* Sun Jan 16 2022 Ben Greiner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 7.2.1
* Explicitly require traits 6.2 and pyface 7.3 (#1666, #1668)
- Release 7.2.0
* TraitsUI 7.2.0 is a minor release which includes numerous bug
fixes, documentation improvements, code maintenance changes,
* The migration from on_trait_change to observe is underway. As a
result, TraitsUI now requires Traits >= 6.2.
* New display-only VideoEditor (currently only on Qt backend).
Exapnsion of features for the new UITester including the
ability to inspect UI object visibility / enabledness. Also
documentation for testing has been updated.
* Notes on upgrading: This release of TraitsUI now depends on
Traits 6.2+ and pyface 7.2+. Also, deprecated code / modules
have been removed. Namely, the :mod:traitsui.image
<traitsui.image> module which was moved to pyface.image,
editors_gen modules, Editor and EditorFactory factory methods
on Toolkit objects, and more. For a complete list, see PRs in
the "Removals" section. These were all generally unused /
deprecated for sometime. Also, importing directly from
traitsui.editors has been deprecated. Please update imports to
import directly from :mod:traitsui.api or
- Detailed changelog at
- Add traitsui-pr1689-deprecations.patch
* gh#enthought/traitsui#1689 + gh#enthought/traitsui#1681
* Tue Feb 23 2021 Ben Greiner <email@example.com>
- Update to 7.1.1
* Fix scrollable trait of a Group not being implemented on Qt
* Fix icon button's clickable area too small for FileEditor and
RangeEditor on Qt and OSX (#1383)
* Fix missing minimize and maximize buttons for dialogs opened
on certain Linux platforms (#1409)
- Release 7.1.0
Highlights of this release
* A new traitsui.testing.api module has been introduced for
testing GUI applications built using TraitsUI. See Testing
TraitsUI Applications for an introduction. Builtin support has
been added for testing several TraitsUI editors. More support
will be added in the future.
* On OSX and Qt, there have been reports of missing UI view
updates after a push button is clicked. While this is
suspected to be a Qt issue, changes have been made to
ButtonEditor, SetEditor and ImageEnumEditor to mitigate the
* The internal logic for disposing an instance traitsui.ui.UI is
changed as an attempt to resolve AttributeError that occurs
while a nested UI is removed.
Notes on upgrading
* On the issue about Qt button not causing views to update on
OSX, projects that have been working around the issue by
adding GUI().process_events() (or similar) in their
applications may now try to remove those workarounds. However,
the change that mitigates the issue in a production
environment has implications for tests: The button's click
slot is no longer invoked immediately but always invoked by
the Qt GUI event loop. Tests that used to call the Qt button
click method directly and rely on the event to happen
immediately will now need to update their tests to ensure that
the click slot is processed by the Qt GUI event loop in the
same order as before. Consider using the new testing library
which automatically runs the GUI event loop after each
interaction (e.g. mouse click).
* traitsui.image has been moved to pyface.image more than 3
years ago and has since been deprecated. Previously it was
scheduled to be removed in TraitsUI 6.0. This planned removal
is now deferred to TraitsUI 7.2.
- use pytest-xvfb
- Don't test numpy on python36
* Tue Sep 08 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org
- version update to 7.0.1
* Fix error from true division of integers for Qt RangeEditor and BoundsEditor
* Fix handling of minimum and maximum datetimes in Qt DatetimeEditor (#803)
* Fix error in wx TabularEditor (#969)
* Fix wx panel error due to alignments (#829)
* Fix various issues in the demo application (#799, #808)
* Fix format_func not used when EnumEditor is initialized with static values
* Fix demo application description (#850)
* Fix auto-add functionality in ListStrModel (#860)
* Fix segmentation fault for TabularModel (#871, #873)
* Fix event handling in ListStrEditor and TabularEditor for adding and removing
* Fix TabularAdapter crashes when column number reduces (#897)
* Fix theme pickling issue (#915)
* Fix error from example's tutor.py script (#813)
- use pytest instead of nose for running tests
