* Wed Jun 29 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 1.11.1:
* #7506 BUG: Make sure numpy imports on python 2.6 when nose is
* #7530 BUG: Floating exception with invalid axis in np.lexsort.
* #7535 BUG: Extend glibc complex trig functions blacklist to glibc
* #7551 BUG: Allow graceful recovery for no compiler.
* #7558 BUG: Constant padding expected wrong type in
* #7578 BUG: Fix OverflowError in Python 3.x. in swig interface.
* #7590 BLD: Fix configparser.InterpolationSyntaxError.
* #7597 BUG: Make np.ma.take work on scalars.
* #7608 BUG: linalg.norm(): Don't convert object arrays to float.
* #7638 BLD: Correct C compiler customization in system_info.py.
* #7654 BUG: ma.median of 1d array should return a scalar.
* #7656 BLD: Remove hardcoded Intel compiler flag -xSSE4.2.
* #7660 BUG: Temporary fix for str(mvoid) for object field types.
* #7665 BUG: Fix incorrect printing of 1D masked arrays.
* #7670 BUG: Correct initial index estimate in histogram.
* #7671 BUG: Boolean assignment no GIL release when transfer needs
* #7676 BUG: Fix handling of right edge of final histogram bin.
* #7680 BUG: Fix np.clip bug NaN handling for Visual Studio 2015.
* #7724 BUG: Fix segfaults in np.random.shuffle.
* #7731 MAINT: Change mkl_info.dir_env_var from MKL to MKLROOT.
* #7737 BUG: Fix issue on OS X with Python 3.x, npymath.ini not
* Sun May 08 2016 email@example.com
* updated source url to files.pythonhosted.org
* Tue Mar 29 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
* require setuptools
- update to version 1.11.0:
+ The datetime64 type is now timezone naive.
+ A dtype parameter has been added to randint.
+ Improved detection of two arrays possibly sharing memory.
+ Automatic bin size estimation for np.histogram.
+ Speed optimization of A @ A.T and dot(A, A.T).
+ New function np.moveaxis for reordering array axes.
* full changelog at https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/release/1.11.0-notes.rst
* Fri Jan 08 2016 email@example.com
- update to version 1.10.4:
* see https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/release/1.10.4-notes.rst
* There is no 1.10.3 due to packaging issues.
* Tue Dec 15 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 1.10.2:
* see https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/release/1.10.2-notes.rst
* Tue Oct 13 2015 email@example.com
- Update to 1.10.1
+ Bugfix for build problems
* Compiling with msvc9 or msvc10 for 32 bit Windows now requires SSE2.
This was the easiest fix for what looked to be some miscompiled code when
SSE2 was not used. If you need to compile for 32 bit Windows systems
without SSE2 support, mingw32 should still work.
* Make compiling with VS2008 python2.7 SDK easier
* Change Intel compiler options so that code will also be generated to
support systems without SSE4.2.
* Some _config test functions needed an explicit integer return in
order to avoid the openSUSE rpmlinter erring out.
* We ran into a problem with pipy not allowing reuse of filenames and a
resulting proliferation of *.*.*.postN releases. Not only were the names
getting out of hand, some packages were unable to work with the postN
- Remove upstream-included numpy-1.10.0-remove_Wreturn_type_warnings.patch
* Tue Oct 06 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.10.0
* numpy.distutils now supports parallel compilation via the --parallel/-j
argument passed to setup.py build
* numpy.distutils now supports additional customization via site.cfg to
control compilation parameters, i.e. runtime libraries, extra
* Addition of *np.linalg.multi_dot*: compute the dot product of two or more
arrays in a single function call, while automatically selecting the
fastest evaluation order.
* The new function `np.stack` provides a general interface for joining a
sequence of arrays along a new axis, complementing `np.concatenate` for
joining along an existing axis.
* Addition of `nanprod` to the set of nanfunctions.
