* Tue Feb 20 2018 email@example.com
- Remove unrealized future visions from description.
* Tue Feb 20 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.5.0
* Added *.SF3 to soundfont files filter on Setup > Soundfonts
> Open... file dialog.
* Increased Soundfont bank-offset limit to 16384 (was 128).
* Desktop entry specification file is now finally independent
from build/configure template chains.
* Updated target path for freedesktop.org's AppStream metainfo
file (formerly AppData).
* Added French man page (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
* Make builds reproducible byte for byte, by getting rid of
the configure build date and time stamps.
* Fixed a potential crash on the singleton/unique application
* Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command
line options, wrt. installation directories specification,
eg. --prefix, --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.
* Late French (fr) translation update (by Olivier Humbert,
* Old "Start minimized to system tray" option returns to setup.
* Dropped the --enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant
given that's the build default anyway (suggestion by Guido
Scholz, while for Qtractor, thanks).
* Dropped old "Start minimized to system tray" option from setup.
* CMake script lists update (patch by Orcan Ogetbil, thanks).
* Added application keywords to freedesktop.org's AppData.
* System-tray icon context menu has been fixed/hacked to show up
again on Plasma 5 (aka. KDE5) notifications status area.
* Prevent x11extras module from use on non-X11/Unix plaforms.
* Messages standard output capture has been improved in both ways
a non-blocking pipe may get.
* Regression fix for invalid system-tray icon dimensions reported
by some desktop environment frameworks.
* Desktop environment session shutdown/logout management has been
also adapted to Qt5 framework.
* Single/unique application instance control adapted to Qt5/X11.
* Output meter scale text color fixed on dark color schemes.
* Prefer Qt5 over Qt4 by default with configure script.
* Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
* A new top-level widget window geometry state save and restore
sub-routine is now in effect.
* Fixed for some strict tests for Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
* German (de) translation update (by Guido Scholz, thanks).
* Added application description as freedesktop.org's AppData.
* New user preference option on whether to show the nagging
'program will keep running in the system tray' message, on
main window close.
* Application close confirm warning is now raising the main
window as visible and active for due top level display,
especially applicable when minimized to the system tray.
* A man page has been added.
* Translations install directory change.
* Allow the build system to include an user specified LDFLAGS.
* Czech (cs) translation updated (by Pavel Fric, thanks).
- Refreshed qsynth-fix_desktop_file.patch
- Dropped qsynth-remove_build_timestamps.patch (no longer
- Switched to Qt5 build
- Split locale files into separate -lang subpackage
- Spec cleanup
* Sat Jan 04 2014 email@example.com
- update to 0.3.8:
* Serbian (sr) translation added
- changes from 0.3.7:
* new French (fr) translation
* reversed (mouse) scroll-wheel effect on dial knob widgets
* MIDI bank select mode control added to engine setup dialog
* main window is now brought to front and (re)activated when clicking on the
system tray icon instead of just hiding it
* Thu Jan 05 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- initial version (0.3.6)
* Mon Mar 15 2021 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.9.2
* Possible fix to the even number of audio channels not playing
back through JACK when audio group number is set to 2.
* Sun Feb 07 2021 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.9.1
* Fixed MIDI player to files that are drag and dropped
after a first time following engine re-initialization.
* Fix multi-channel support with JACK.
* Early preparations for the New Year develop(ment) cycle.
- Drop qsynth-0.9.0_Qt512.patch (merged upstream)
* Thu Dec 17 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.9.0
* Early fixing to build for Qt >= 6.0.0 and comply with C++17
- Add qsynth-0.9.0_Qt512.patch
* Fri Jul 31 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.6.3
* Left-clicking on the system-tray icon now simply
toggles the main widget visibility, disregarding
if already hidden undercover to other windows.
* Early fixing to build for Qt >= 5.15.0.
* Tue Mar 24 2020 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.6.2
* A scalable (.svg) icon version has been added.
* Make man page compression reproducible (after request
by Jelle van der Waa, while on the Vee-Ones, thanks).
* Ditching deprecated QTime methods for QElapsedTimer's
(in compliance to Qt >= 5.14.0).
* Bumped copyright headers into the New Year (2020).
* Mon Dec 23 2019 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.6.1
* Custom color (palette) theme editor introduced; color
(palette) theme changes are now effective immediately,
except on default.
* Second attempt to fix the yet non-official though
CMake build configuration.
* When using autotools and ./configure --with-qt=...,
it is also necessary to adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable (after a merge request by plcl
aka. Pedro López-Cabanillas, while on qmidinet,
- Switch build to cmake
* Thu Oct 17 2019 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.6.0
* Updated the old yet non-oficial CMake build option.
* Fix HiDPI display screen effective support (Qt >= 5.6).
* System-tray icon context menu has been refactored to
be exactly the same as the main-window context menu
that is re-instantiated on demand.
* Make sure compiler flags comply to c++11 as standard.
* Fri Jul 12 2019 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.5.7
* Updated for the newer Qt5 development tools (>= 5.13).
* Configure updated to check for qtchooser availability.
* Updated icon files into 128x128 base resolution.
* Thu Apr 11 2019 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.5.6
* Re-defined all main application UNIX signal handling.
* Mon Mar 11 2019 Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.5.5 (Pre-LAC2019 Release Frenzy)
* Refactored all singleton/unique application instance
setup logic away from X11/Xcb hackery.
* HiDPI display screen support (Qt >= 5.6).
* Bumped copyright headers into the New Year (2019).
* Wed Dec 05 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 0.5.4
* Reset button now also resets master Gain, Reverb and
Chorus to their "factory default" values.
* Fixed Reverb and Chorus effects processing when audio
output peak-meters are enabled on FluidSynth API V2.
* Old deprecated Qt4 build support is no more.
* System tray options now subject to current desktop
* Wed Oct 10 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.5.3
* Current FluidSynth version information added to command
line output (-V, --version).
* Overhaul adaptations to the FluidSynth API V2 (>= 2.0.0).
* AppStream metadata updated to be the most compliant with
latest freedesktop.org specification and recommendation.
- Dropped fluidsynthv2_overhaul.patch, fluidsynthv2_cmake.patch,
fluidsynthv2_last.patch and fluidsynthv2_version.patch (merged
* Thu Sep 27 2018 Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.5.2
* AppData/AppStream metadata is now settled under an all
permisssive license (FSFAP).
* Disable singleton/unique application instance setup logic
when the display server platform is not X11.
* Fixed deprecated calls to fluid_synth_get_channel_info(),
fluid_synth_set_midi_router() and fluid_settings_getstr()
(as signaled on libfluidsynth >= 1.1.9).
* A little hardening on the configure (autoconf) macro side.
- Backported fluidsynthv2_overhaul.patch, fluidsynthv2_cmake.patch,
fluidsynthv2_last.patch and fluidsynthv2_version.patch to
support fluidsynth 2.0.0