* Mon Jul 13 2020 Marketa Calabkova <email@example.com>
- Update to 7.0.0
* Documentation improvements (#720, #724, #723, #778)
* WxPython 4 compatibility and support (#708, #736, #762, #772, #775, #776)
* Traits 6 compatibility and enhancements (#689, #690, #693, #695, #713, #727, #770)
* Style improvements (#648, #771)
* Add placeholder text option for TextEditor (#735)
* Examples clean-up and unification (#697, #702, #703, #705, #711, #712, #777)
* Add a DatetimeEditor (#719, #730)
* Refactor and clean-up of base Editor class (#685, #686, #688)
* Remove use of Category classes from TraitsUI (#654)
* Add LEDEditor for Qt (#635)
* Add 'docs' command to etstool.py (#624)
* Add TabularAdapter to traitsui.api (#627)
* Enhancements to CI and testing (#683, #714, #740)
* Documentation fixes (#546, #766)
* Fix cgi.escape for Python 3.8 (#780)
* Log exceptions in table sorting (#751)
* Use TupleEditor for traits derived from BaseTuple (#747)
* Fixes for Undo/Redo (#733)
* Add explicit redraw for TableEditor selection (#721)
* Fixes for Qt5 support (#709)
* Fix bugs in color functions (#707, #744)
* Fix importing of ProgressColumn and EditColumn (#691)
* Set initial focus item correctly in Qt (#602)
* Fix text elision test on some platforms (#644)
* Fix a bug with TableEditor column clicking (#669)
* Fix typo in progress column exception (#662)
* Mon Apr 20 2020 Tomá? Chvátal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fix build without python2
* Fri Sep 13 2019 Tomá? Chvátal <email@example.com>
- Update to 6.1.3:
* Add "bool" to allowed types for TableColumn (#656)
* Fix tabular editor column widths (#652)
* Fix setting valus in DataFrameEditor (#651)
* Allow '...' in addition to ellipsis in text elision (#644)
* Handle invalid values in RangeEditor better (#637)
* Fix multi-select in Qt TabularEditor (#633)
* Fix call to Bind in Wx FileEditor (#628)
* Fixes to doc links in tutorial (#619)
* Remove 3.5 from test matrix (#615)
* Ensure etstool.py has consistent default Python versions (#614)
* Fix typos in comments for table editor (#610)
* Comprehensive tests for the base Editor object (#609)
* Fix ContextValue __init__ method (#607)
* Fix tutor.py in examples for Python 3 (#603)
* Set initial item focus correctly on Qt (#602)
* Make View and UI icons an Image trait (#600)
* Fix TableEditor styling for Qt (#597)
* Tue Jul 23 2019 Todd R <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to Release 6.1.2
* Fix tree node copy failure to copy
* Fix/scroll to row preserve column
* Call correct object on label change for TreeNodeObject
* Remove uses of etsdevtools
* Fix modal view application
* Remove unicode usage
* Update Travis CI configuration to be compatible with Ubuntu Xenial.
* Build CI on maintenance branches
* Fix an erroneous handler removal
* Fix the sizeHint() default for TreeItemDelegate.
* Update unittest import
- Update to Release 6.1.1
* Fix TreeNodeObject listener cache.
* Fix tree node insertion.
- Update to Release 6.1.0
* Switch to using six instead of 2to3.
* Experimental Pyside2 support.
* Allow arbitrary rendering of tree nodes in Qt backend.
* Use tooltip metadata on a trait instead of desc, if available.
* Enable scroll to column for TabularEditor
* Add demo for tabular editor with context menu.
* Allow the use of extended trait names in TreeNodes where possible.
* Allow drag move and drag copy modes on Qt TabularEditor.
* Fixes to README.
* Documentation fixes.
* Fixes to setup.py.
* Fix an attribute error on Qt TextRangeEditor.
* Use SimpleEditor for Qt TextEditor's "text" style.
* Fix handling of Range traits with a mix of constant and named bounds.
* Fix display selection on Wx backend.
* Fixes for Qt TableEditor selections.
* Fix deprecation warnings for inspect.getargspec.
* Fixes to etstool.
* Fix TreeEditor unhashable type errors.
* Fix crash when TabularEditor has no columns.
* Clone editor factories so they don't share traits.
* Avoid creation of dummy traits by springy items.
* Fix drag and drop crash in Python 3.
* Fix Undo/Redo for readonly items and error handling.
* Fix source parsing in demo app.
* Fix signature of close() method of Qt modal dialog.
* Fix incorrect code in Wx ColorEditor.
* Fix incorrect code in Wx ProgressEditor.
* Remove uses of deprecated HasTraits.set() calls.
* Fix rendering of CheckboxColumn on OS X and Qt.