* Support for the '@' operator in Python 3.5.
+ Dropped Support:
* The _dotblas module has been removed. CBLAS Support is now in
* The testcalcs.py file has been removed.
* The polytemplate.py file has been removed.
* npy_PyFile_Dup and npy_PyFile_DupClose have been removed from
* splitcmdline has been removed from numpy/distutils/exec_command.py.
* try_run and get_output have been removed from
* The a._format attribute is no longer supported for array printing.
* Keywords ``skiprows`` and ``missing`` removed from np.genfromtxt.
* Keyword ``old_behavior`` removed from np.correlate.
+ Future Changes:
* In array comparisons like ``arr1 == arr2``, many corner cases
involving strings or structured dtypes that used to return scalars
now issue ``FutureWarning`` or ``DeprecationWarning``, and in the
future will be change to either perform elementwise comparisons or
raise an error.
* The SafeEval class will be removed.
* The alterdot and restoredot functions will be removed.
- Rebase numpy-1.9.0-remove-__declspec.patch
- Add numpy-1.10.0-remove_Wreturn_type_warnings.patch
This patch is already merged upstream and should be present in
* Wed Sep 23 2015 email@example.com
- update to version 1.9.3:
* #5866: fix error finding Python headers when build_ext --include-dirs is set;
* #6016: fix np.loadtxt error on Python 3.5 when reading from gzip files;
* #5555: Replace deprecated options for ifort;
* #6096: remove /GL for VS2015 in check_long_double_representation;
* #6141: enable Visual Studio 2015 C99 features;
* #6171: revert C99 complex for MSVC14.
* Mon Mar 02 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.9.2: Bugfix release
* #5316: fix too large dtype alignment of strings and complex types
* #5424: fix ma.median when used on ndarrays
* #5481: Fix astype for structured array fields of different byte order
* #5354: fix segfault when clipping complex arrays
* #5524: allow np.argpartition on non ndarrays
* #5612: Fixes ndarray.fill to accept full range of uint64
* #5155: Fix loadtxt with comments=None and a string None data
* #4476: Masked array view fails if structured dtype has datetime component
* #5388: Make RandomState.set_state and RandomState.get_state threadsafe
* #5390: make seed, randint and shuffle threadsafe
* #5374: Fixed incorrect assert_array_almost_equal_nulp documentation
* #5393: Add support for ATLAS > 3.9.33.
* #5313: PyArray_AsCArray caused segfault for 3d arrays
* #5492: handle out of memory in rfftf
* #4181: fix a few bugs in the random.pareto docstring
* #5359: minor changes to linspace docstring
* #4723: fix a compile issues on AIX
* Thu Nov 06 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 1.9.1: Bugfix release
* gh-5184: restore linear edge behaviour of gradient to as it was in < 1.9.
The second order behaviour is available via the `edge_order` keyword
* gh-4007: workaround Accelerate sgemv crash on OSX 10.9
* gh-5100: restore object dtype inference from iterable objects without
* gh-5163: avoid gcc-4.1.2 (red hat 5) miscompilation causing a crash
* gh-5138: fix nanmedian on arrays containing inf
* gh-5203: copy inherited masks in MaskedArray.__array_finalize__
* gh-2317: genfromtxt did not handle filling_values=0 correctly
* gh-5067: restore api of npy_PyFile_DupClose in python2
* gh-5063: cannot convert invalid sequence index to tuple
* gh-5082: Segmentation fault with argmin() on unicode arrays
* gh-5095: don't propagate subtypes from np.where
* gh-5104: np.inner segfaults with SciPy's sparse matrices
* gh-5136: Import dummy_threading if importing threading fails
* gh-5148: Make numpy import when run with Python flag '-OO'
* gh-5147: Einsum double contraction in particular order causes ValueError
* gh-479: Make f2py work with intent(in out)
* gh-5170: Make python2 .npy files readable in python3
* gh-5027: Use 'll' as the default length specifier for long long
* gh-4896: fix build error with MSVC 2013 caused by C99 complex support
* gh-4465: Make PyArray_PutTo respect writeable flag
* gh-5225: fix crash when using arange on datetime without dtype set
* gh-5231: fix build in c99 mode
* Mon Sep 08 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.9.0
* Numerous performance improvements in various areas, most
notably indexing and operations on small arrays are
significantly faster. Indexing operations now also release the
* Addition of nanmedian and nanpercentile rounds out the
- Remove upstreamed numpy-double-double-le.patch
- Add numpy-1.9.0-remove-__declspec.patch
Fixes spurious warnings during build. These warnings are related
to a windows-specific function that is not built, so the patch
just removed the function.
