* Thu May 16 2019 Todd R <email@example.com>
- Use python-rpm-macros to simplify the spec file.
- Avoid conflicts with old naming scheme due to python package
* Thu Apr 25 2019 Todd R <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rename to to match python package naming guidelines.
* Tue Feb 05 2019 Antonio Larrosa <email@example.com>
- Fix %suse_update_desktop_file call to evaluate py_ver correctly
* Mon Oct 08 2018 Todd R <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix prompt_toolkit dependency
- Provide python-jupyter_ipython for backwards-compatibility
* Fri Sep 07 2018 email@example.com
- Update to 5.8.0
* Update inspecting function/methods for future-proofing.
* Sun Jul 22 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not compatible with prompt_toolkit 2.x
* Fri May 18 2018 email@example.com
- Update to 5.7.0
* Fix IPython trying to import non-existing matplotlib backends :ghpull:`11087`
* fix for display hook not publishing object metadata :ghpull:`11101`
- Update to 5.6.0
* In Python 3.6 and above, dictionaries preserve the order items were added to
them. On these versions, IPython will display dictionaries in their native
order, rather than sorting by the keys (:ghpull:`10958`).
* :class:`~.IPython.display.ProgressBar` can now be used as an iterator
* The shell object gains a :meth:`~.InteractiveShell.check_complete` method,
to allow a smoother transition to new input processing machinery planned for
IPython 7 (:ghpull:`11044`).
* IPython should start faster, as it no longer looks for all available pygments
styles on startup (:ghpull:`10859`).
* Tue Feb 13 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update url
* Mon Oct 09 2017 email@example.com
- fix conditional to allow build for older distributions
* Tue Sep 19 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 5.5.0
* System Wide config
* Fix ``IPython.core.display:Pretty._repr_pretty_`` had the wrong signature.
* :magic:`timeit` now give a correct ``SyntaxError`` if naked ``return`` used.
* Prepare the ``:ipython:`` directive to be compatible with Sphinx 1.7.
* Make IPython work with OpenSSL in FIPS mode; change hash algorithm of input
from md5 to sha1.
* Clear breakpoints before running any script with debugger.
* Document that :magic:`profile` is deprecated, not to be confused with :magic:`prun`.
* Limit default number of returned completions to 500.
* Wed Sep 06 2017 email@example.com
- Rename to python2-jupyter_ipython to allow for single-spec
package to be used for python3 version.
- Delete -doc subpackage. Docs are being built in the singlespec
version only now.
* Fri Aug 11 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 5.4.1
* Released a few hours after 5.4, fix a crash when
``backports.shutil-get-terminal-size`` is not installed. :ghissue:`10629`
- Update to version 5.4
* Configurable TerminalInteractiveShell
* Define ``_repr_mimebundle_``
* Execution Heuristics
* Implement Display IDs
* Display function
* ``_mp_main_`` is not reloaded which fixes issues with multiprocessing.
* Use user colorscheme in Pdb as well :ghpull:`10479`
* Faster shutdown. :ghpull:`10408`
* Fix a crash in reverse search. :ghpull:`10371`
* added ``Completer.backslash_combining_completions`` boolean option to
deactivate backslash-tab completion that may conflict with windows path.
- Fix building on platforms without icoutils
* Thu Jul 13 2017 email@example.com
- Fix shebang rpmint errors.
* Mon Apr 24 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add note about LTS status and the end of Python 2 support.
- Add python2- provides.
- Neither HTML nor PDF documentation will ever work again,
so drop it.
* Fri Apr 07 2017 email@example.com
- Install icons.
- Install .desktop file.
* Thu Mar 30 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to IPython 5.3
* Fix a bug in ``set_next_input`` leading to a crash of terminal IPython.
:ghpull:`10231`, :ghissue:`10296`, :ghissue:`10229`
* Always wait for editor inputhook for terminal IPython :ghpull:`10239`,
* Disable ``_ipython_display_`` in terminal :ghpull:`10249`, :ghpull:`10274`
* Update terminal colors to be more visible by default on windows
:ghpull:`10260`, :ghpull:`10238`, :ghissue:`10281`
* Add Ctrl-Z shortcut (suspend) in terminal debugger :ghpull:`10254`,
* Indent on new line by looking at the text before the cursor :ghpull:`10264`,
* Update QtEventloop integration to fix some matplotlib integration issues
:ghpull:`10201`, :ghpull:`10311`, :ghissue:`10201`
* Respect completions display style in terminal debugger :ghpull:`10305`,
* Add a config option ``TerminalInteractiveShell.extra_open_editor_shortcuts``
to enable extra shortcuts to open the input in an editor. These are :kbd:`v`
in vi mode, and :kbd:`C-X C-E` in emacs mode (:ghpull:`10330`).