* Wed May 09 2018 email@example.com
- Update to version 6.0.0
* Support for Qt5 (#347, #352, #350, #433)
* Remove TraitsUI Themes (#342)
* Improve Toolkit selection and handling (#425, #429)
* API Documentation (#438)
* Adapter documentation (#340)
* Support multi-selection in DataFrameEditor (#413)
* DataFrameEditor demo (#444)
* Common BasePanel class for toolkits (#392)
* Labels honor enable_when values (#401)
* Better error messages when toolkit doesn?t implement methods (#391)
* Improve TraitsUI Action handling (#384)
* ListEditor UI improvements (#338, #396, #395)
* Remove old style signals and slots for Qt backend (#330, #346, #347, #403)
* Expose a ?refresh? trait for the DataFrameEditor (#288)
* Use Enthought Deployment Manager to automate CI and testing (#321, #357)
* Continuous integration on OS X (#322)
* Reduce circular dependencies of PyFace on TraitsUI (#304)
* PEP8-compliant formatting of source (#290)
* Add progress bar column for TableEditor (#287)
* Add codecov coverage reports (#285, #328)
* Fix some issues for newer WxPython (#418)
* Fix Wx simple FileEditor (#426)
* Fixes for DataFrameEditor (#415)
* Fixes for preferences state saving under Qt (#410, #447)
* Fix panel state after setting preferences (#253)
* Fix TableEditor ColorColumn (#399)
* Prevent loopback from slider in Qt RangeEditor (#400)
* Fix Action buttons under Qt (#393, #394)
* Fix ValueEditor icons (#386)
* Fix bug in update_object (#379)
* Avoid reading Event trait values in sync_value (#375)
* Fix raise_to_debug calls (#362, #372)
* Fix errors during garbage collection (#359)
* Remove unused argument in wx.hook_events (#360)
* Fix button label updates (#358)
* Fix TreeEditor label updates (#335)
* Proper InstanceEditor dialog lifecycle (#332)
* Don?t explicitly destroy child widgets under Qt (#283)
* Test fixes and improvements (#329, #369, #371, #327)
* Fixes for demos and examples (#320, #445)
* Fix CheckListEditor string comparison (#318)
* Remove some spurious print statements (#305)
* Documentation fixes (#301, #326, #380, #438, #443)
* Fixes for Python 3 compatibility (#295, #300, #165, #311, #410)
* Fix error with Qt table model mimetype (#296)
* Fixes for continuous integration (#299, #345, #365, #397, #420, #427)
* Fix offset issue when dragging from Qt TreeEditor (#293)
* Fix Wx kill-focus event issues (#291)
* Fix readthedocs build (#281)
- Update to version 5.1.0
* Add support for multi-select in the DataFrameEditor (#413).
- Use license tag
* Wed Aug 23 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Implement single-spec version
- Update to version 5.1.0
* Enthought Sphinx Theme Support (#219)
* Allow hiding groups in split layouts on Qt (#246)
* Allow subclass of Controller to set a default model (#255)
* Add toolbar in Qt UI panel (#263)
* Fix Qt TableEditor segfault on editing close (#277)
* Update tree nodes when adding children to am empty tree (#251)
* Change default backend from Wx to Qt (#254, #256)
* Improve toolkit selection (#259)
* Fix capturing the mouse and click events on Wx (#265, #266)
* Remove duplicated traits in NotebookEditor (#268)
* Fix exception during disposal of ListStrEditor (#270)
* Version number in documentation (#273)
* Thu Apr 14 2016 email@example.com
- Removed python-pandas dependency.
* Tue Apr 12 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 5.0.0
- New Features
* Experimental Python 3 support (#230)
* A DataFrameEditor for Pandas DataFrames, similar to the ArrayViewEditor
* Add a Qt version of the ProgressEditor (#217)
* Links to demos in the documentation (#159)
* Add minimal support for the dock_styles option to the Qt tabbed List
* Fix failure to disconnect selection listeners for ListStrEditor in Qt (#223)
* Fix layout of TextEditors in some situations (#216)
* Fix removal of _popEventHandlers not owned by TraitsUI in Wx (#215)
* Remove some old (TraitsUI 3.0-era) documentation (#214)
* Help button now works on Qt (#160)
* Wed Mar 16 2016 email@example.com
- Fixed the "have choice" error by adding "BuildRequires: python-wxWidgets"
* Fri Sep 04 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Release 4.5.1
* Fix pypi installation problem (#206)
- Release 4.5.0
* Application-modal Traits UI dialogs are correctly styled as
application-modal under Qt. On Macs, they will now appear as independent
windows rather than drop-down sheets. (#164)
* Qt CodeEditor now honors 'show_line_numbers' and the 'readonly' style (#137)
* Deprecated `implements` declaration removed, use `provides` instead (#152)
* Fix TableEditor so that Qt.QSplitter honors 'orientation' trait (#171)
* Show row labels in Qt TableEditor when requested (#176)
* Fix TupleEditor so that multiple change events are not fired (#179)
* Numpy dependency is now optional. `ArrayEditor` will not be available
if numpy cannot be imported (#181)
* Add development versioning (#200)
* Mon Oct 13 2014 email@example.com
- Update to 4.4.0
* No upstream changelog
- Update source to pypi url.
* Thu Oct 24 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Require python-setuptools instead of distribute (upstreams merged)
* Sat Apr 20 2013 email@example.com
- Added a note about being part of the Enthought Tool Suite (ETS).
* Thu Apr 18 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 4.3.0
* no changelog
* Tue May 22 2012 email@example.com
- Renamed to python-traitsui to reflect upstream name change
- Updated to version 4.2.0
- Updated to version 4.1.0
- Package now includes Qt and wx backends
* Tue May 31 2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spec file cleanup:
* Added license header
* Use proper SUSE version checks
* Sat Apr 23 2011 email@example.com
- first import from Fedora src rpm