without the -R option will open RawTherapee in "no-File-Browser" mode which lacks the File Browser and Queue tabs, and the Preferences button.
* Added DCP profiles for accurate color for: FUJIFILM X-T20
- Most significant improvements
* 4x speedup of the Microcontrast tool.
* CIECAM02 curves no longer cause a sudden jump in brightness.
* Improved stability in METM (Multiple Editor Tabs Mode) in Windows.
* Improvement to the MEOW (Multiple Editor Tabs in Own Window) mode.
* LCP files lead to better results.
* Large speedup and stability improvement when opening folders containing hundreds or thousands of images.
* Many memory leaks fixed.
* Pixel Shift speedups, reduction of memory requirements, and motion mask preview accuracy improved.
* The preview of the Tone Mapping tool is now much more accurate at any zoom level.
* Thu Jul 13 2017 email@example.com
- Build with gccN, fix build failure for Leap
* Tue May 16 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 5.1
- Pentax Pixel Shift support, to automatically combine sub-images from a Pentax Pixel Shift raw file into one high quality image.
- Support for processing any sub-image from raw formats which support multiple images. Currently up to 4 sub-images supported.
- Dynamic Profile Creator to automatically generate per-image custom processing profiles by merging existing processing profiles based on image metadata (Exif).
- New command-line executable "rawtherapee-cli(.exe)" to reduce startup time for command-line operations.
- HaldCLUT paths are now relative to the HaldCLUT folder as set in Preferences. This enables you to share PP3 files easier.
- Auto White Balance now has a Temperature Bias, letting you make the automatic temperature warmer or cooler.
- LCP correction works for raw and non-raw files.
- LCP distortion correction support for fisheye lenses.
- Certain tools are now hidden or disabled if the loaded image does not support them, e.g. the tools in the Raw tab are disabled when working with a non-raw file.
- New zoom levels for the main preview in the Editor tab.
- New Fast Export option to downscale the image before processing, to increase speed.
- Custom crop ratio.
- Automatic monitor profile detection also in Linux.
- Lens information support added for Panasonic cameras.
- Support for lossy DNG files.
- Support for compressed Fujifilm Bayer raw files.
- Support for compressed X-Trans raw files.
- Support for Sigma sd Quattro DNG raw files.
- Added DCP profiles for accurate color for:
* FUJIFILM X100S
* LG Mobile LG-H815 (LG G4)
* NIKON D300
* NIKON D300
* NIKON D5600
* NIKON D80
* NIKON D810
* OLYMPUS E-M1MarkII
* Panasonic DMC-GX85
* Fri Feb 03 2017 email@example.com
- Update to version 5.0-r1
- astyle'd rtgui/options.cc to help merge
- Updated splash screen SVG + PNG.
- Revision of CMake and related files to support meaningful git versions within our extensive use of branches and development builds. #3628
- Fix deprecated Glib::RecMutex on Windows + remove useless GThreadEnter
- Removed "std=c++11" from release notes.
- Fix call to `abs()` with `unsigned int` (fixes #3339, #3652)
- Added back the TooWaBlue theme + images for GTK+ 3.16-3.18.
- TooWaBlue theme bumped to 2.42, closes #3651
- Added newline into tooltip PREFERENCES_OUTDIRTEMPLATEHINT
- Translation files updated.
* Mon Jan 23 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 5.0.0
- Fix issue #3590
- Generated new DCP input profiles using dcamprof 1.0.4
- Update Czech Translation
- External editor polished and implements ShellExecute, closes #3522
- Added FUJIFILM X-Pro2 DCP, #3269
- Added OLYMPUS E-M10 DCP from
- Added PENTAX K-1 dual-illuminant DCP from Hombre
- Added NIKON D750 and YI TECHNOLOGY M1 daylight DCPs, dual-illuminant to follow,
- Added RICOH PENTAX K-1 dual-illuminant DCP, no issue, raw files from Hombre
- Removed "rtdata/dcpprofiles/PENTAX K-1.dcp" as it had an incorrect filename and was replaced by a better DCamProf 1.0.4 version "RICOH PENTAX K-1.dcp"
- Removed NIKON D750.dcp and Nikon D750.dcp, #3615
- Added new NIKON D750.dcp, #3615
- Segfault when selecting GIMP installation directory in Preferences (Windows), fixes #3534
- issue 3598 and 2289 - util functions to determine file types by ending
- Clean-ups for #3616
- Updated French strings + bugfix in rtgui/retinex.cc (no issue)
- Solving issue #3506 (bugfix from mmmtok)
- Better translation of DCP's LUT in French
- Added NIKON D600 dual-illuminant DCP,
- Added NIKON D810 D65 WL=15700 DCP,
- Updated FUJIFILM X-Pro2 dual-illuminant DCP, closes #3269
- Minimum crop size 1x1, closes #3619, closes #3620
- Added SONY SLT-A99V daylight DCP, no issue.