The :kbd:`F2` shortcut is always enabled.
- Update to IPython 5.2.2
* Fix error when starting with ``IPCompleter.limit_to__all__`` configured.
- Update to IPython 5.2.1
* Fix tab completion in the debugger. :ghpull:`10223`
- Update to IPython 5.2
* restore IPython's debugger to raise on quit. :ghpull:`10009`
* The configuration value ``c.TerminalInteractiveShell.highlighting_style`` can
now directly take a class argument for custom color style. :ghpull:`9848`
* Correctly handle matplotlib figures dpi :ghpull:`9868`
* Deprecate ``-e`` flag for the ``%notebook`` magic that had no effects.
* You can now press F2 while typing at a terminal prompt to edit the contents
in your favourite terminal editor. Set the :envvar:`EDITOR` environment
variable to pick which editor is used. :ghpull:`9929`
* sdists will now only be ``.tar.gz`` as per upstream PyPI requirements.
* :any:`IPython.core.debugger` have gained a ``set_trace()`` method for
* The 'smart command mode' added to the debugger in 5.0 was removed, as more
people preferred the previous behaviour. Therefore, debugger commands such as
``c`` will act as debugger commands even when ``c`` is defined as a variable.
* Fixes OS X event loop issues at startup, :ghpull:`10150`
* Deprecate the ``%autoindent`` magic. :ghpull:`10176`
* Emit a :any:`DeprecationWarning` when setting the deprecated
``limit_to_all`` option of the completer. :ghpull:`10198`
* The :cellmagic:`capture` magic can now capture the result of a cell (from an
expression on the last line), as well as printed and displayed output.
- Update to IPython 5.1
* Broken ``%timeit`` on Python2 due to the use of ``__qualname__``. :ghpull:`9804`
* Restore ``%gui qt`` to create and return a ``QApplication`` if necessary. :ghpull:`9789`
* Don't set terminal title by default. :ghpull:`9801`
* Preserve indentation when inserting newlines with ``Ctrl-O``. :ghpull:`9770`
* Restore completion in debugger. :ghpull:`9785`
* Deprecate ``IPython.core.debugger.Tracer()`` in favor of simpler, newer, APIs. :ghpull:`9731`
* Restore ``NoOpContext`` context manager removed by mistake, and add `DeprecationWarning`. :ghpull:`9765`
* Add option allowing ``Prompt_toolkit`` to use 24bits colors. :ghpull:`9736`
* Fix for closing interactive matplotlib windows on OS X. :ghpull:`9854`
* An embedded interactive shell instance can be used more than once. :ghpull:`9843`
* More robust check for whether IPython is in a terminal. :ghpull:`9833`
* Better pretty-printing of dicts on PyPy. :ghpull:`9827`
* Some coloured output now looks better on dark background command prompts in Windows.
* Improved tab completion of paths on Windows . :ghpull:`9826`
* Fix tkinter event loop integration on Python 2 with ``future`` installed. :ghpull:`9824`
* Restore ``Ctrl-\`` as a shortcut to quit IPython.
* Make ``get_ipython()`` accessible when modules are imported by startup files. :ghpull:`9818`
* Add support for running directories containing a ``__main__.py`` file with the
``ipython`` command. :ghpull:`9813`
- Update to IPython 5.0
+ IPython 5 features a major upgrade to the terminal interface, bringing live
syntax highlighting as you type, proper multiline editing and multiline paste,
and tab completions that don't clutter up your history.
+ Backwards incompatible changes
* The ``%install_ext`` magic function, deprecated since 4.0, has now been deleted.
You can distribute and install extensions as packages on PyPI.
* Callbacks registered while an event is being handled will now only be called
for subsequent events; previously they could be called for the current event.
Similarly, callbacks removed while handling an event *will* always get that
event. See :ghissue:`9447` and :ghpull:`9453`.
