* Mon Mar 09 2020 email@example.com
- version update to 2.13.3
- Fix DeprecationWarning about MutableMapping.
* Sat Jul 06 2019 Sebastian Wagner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Uodate to version 2.13.2:
- Fixed DeprecationWarning on python 3.7: "'U' mode is deprecated".
* Sat Feb 16 2019 Sebastian Wagner <email@example.com>
- Update to version 2.13.1:
- Documentation update for the new ``buildout query`` command.
* Sun Jan 27 2019 Sebastian Wagner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 2.13.0:
* Get information about the configuration with new command ``buildout query``.
* Tue Dec 04 2018 Matej Cepl <email@example.com>
- Remove superfluous devel dependency for noarch package
* Mon Sep 17 2018 Sebastian Wagner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- update to version 2.12.2:
- Upon an error, buildout exits with a non-zero exit code. This now also works
when running with ``-D``.
- Fixed most 'Deprecation' and 'Resource' warnings.
- update to version 2.12.1:
- zc.buildout now explicitly requests zc.recipe.egg >=2.0.6 now.
* Sat Jul 07 2018 email@example.com
- update to version 2.12.0:
- Add a new buildout option ``allow-unknown-extras`` to enable
installing requirements that specify extras that do not exist. This
needs a corresponding update to zc.recipe.egg. See `issue 457
zc.recipe.egg has been updated to 2.0.6 for this change.
- update to version 2.11.5:
- Fix for `issue 295 <https://github.com/buildout/buildout/issues/295>`_. On
windows, deletion of temporary egg files is more robust now.
* Mon May 21 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.11.4:
- Fix for `issue 451 <https://github.com/buildout/buildout/issues/451>`:
distributions with a version number that normalizes to a shorter version
number (3.3.0 to 3.3, for instance) can be installed now.
* Sat Apr 14 2018 email@example.com
- update to version 2.11.3:
- Update to use the new PyPI at https://pypi.org/.
* Mon Mar 19 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.11.2:
- Fix for the #442 issue: AttributeError on
* Fri Mar 02 2018 email@example.com
- update to version 2.11.1:
- Made upgrade check more robust. When using extensions, the improvement
introduced in 2.11 could prevent buildout from restarting itself when it
* Sun Jan 21 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 2.11.0:
- Installed packages are added to the working set immediately. This helps in
some corner cases that occur when system packages have versions that
conflict with our specified versions.
- update to verion 2.10.0
- Setuptools 38.2.0 started supporting wheels. Through setuptools, buildout
now also supports wheels! You need at least version 38.2.3 to get proper
This setuptools change interfered with buildout's recent support for
buildout.wheel <https://github.com/buildout/buildout.wheel>, resulting in
a sudden "Wheels are not supported" error message (see issue 435
<https://github.com/buildout/buildout/issues/425>). Fixed by making
setuptools the default, though you can still use the buildout.wheel if you
- remove test boundary condition from specfile
* Fri Dec 01 2017 email@example.com
- update to 2.9.6:
* Fixed: could not install eggs when sdist file name and package name had different case.
* Sat Sep 23 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.9.5
* Use HTTPS for PyPI's index. PyPI redirects HTTP to HTTPS by default
now so using HTTPS directly avoids the potential for that redirect
being modified in flight.
* Sat Aug 19 2017 email@example.com
- update to 2.9.4
- rename to python-zc.buildout
* Sun Sep 29 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.2.1
+ distutils scripts: correct order of operations on from ... import
lines (see https://github.com/buildout/buildout/issues/134).
+ Add an --allow-site-packges option to bootstrap.py, defaulting to False.
If the value is false, strip any "site packages" (as defined by the
site module) from sys.path before attempting to import setuptools / pkg_resources.
+ Updated the URL used to fetch ez_setup.py to the official,
non-version- pinned version.
- Changes between version 2.2.0 and 2.1.0
+ Handle both addition and subtraction of elements (+= and -=) on
the same key in the same section. Forward-ported from buildout 1.6.
+ Suppress the useless Link to <URL> ***BLOCKED*** by --allow-hosts error
message being emitted by distribute / setuptools.
+ Extend distutils script generation to support module docstrings and
+ Refactored picked versions logic to make it easier to use for plugins.
+ Use get_win_launcher API to find Windows launcher (falling back to resource
_string for cli.exe).
+ Remove data_files from setup.py: it was installing README.txt in current
directory during installation (merged from 1.x branch).
+ Switch dependency from distribute 0.6.x to setuptools 0.7.x.
- Use download url as source url
- Replace python-distribute with python-setuptools BuildRequires
- Add documentation from tarball
* Mon Mar 25 2013 email@example.com
- Update to 2.1.0:
- Meta-recipe support
- Conditional sections
- Buildout now accepts a --version command-line option to print
Fixed: Builout didn't exit with a non-zero exit status if there was a
failure in combination with an upgrade.
Fixed: We now fail with an informative error when an old bootstrap
script causes buildout 2 to be used with setuptools.
Fixed: An error incorrectly suggested that buildout 2 implemented all
of the functionality of dumppickedversions.
Fixed: Buildout generated bad scripts when no eggs needed to be added
Fixed: Buildout didn't honour Unix umask when generating scripts.
Fixed: update-versions-file didn't work unless
show-picked-versions was also set.
* Thu Feb 21 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.7.1:
* Fixed: Constraints intended to prevent upgrading to
buildout-2-compatible recipes weren't expressed correctly, leading to
unintendional use of zc.recipe.egg-2.0.0a3.
- Update to version 1.7.0:
* Unless version requirements are specified, buildout won't upgrade
itself past version 1.
* Versions in versions sections can now be simple constraints, like <2.0dev
in addition to being simple versions.
* This is used to prevent upgrading zc.recipe.egg and zc.recipe.testrunner
past version 1.
* If buildout is bootstrapped with a non-final release, it won't downgrade
itself to a final release.
* Fix: distribute 0.6.33 broke Python 2.4 compatibility
remove data_files from setup.py, which was installing README.txt in
current directory during installation [Domen Ko?ar]
Windows fix: use cli-64.exe/cli.exe depending on 64/32 bit and try cli.exe
if cli-64.exe is not found, fixing 9c6be7ac6d218f09e33725e07dccc4af74d8cf97
* Windows fix: buildout init was broken, re.sub does not like a single backslash
* fixed all builds on travis-ci
use os._exit insted of sys.exit after ugrade forking
Revert cfa0478937d16769c268bf51e60e69cd3ead50f3, it only broke a feature
* Tue Mar 13 2012 email@example.com
- Regenerate spec file with py2pack.
* Mon Feb 13 2012 firstname.lastname@example.org
- patch license to follow spdx.org standard
* Wed Oct 13 2010 email@example.com
- Update to 1.5.2.
* Mon Aug 30 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.5.1.
* Wed Aug 25 2010 email@example.com
- Update to 1.5.0.
* Fri Aug 20 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.4.4.
* Sat May 01 2010 email@example.com
- Update to 1.5.0b2.
* Mon Nov 02 2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.4.2.
* Fri Oct 16 2009 email@example.com
- Initial package (1.4.1) for openSUSE.