- Added Canon EOS 20D daylight DCP, no issue.
- Added Canon EOS 40D daylight DCP, no issue.
- Added Canon EOS 50D daylight DCP, no issue.
- Added Canon EOS 7D daylight DCP, no issue.
- Added Canon EOS 7D Mark II daylight DCP, no issue.
- Small bugfix in rtgui/retinex.cc, no issue
- Themes updated including stuck-scrollbar workaround by TooWaBoo, closes #3605
- Fix #3619 and some minor clean-ups
* Fri Jan 13 2017 email@example.com
- Crash on reading floating point demosaiced DNG files, fixes #3600
- Crash when opening JPEG file with corrupted metadata, fixes #3602
- Limited exif user comment to 65535 chars
- Pentax K1 file in APS-C mode has wrong raw crop, fixes #3519
- Build on Linux broken due DCP profile filename typo, fixes #3603
* Sun Jan 08 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed wrong tooltip in IPTC panel, fixes #3569
- Deutsch updated by TooWaBoo, closes #3584
- Updated SONY ILCE-6000.dcp, closes #3220
- Turn icon buttons into label buttons, language strings updated. #3571 (#3580)
- Translation updates
- macOS fix from #3589
- IPTC strings updated to version 1.2
- Update language strings after merge with IPTC Core 1.2 changes, #3581
- Prevent TravisCI spamming join/part in IRC.
- Guard `processor` in `editorpanel.cc` (#3578)
- Deutsch translation updated by TooWaBoo, closes #3596
- Segfault when opening a folder which contains a 13229 x 57812 jpeg, fixes #3599
- When opening a folder with a lot of files (about 1000) progress bar in rt and tab label of filebrowser (percentage) are not updated frequently, fixes #3592
- Crash on reading floating point demosaiced DNG files, fixes #3600
* Mon Jan 02 2017 email@example.com
- RawTherapee crashed after opening linear DNG from Sigma SD H Quattro camera in editor. fixes #3559
- Swedish update by mks9000, closes #3564
- Deutsch update by TooWaBoo, closes #3561
- Revamped IPTC tab (issue #3554)
- Printer profile added in Preferences for soft-proofing
- Bugfix backported from gtk3 branch, related to OSX printer profile
* Thu Dec 29 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- camconst.json updates by IliasG #3298 2016-12-26
* Tue Dec 27 2016 email@example.com
- Fix crash with Canon m-raw files when raw crop in camconst.json is defined, #3533
- CbDL before black and white no preview when changing exposure, fixes #3539
- Remove intrusive tooltips, issue #3537 (#3538)
- Review of thumb size defaults, closes #3535
- Speedup Vignette and Graduated Filter
- Experiment to prevent var-tracking warning (#3543)
- Constify `Wavelet` (#3543)
- Prune unnecessary `Wavelet` members (#3543)
- Translation strings update.
- Fix off-by-(-1) in checkRawImageThumb() (#3553)
- JPEG IJG add missing README, #3549 (#3555)
- Backporting patch from issue #3446
- Fix issue #3532 + a memory leak
* Wed Dec 14 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bugfix: RT could crash while displaying Color Pickers (no issue)
- Fully check thumb data size (#3529)
* Wed Dec 07 2016 email@example.com
- Fixes #3517, build fails when using libcairo 1.15
- Make `ImageIO` load grayscale JPGs and TIFFs (#3515)
- Removed some debug message left in code
* Mon Nov 28 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- rt_splash_5 licence changed to CC-BY-SA 3.0, closes #3511
- Tone curve histogram ignores DCP tone curve, fixes #3512
* Sun Nov 13 2016 email@example.com
- camconst.json updated by iliasg, #3298
- Formatting, spelling, grammar and structural changes to camconst.json
- better support for Pentax K-70 and XiaoYI M1
- Fixes Preferences > Color Management layout, #3488
- Fixing issue #3497: "Lockable color picker interacts with info text on image area"
- Added rtdata/rt_splash_5.svg and png
- Fix Clang warnings and build failure on OSX 10.12
- Enabled property of a tool shoot be first in tool group of pp3 file. Was not the case for Retinex. Fixed. No Issue
- Pentax: ISO > 65535 was reported as 65535 in info dialog
- Fix some Clang warnings reported by @Partha1b
- Improve support for Pentax K-1, Olympus E-M1MarkII and Canon G7 X
- camconst.json formatting fix