* Integration with pydb has been removed since pydb development has been stopped
since 2012, and pydb is not installable from PyPI.
* The ``autoedit_syntax`` option has apparently been broken for many years.
It has been removed.
* The overhaul of the terminal interface will probably cause a range of minor
issues for existing users.
* IPython no longer uses readline configuration (``~/.inputrc``). We hope that
the functionality you want (e.g. vi input mode) will be available by configuring
IPython directly (see :doc:`/config/options/terminal`).
* The ``PromptManager`` class has been removed, and the prompt machinery simplified.
* There are new options to configure the colours used in syntax highlighting.
We have tried to integrate them with our classic ``--colors`` option and
``%colors`` magic, but there's a mismatch in possibilities, so some configurations
may produce unexpected results. See :ref:`termcolour` for more information.
* The new interface is not compatible with Emacs 'inferior-shell' feature. To
continue using this, add the ``--simple-prompt`` flag to the command Emacs
runs. This flag disables most IPython features, relying on Emacs to provide
things like tab completion.
+ Provisional Changes
* When running via the Jupyter notebook interfaces, or other compatible client,
you can enable rich documentation experimental functionality:
When the ``docrepr`` package is installed setting the boolean flag
``InteractiveShell.sphinxify_docstring`` to ``True``, will process the various
object through sphinx before displaying them (see the ``docrepr`` package
documentation for more information.
+ Deprecated Features
* ``hooks.fix_error_editor`` seems unused and is pending deprecation.
* `IPython/core/excolors.py:ExceptionColors` is deprecated.
* `IPython.core.InteractiveShell:write()` is deprecated; use `sys.stdout` instead.
* `IPython.core.InteractiveShell:write_err()` is deprecated; use `sys.stderr` instead.
* The `formatter` keyword argument to `Inspector.info` in `IPython.core.oinspec` has no effect.
* The `global_ns` keyword argument of IPython Embed was deprecated, and has no effect. Use `module` keyword argument instead.
- Update to IPython 4.2
* Fix ``ipython -i`` on errors, which was broken in 4.1.
* The delay meant to highlight deprecated commands that have moved to jupyter has been removed.
* Improve compatibility with future versions of traitlets and matplotlib.
* Use stdlib :func:`python:shutil.get_terminal_size` to measure terminal width when displaying tracebacks
(provided by ``backports.shutil_get_terminal_size`` on Python 2).
- Update to IPython 4.1.2
* fixes installation issues with some versions of setuptools.
* Thu Mar 16 2017 email@example.com
- do not Recommend jupyter_nbconvert (which pulls in texlive)
* Wed Feb 17 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
* update copyright year
* Simplify tests for determining whether to build pdf documentation
- update to version 4.1.1:
* Backport #9209: Don't import IPython to check version number in
- Update to 4.1.0
* Release February, 2016. IPython 4.1 contain mostly bug fixes.
It though contain a few improvement.
* IPython debugger (IPdb) now supports the number of context
lines for the where (and w) commands. The context keyword is
also available in various APIs. See PR :ghpull:`9097`
* YouTube video will now show thumbnail when exported to a media
that do not support video. (:ghpull:`9086`)
* Add warning when running ipython <subcommand> when subcommand
is deprecated. jupyter should now be used.
* Code in %pinfo (also known as ??) are now highlighter
* %aimport now support module completion. (:ghpull:`8884`)
* ipdb output is now colored ! (:ghpull:`8842`)
* Add ability to transpose columns for completion:
* Many many docs improvements and bug fixes
- update to version 4.0.3:
* Python 3.5 bug in that could crash during shutdown, triggered by
deprecations in traitlets 4.1.
* Typo in deprecation message for nbconvert
- update to version 4.0.2:
* Fix backward-compatiblity shim for "IPython.Config", which
should have been deprecated instead of removed. This will be
removed in 5.0.
- update to version 4.0.1:
* Installation on some systems
* Compatibility with CPython 3.4.4
* Compatibility with Qt5
* Thu Oct 01 2015 email@example.com
- Build documentation
This is in a separate spec file to avoid dependency loops
- Obsolete IPython
- Split the iptest executable into its own subpackage
This has a bunch of testing dependencies that are not otherwise
* Fri Aug 21 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add conflict with older versions of IPython