- Added patch tag for numpy-buildfix.patch
* Mon Aug 11 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 1.8.2: Bugfix release
* gh-4836: partition produces wrong results for multiple selections in equal ranges
* gh-4656: Make fftpack._raw_fft threadsafe
* gh-4628: incorrect argument order to _copyto in in np.nanmax, np.nanmin
* gh-4642: Hold GIL for converting dtypes types with fields
* gh-4733: fix np.linalg.svd(b, compute_uv=False)
* gh-4853: avoid unaligned simd load on reductions on i386
* gh-4722: Fix seg fault converting empty string to object
* gh-4613: Fix lack of NULL check in array_richcompare
* gh-4774: avoid unaligned access for strided byteswap
* gh-650: Prevent division by zero when creating arrays from some buffers
* gh-4602: ifort has issues with optimization flag O2, use O1
- Switch to pypi download location
- Changed Url to current home page
- Minor spec file cleanups
* Mon Apr 14 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org
- bugfix release 1.8.1
* Fri Dec 06 2013 email@example.com
- apply ppc6le fix from python2 version als here:
* Thu Oct 31 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.8.0
* New, no 2to3, Python 2 and Python 3 are supported by a common code base.
* New, gufuncs for linear algebra, enabling operations on stacked arrays.
* New, inplace fancy indexing for ufuncs with the ``.at`` method.
* New, ``partition`` function, partial sorting via selection for fast median.
* New, ``nanmean``, ``nanvar``, and ``nanstd`` functions skipping NaNs.
* New, ``full`` and ``full_like`` functions to create value initialized arrays.
* New, ``PyUFunc_RegisterLoopForDescr``, better ufunc support for user dtypes.
* Numerous performance improvements in many areas.
- Add a new flag to easily enable/disable atlas support for if it
ever gets fixed in the future
- Rebase numpy-buildfix.patch
- Remove upstreamed numpy-doc-postprocess-encoding.patch
* Thu Aug 15 2013 email@example.com
- Only buildrequire python3-2to3 on 12.2
* Fri May 03 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.7.1
* Fri Apr 05 2013 email@example.com
- Add Source URL, see https://en.opensuse.org/SourceUrls
* Tue Feb 19 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.7.0
* This release includes several new features as well as numerous
bug fixes and refactorings
- ``where=`` parameter to ufuncs (allows the use of boolean
arrays to choose where a computation should be done)
- ``vectorize`` improvements (added 'excluded' and 'cache'
keyword, general cleanup and bug fixes)
- ``numpy.random.choice`` (random sample generating function)
- Reduction UFuncs Generalize axis= Parameter
- Reduction UFuncs New keepdims= Parameter
- Datetime support
- Custom formatter for printing arrays
- New function numpy.random.choice
- New function isclose
- Preliminary multi-dimensional support in the polynomial package
- Ability to pad rank-n arrays
- New argument to searchsorted
- Added experimental support for the AArch64 architecture.
* For additional details check release notes at
- numpy-fd15162.patch and numpy-python33.patch removed, because
now is is in upstream
* Wed Dec 12 2012 email@example.com
- regenerate mtrand.c with cython, needed for python3.3 compatibility